Apr 27, 2018, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

X6B Receiver - Does it work with fixed wing airplane ?

I am thinking about getting Flysky FS-i6X radio from Banggood and will be using it with fixed wing airplanes.

Does the Flysky X6B Receiver works with fixed wing airplanes?

I only need 4 channels.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2018, 06:50 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
You can connect it PPM, iBus and PWM. For controlling servos etc, without a flight controller, I suppose PWM is the best option. Just connect signal wires 1-4 to the servos and the speed controller, if it's an electric plane, and power the servos directly from battery or BEC, so their current draw won't kill the receiver.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Apr 08, 2019, 10:20 AM
Hello,

I am in the same situation as the OP but I dont understand exactly what you mean.
Usually the servos are directly connected to the receiver - so what do I need to do different?
Why would the servos kill the receiver?

With kind regards
Apr 08, 2019, 02:30 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salus
Hello,

I am in the same situation as the OP but I dont understand exactly what you mean.
Usually the servos are directly connected to the receiver - so what do I need to do different?
Why would the servos kill the receiver?

With kind regards

Receivers that allow to directly connect the servos are generally bigger, with wider traces, to allow more current to flow. The X6B isn't that big, and doesn't seem to be intended to power a larger number of servos, especially some bigger ones. If too much current is forced to flow through the tiny circuit board of the X6B. it might get damagea. Which is why I suggested to connect the servos directly to a power source, and only connect the signal wire for each receiver's PWM channel to the servos. Since you will have to be creative with wiring anyway, since the receiver doesn't have servo connectors.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply