Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

1/10 TENACITY-DB 4WD Desert Buggy RTR with AVC

Combining the TEN platform with the control of a Spektrum AVC system, the Losi TENACITY-DB 4X4 Desert Buggy RTR is power personified.

Splash

RTR, AVC: 1/10 4WD DESERT BUGGY

From Losi

The TENACITY DB is the next evolution in RTR Performance with insane speeds, dialed handling and incredible scale detail! Based off the world famous TEN platform, the TENACITY DB utilizes more composite components to reduce the cost of the vehicle while still having incredible durability and performance. The Dynamite Fuze 4-Pole 3800 KV 550 motor will drive the TENACITY DB well past the 50+ MPH mark on 3s power. With the bottom loading battery tray and full metric hardware, working and running the TENACITY DB is a breeze. Throw in the scale inspired Desert Buggy body, wing, LED lights and off road buggy inspired wheel design with Maxxis Razr MT Tires and you have the ultimate package.

1/10 TENACITY-DB 4WD Desert Buggy RTR with AVC (2 min 18 sec)

Features

  • TEN 4WD Platform
  • 50+ MPH
  • Scale Inspired Body and Wing
  • LED Light Bar
  • Flip Top Cage
  • Spektrum DX2E Active with AVC
  • Spektrum Speedometer Ready
  • Spektrum Dashboard Ready
  • Dynamite 130A Brushless ESC
  • Dynamite Fuze 4-Pole 3800 KV 550 Motor
  • Bottom Loading Battery
  • 2S and 3S Li-Po Compatible
  • Spektrum 9KG Waterproof Metal Gear Servo
  • 12mm Race Inspired Shocks
  • Fully Upgradeable
  • Maxxis Razr MT Tire
  • Spektrum FPV Camera Mount Included

Specifications

  • Type: 1/10 4WD RTR Desert Buggy
  • Length: 21.1in (535mm)
  • Width: 11.7in (297mm)
  • Ground Clearance: 1.5 in (38.1mm)
  • Wheelbase: 13.1 in (332.7mm)
  • Track: 11.5 in (292.1mm)
  • Chassis: 5mm Composite
  • Weight: 6.0 lb (2.7kg)
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
  • Suspension: Independent
  • Tire Diameter: 4.65" (118mm)
  • Tire Tread: All-Terrain
  • Shock Type: Oil-Filled/Coil-Over Spring
  • Motor: 550 4 pole 3800Kv

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and more info check out the site.

Thread Tools
Apr 28, 2018, 08:10 AM
Registered User
Nice looking buggy
Apr 30, 2018, 01:51 PM
Born again RC'er
I was wondering how long it would take them to give the SCBE the Tenacity treatment. Hopefully, it has the same body shell, I really liked the SCBE body. The SCBE was on my WANT list, and while, yeah, plastic chassis, I don't see anything here that makes me not want it still... LOL
Apr 30, 2018, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Really Liking this buggy A lot !, This Would be my first Losi Product, I Would be going from a Redcat Tornando EPX Pro to this ...Redcat seems to be abit too fragile, but its fast..I wonder how this would compare as far as speed and durability ? Any thoughts ??
Apr 30, 2018, 08:54 PM
The Mad Titan
DC1138's Avatar
I purchased a Tenacity MT and promptly got rid of it. The motor burned out on the first run (2S pack), maybe due to the fact that the ESC was programmed from the factory to about 15 degrees (should be closer to 5 or zero). Even after replacing the motor, I was only getting 6-8 minutes out of a 5200 pack. The shocks are a known weak spot (be prepared to spend $20 per set of aluminum shock caps to upgrade) and the front and rear braces are weak and can snap with a bad landing. Other than that, it was great, LOL.

Maybe I got unlucky or got a lemon, but I'll never touch another Losi product again.
May 19, 2018, 03:12 PM
Yen
Yen
Registered User
Was the prior version ten-scbe popular?

I don't see much forum talk out there on it, even on other sites (unless I missed it). All I gathered was the motor runs hot if running 3s so best to gear down on 3s and could run a fan on the motor/esc. Appears to be fairly stout for bashing.

Since it's based off of the ten-scte short course truck which is a lot more popular, have to go read up on that to get an idea of how this desert buggy is.

Looks like the new one is priced at $400 from msrp of $440 whereas the old one was priced at $450 from an msrp of 580.

New one has plastic chassis and some other plastic components like turnbuckles & steering linkages, whereas the old one was aluminum/metal. New one also has a light bar which is nice. Appears same electronics as the old one I think.

I started to like the look of these desert buggies and will be in the market for one to bash with.

For a new release, there doesn't seem to be too much hype.
Aug 31, 2018, 08:40 PM
Registered User
rikks's Avatar
Lol

I'm too stubborn I guess. Still have my Tenacity MT.

Same exact thing. Smoked the motor straight away.

I'm gonna drop a 1:8 scale motor and 150 amp esc and run four cells.

The battery compartment is a fail in my opinion too. What a crack up. You still have to pull the body (or shove your hands inside) to connect up.

I'm gonna chop the inside of the batt holder so I can drop the pack in and hold it with two Velcro straps.

Really beefy for a 1/10,

Fun project. It'll be great.
Dec 26, 2018, 04:57 PM
Registered User

2 out of 5 stars


i purchased the losi tenacity db in October and i have had nothing but problems with it, i have owned it for 2 months now and it has been down more than it has been driving. i have had to replace the centre diff once already and i have to do it again. i would buy something a little better. if i were to rate it out of 5 stars i would rate it a 2. the quality is not as great as most $500 rc's.
Dec 27, 2018, 04:18 AM
Registered User
axhole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
I purchased a Tenacity MT and promptly got rid of it. The motor burned out on the first run (2S pack), maybe due to the fact that the ESC was programmed from the factory to about 15 degrees (should be closer to 5 or zero). Even after replacing the motor, I was only getting 6-8 minutes out of a 5200 pack. The shocks are a known weak spot (be prepared to spend $20 per set of aluminum shock caps to upgrade) and the front and rear braces are weak and can snap with a bad landing. Other than that, it was great, LOL.

Maybe I got unlucky or got a lemon, but I'll never touch another Losi product again.
I bought a Tenacity MT for $250 for the X-mas blowout special and love it. I ordered the aluminum shock caps for it (which is something you'll want to do on most MTs), changed the shock oil to 50w back, 60w front. changed the diff oil and added extra spider gears and changed the pinion to 11t and adjusted the pinion mesh (was too tight from the factory). Have about $310 invested in her while being leaps and bounds better than the Arrma Granite at about the same price.

I run 3s, 5200mah, 50c. Long runs on these batteries. Sounds like you didn't go through your truck before driving it. RTR = Ready to Rebuild.

I have the Tekno MT410 already. I think my next truck will be the Pro Line PRO-MT. Those trucks are the epitome of needing a compete rebuild out of the box...that's exactly my style of truck. Lol.
Dec 27, 2018, 03:53 PM
The Mad Titan
DC1138's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axhole
I bought a Tenacity MT for $250 for the X-mas blowout special and love it. I ordered the aluminum shock caps for it (which is something you'll want to do on most MTs), changed the shock oil to 50w back, 60w front. changed the diff oil and added extra spider gears and changed the pinion to 11t and adjusted the pinion mesh (was too tight from the factory). Have about $310 invested in her while being leaps and bounds better than the Arrma Granite at about the same price.

I run 3s, 5200mah, 50c. Long runs on these batteries. Sounds like you didn't go through your truck before driving it. RTR = Ready to Rebuild.

I have the Tekno MT410 already. I think my next truck will be the Pro Line PRO-MT. Those trucks are the epitome of needing a compete rebuild out of the box...that's exactly my style of truck. Lol.
I'll bet you if we did a head on head collision between your Tenacity and my Granite MEGA, your front end would fall off and I'd break a bumper. There's a reason they had to drop them to $250 to sell and a reason they're all on sale this month.

And while I DO go through my RTRs before driving, I don't expect to have to upgrade them out of the box to be functional.
Dec 27, 2018, 05:50 PM
Registered User
axhole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
I'll bet you if we did a head on head collision between your Tenacity and my Granite MEGA, your front end would fall off and I'd break a bumper. There's a reason they had to drop them to $250 to sell and a reason they're all on sale this month.

And while I DO go through my RTRs before driving, I don't expect to have to upgrade them out of the box to be functional.
The shocks on the Granite are terrrrrrrrible. While they are basically 'toy grade' functional out of the box; not basher ready to my standards. The best upgrade for the Granite is $100 Tekno EB48.4 shocks. It also needs a mod done to the slipper cover because it pulls in dust and burns up the bearings and the slippers ridiculously quickly, and Arrma cheaped out by putting in unsealed bearings in the truck.... so it needs a mod + upgraded to rubber sealed bearings out of the box.

You can fix the Tenacity shock problem with 1 drop of super glue to make it bullet-proof. I chose the aluminum shock caps because I wanted to be cool... and because they are cheap. The stock Losi shocks are pretty amazing stock. I simply changed the shock oil to my personal preference (60w front/50w rear).

AS for head-to-head collision. Lol. I don't think so. RCDriver_Online destroyed his Granite's front end with an awkward jump, and busted off the wheelie bar on like his first 5 jumps. I'm not blaming the truck since he was bashing in the cold. Yet I never broke my Losi in the cold, nor have I've seen any YT videos of people breaking theirs on big ass 20'+ jumps in the cold; but this truck does have metal driveshafts, outdrives, cvc, and axles opposed to plastic stuff like the Granite.

To me, dollar-for-dollar, the Losi Tenacity is the superior truck with minimal work out of the box - has better tires, shocks and servo (7kg vs 9kg) / electronics to the Granite. The Granite to me is a beginners toy (fractionally above toy grade) for kids just starting out who don't have the interest in making the truck perform better. Rich Duperbash had to drop some significant upgrades to make his Granite perform to an experienced RCer standards.

If I'm buying an Arrma MT, I'm paying $500 for the Outcast so it'll perform to my liking without costly upgrades like the Granite needs. Outcast has better tires, suspension, better drive train (not plastic like Granite), better electronics and just an all-around better truck; also not for noobs which is what the Granite is marketing towards.

I do agree the Losi Tenacity MT @ $400 is too expensive. $350 is what it should be listed at imho for what you get. And at $250, that's just robbery. I have over $800 invested in my Tekno MT410, yet I always find myself taking the Losi out to beat on... and have broke nothing to date; I ordered more diff oil to try different weights. I have it set up now to keep the front wheels on the ground. Out of the box it wanted to wheelie too much, which is cool but not fun for speed runs.
Dec 27, 2018, 07:13 PM
Born again RC'er
First, you say the Granite shocks are toy grade, and need to be swapped with $100 Teknos, then you say the pop-a-top Losi shocks are fine? LOLOLOL... For those that don't know, the Granite shocks solved this issue with a bottom load design. Yes, mine leaked to of the box, but a quick rebuild with green slime, and they have been golden since. I do wish the springs were stronger, but that is mostly because I have a heavy 1/8 motor and ESC and heavy 4s packs in my Granite.

If you want to get into a "mine is better", that is fine, but try to pick a part of your Losi that is not one of the #1 things I see people complaining about on line.
Dec 27, 2018, 07:40 PM
Registered User
axhole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
First, you say the Granite shocks are toy grade, and need to be swapped with $100 Teknos, then you say the pop-a-top Losi shocks are fine? LOLOLOL... For those that don't know, the Granite shocks solved this issue with a bottom load design. Yes, mine leaked to of the box, but a quick rebuild with green slime, and they have been golden since. I do wish the springs were stronger, but that is mostly because I have a heavy 1/8 motor and ESC and heavy 4s packs in my Granite.

If you want to get into a "mine is better", that is fine, but try to pick a part of your Losi that is not one of the #1 things I see people complaining about on line.
People who complain don't know how to do simple preventative maintenance, which costs less than .02 cents and 8 seconds of their life. I've been into on and off RCing since 1986 and my first RC was a Tamiya Frog, and from 2004 to 2008 I was kitting out RTR out of my house (I'd buy brand new RTR RCs at discount prices, tore them apart to re-sell each part cheap for nice profits). I've yet to see any RC that doesn't have some type of bug out of the box, whether it be a kit or RTR. If the fix is a 0.02 cents dab of super-glue and 8 seconds to fix, then that is probably one of the simplest solutions to any RC I've ever seen. Much cheaper and easier than your Granite "green slime" fix.

If a cap popping off is a deal breaker for you, then you probably shouldn't be in this hobby. Because much, much worse things do happen no matter the manufacture.
Last edited by axhole; Dec 27, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
Dec 27, 2018, 08:31 PM
The Mad Titan
DC1138's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axhole
People who complain don't know how to do simple preventative maintenance, which costs less than .02 cents and 8 seconds of their life. I've been into on and off RCing since 1986 and my first RC was a Tamiya Frog, and from 2004 to 2008 I was kitting out RTR out of my house (I'd buy brand new RTR RCs at discount prices, tore them apart to re-sell each part cheap for nice profits). I've yet to see any RC that doesn't have some type of bug out of the box, whether it be a kit or RTR. If the fix is a 0.02 cents dab of super-glue and 8 seconds to fix, then that is probably one of the simplest solutions to any RC I've ever seen. Much cheaper and easier than your Granite "green slime" fix.

If a cap popping off is a deal breaker for you, then you probably shouldn't be in this hobby. Because much, much worse things do happen no matter the manufacture.
LOL!!! Ewwwww, you started with Tamiya kits in 1986!!! Most of us did, doesn't change the crap quality of the Losi and that they need to discount it, HEAVILY, to try and sell them.
Dec 27, 2018, 09:16 PM
Registered User
axhole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
LOL!!! Ewwwww, you started with Tamiya kits in 1986!!! Most of us did, doesn't change the crap quality of the Losi and that they need to discount it, HEAVILY, to try and sell them.
Speaking of crap quality, did Arrma ever get around to fixing the fire issues? Not only epitome of crap, but a HUGE safety issue on an RC marketed towards kids and newcomers.

It is interesting Losi has a Christmas sale = crap (yet never burned down a house; but instead a shock cap might have popped off, ohhh the horror!). But when DHK Zombie runs a Christmas discount, it's "nice of them". Interesting how that works. Yet neither of those trucks caught on fire that I know of.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review HBX 12891 1/12 2.4G RTR 4WD Waterproof Desert Truck Off-Road Buggy with LED Lights DominicM Off-road Cars 0 Aug 23, 2017 03:29 AM
News ECX 1/24 Roost 4WD Desert Buggy RTR Matt Gunn Micro Cars 11 Dec 09, 2016 09:32 PM
Discussion FS 1/10 2.4GH 4WD RC Desert Buggy RCflyying Off-road Cars 1 Apr 19, 2016 04:06 AM
Mini-Review Yikong Desert Buggy E18DB 1/18 4wd RTR Review fastmax Micro Cars 25 Apr 01, 2016 03:31 PM
Discussion TEN Rally-X RTR: 1/10 4WD Rally by LOSI & AVC SRS4200 by SPEKTRUM valiantGLX Off-road Cars 23 Feb 20, 2016 03:00 PM