Apr 29, 2019, 11:12 PM
We are almost on the opposite ends of the diameter of the Big Ball, and have the same problem......flew 3 flights in the dome and it was more then the nose could take......an easy repair. The last 2 flights were FPV and so smooth that other pilots came over to see what it was. Same conditions of flying about head high when it snapped during a gentle turn. Each was at a different place in the dome. No low speed flying.
A mod that has done what I hoped for is adding rudder area......thin plastic 1 1/2" at the bottom and tapering to 1/4" at the top of the rudder. Much better rudder turns. Another mod to use my common 2s350 batteries was to change to a red JST connecter. Both the plane and camera batteries fit into the body.
I do have a question; the yellow Jumper V2+ binds for 6G only. How do I use one of the switches for the 3D selection, too? I want to try FPV with 3D and not using the ailerons. another thought is to put a reverser on one aileron so both go up and down together like flaps.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 01:02 AM
Check out page 9 in this thread ...
Apr 30, 2019, 07:05 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Ch 8 on a 2 position switch swaps between 3D and "6G" modes
CH11 on a slider adjusts pitch trim

Channels 1-4 are throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder.
Channel 5 activates the model's built-in dual rate.
Channel 6 activates throttle hold.
Channel 7 activates idle up (WL Toys V931, V966 and V977 only).
Channel 8 toggles between 6G (default) and 3G stabilization.
Channel 9-11 are trim channels for throttle/pitch, elevator and rudder.

Whats the servo connector ? Picoblade ?
Last edited by scousethief; Apr 30, 2019 at 07:18 AM.
May 06, 2019, 12:25 AM
How would you like some good news?
I tested some stuff from a big box store that removes the snowflakes from the A800........Spring has arrived. This stuff removes the ENTIRE trim down to the foam and doesn't effect the foam. The trim is pretty messy and might take 3 wet paper towels to remove it all. It is like the trim was never put on.
"Goof Off".....small yellow metal can with a green / yellow flip top spout......says it removes super glue, epoxy and Gorilla glue.
Warning says extremely flammable but I don't smell anything strong.
Wouldn't I been surprised to end up with a plastic puddle and metal parts sticking out.
May 10, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Ch 8 on a 2 position switch swaps between 3D and "6G" modes
CH11 on a slider adjusts pitch trim

Channels 1-4 are throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder.
Channel 5 activates the model's built-in dual rate.
Channel 6 activates throttle hold.
Channel 7 activates idle up (WL Toys V931, V966 and V977 only).
Channel 8 toggles between 6G (default) and 3G stabilization.
Channel 9-11 are trim channels for throttle/pitch, elevator and rudder.

Whats the servo connector ? Picoblade ?
Thanks for the channel info, very handy. My A800 has just arrived and I'm setting it up with my Taranis with Jumper multiprotocol module.

I compared the aileron servo connectors with an HK 5320 servo that definitely has the Molex Picoblade 1.25mm 3 pin connector, and they are the same. In fact the servo looks exactly the same as the 5320, with the one difference being that it is black instead of white.
May 10, 2019, 02:52 AM
Just had my A800 delivered yesterday - some scratches on the canopy,and I'll be filling the gaps in some of the joints but apart from that it's all good and I'm looking forward to flying it this weekend.

Incidentally, there were some people asking how to remove the 'stickers', I was able to remove those on my A800 using the clear packing tape that I have put on the leading edges - just tear off a piece of the tape and rub it over the sticker but make sure to cover an edge, then rip it away quickly.

Edit: Canopy cover is in perfect condition - no visible scratches, after I removed the plastic film protector!
Last edited by Brocher; May 20, 2019 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Stupid earlier comment
May 10, 2019, 07:13 AM
I bought a roll of glow in the dark tape that might help with night flying. Reflective tape might work better but I’ll see how this stuff works.
May 12, 2019, 10:32 PM
Some eons ago I applied glo paint to a 74 Fighter hand launch glider and remember it was "interesting". The flashlight glo charging affected night vision. The glo lost intensity within a few minutes. The glow at it's brightest still disappeared after a short distance, but the glider was remarkable in flying a circular path and silently ghostly reappearing.
Yes, there is a new long lasting glo material which will last all night....I was planning to make glo-in-the-dark baby pacifiers that could be found at night under the crib.......but kids could remove the pacifier ends and out of curiosity chew on the material.......not safe. I do have a sample transluesent disc by the computer that still glows all night after I shut down.
May 13, 2019, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if you can bind the A800 to the XK X6 radio? Also does the A800 have a bind reset? Thanks in advance.
May 13, 2019, 05:19 PM
Got rid of the tip stalls!!!!!!
Just back from testing in the huge dome and the bird is much better behaved.
Measured 1 1/4" out from the end of the ailerons and cut the wing tips off. I think the sweep back was causing the tips to stall. Also flew it FPV and it handles much better.
May 16, 2019, 08:55 PM
I wanted to spice up mine a little bit and sprayed a coat of plasti dip on it. Gives the plane a whole different personality.
May 16, 2019, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDazNinja
Does anyone know if you can bind the A800 to the XK X6 radio? Also does the A800 have a bind reset? Thanks in advance.

Short Answer = No

XK Transmitter = Futaba Protocol ..
XK A800 = KN / WLtoys Protocol

It's been mentioned several times ..
May 24, 2019, 08:25 AM
On my A800 the N60 motor has a lontitudinal, rectangular adaptor (brass?) on the shaft with an internal thread at the end for the folding-prop' assembly centre-screw fitment. From the website images provided by the those companies offering suitable N60 replacements for this plane, it appears those motors do not have the said adaptor with internal thread. Am I missing something or does the prop shaft adaptor just pull-off the motor shaft so that I can use it again - I have tried but not too hard, yet?

Thanks for your advice
May 24, 2019, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocher
On my A800 the N60 motor has a lontitudinal, rectangular adaptor (brass?) on the shaft with an internal thread at the end for the folding-prop' assembly centre-screw fitment. From the website images provided by the those companies offering suitable N60 replacements for this plane, it appears those motors do not have the said adaptor with internal thread. Am I missing something or does the prop shaft adaptor just pull-off the motor shaft so that I can use it again - I have tried but not too hard, yet?

Thanks for your advice
Just had a look at mine, and saw the same thing. The only thing I can suggest is that gently heating the brass part might make it easier to get off the shaft. I think brass has a higher coefficient of thermal expansion than steel.

It might also be possible to get it off with a pinion puller, if you have one.

If your motor has failed anyway, I don't suppose it will matter if you damage the motor while trying to remove the brass piece. If it hasn't failed, you can just hope that it never does.
Last edited by 1auriec; May 25, 2019 at 12:28 AM.
May 24, 2019, 11:19 PM
U can buy new motors for like $7 .. If you kill the motor ..

Quick Reply