1/10 TENACITY-DB 4WD Desert Buggy RTR with AVC

Combining the TEN platform with the control of a Spektrum AVC system, the Losi TENACITY-DB 4X4 Desert Buggy RTR is power personified.

Splash

RTR, AVC: 1/10 4WD DESERT BUGGY

From Losi

The TENACITY DB is the next evolution in RTR Performance with insane speeds, dialed handling and incredible scale detail! Based off the world famous TEN platform, the TENACITY DB utilizes more composite components to reduce the cost of the vehicle while still having incredible durability and performance. The Dynamite Fuze 4-Pole 3800 KV 550 motor will drive the TENACITY DB well past the 50+ MPH mark on 3s power. With the bottom loading battery tray and full metric hardware, working and running the TENACITY DB is a breeze. Throw in the scale inspired Desert Buggy body, wing, LED lights and off road buggy inspired wheel design with Maxxis Razr MT Tires and you have the ultimate package.

1/10 TENACITY-DB 4WD Desert Buggy RTR with AVC (2 min 18 sec)

Features

• TEN 4WD Platform
  • 50+ MPH
  • Scale Inspired Body and Wing
  • LED Light Bar
  • Flip Top Cage
  • Spektrum DX2E Active with AVC
  • Spektrum Speedometer Ready
  • Spektrum Dashboard Ready
  • Dynamite 130A Brushless ESC
  • Dynamite Fuze 4-Pole 3800 KV 550 Motor
  • Bottom Loading Battery
  • 2S and 3S Li-Po Compatible
  • Spektrum 9KG Waterproof Metal Gear Servo
  • 12mm Race Inspired Shocks
  • Fully Upgradeable
  • Maxxis Razr MT Tire
  • Spektrum FPV Camera Mount Included

Specifications

• Type: 1/10 4WD RTR Desert Buggy
  • Length: 21.1in (535mm)
  • Width: 11.7in (297mm)
  • Ground Clearance: 1.5 in (38.1mm)
  • Wheelbase: 13.1 in (332.7mm)
  • Track: 11.5 in (292.1mm)
  • Chassis: 5mm Composite
  • Weight: 6.0 lb (2.7kg)
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
  • Suspension: Independent
  • Tire Diameter: 4.65" (118mm)
  • Tire Tread: All-Terrain
  • Shock Type: Oil-Filled/Coil-Over Spring
  • Motor: 550 4 pole 3800Kv

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and more info check out the site.

Apr 28, 2018, 08:10 AM
Nice looking buggy
Apr 30, 2018, 01:51 PM
Born again RC'er
I was wondering how long it would take them to give the SCBE the Tenacity treatment. Hopefully, it has the same body shell, I really liked the SCBE body. The SCBE was on my WANT list, and while, yeah, plastic chassis, I don't see anything here that makes me not want it still... LOL
Apr 30, 2018, 07:06 PM
Really Liking this buggy A lot !, This Would be my first Losi Product, I Would be going from a Redcat Tornando EPX Pro to this ...Redcat seems to be abit too fragile, but its fast..I wonder how this would compare as far as speed and durability ? Any thoughts ??
Apr 30, 2018, 08:54 PM
The Mad Titan
I purchased a Tenacity MT and promptly got rid of it. The motor burned out on the first run (2S pack), maybe due to the fact that the ESC was programmed from the factory to about 15 degrees (should be closer to 5 or zero). Even after replacing the motor, I was only getting 6-8 minutes out of a 5200 pack. The shocks are a known weak spot (be prepared to spend $20 per set of aluminum shock caps to upgrade) and the front and rear braces are weak and can snap with a bad landing. Other than that, it was great, LOL.

Maybe I got unlucky or got a lemon, but I'll never touch another Losi product again.
May 19, 2018, 03:12 PM
Yen
Yen
Was the prior version ten-scbe popular?

I don't see much forum talk out there on it, even on other sites (unless I missed it). All I gathered was the motor runs hot if running 3s so best to gear down on 3s and could run a fan on the motor/esc. Appears to be fairly stout for bashing.

Since it's based off of the ten-scte short course truck which is a lot more popular, have to go read up on that to get an idea of how this desert buggy is.

Looks like the new one is priced at $400 from msrp of $440 whereas the old one was priced at $450 from an msrp of 580.

New one has plastic chassis and some other plastic components like turnbuckles & steering linkages, whereas the old one was aluminum/metal. New one also has a light bar which is nice. Appears same electronics as the old one I think.

I started to like the look of these desert buggies and will be in the market for one to bash with.

For a new release, there doesn't seem to be too much hype.
Aug 31, 2018, 08:40 PM
Lol

I'm too stubborn I guess. Still have my Tenacity MT.

Same exact thing. Smoked the motor straight away.

I'm gonna drop a 1:8 scale motor and 150 amp esc and run four cells.

The battery compartment is a fail in my opinion too. What a crack up. You still have to pull the body (or shove your hands inside) to connect up.

I'm gonna chop the inside of the batt holder so I can drop the pack in and hold it with two Velcro straps.

Really beefy for a 1/10,

Fun project. It'll be great.

Quick Reply