Apr 26, 2018, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mini Apprentice Set up

Iíve got everything set up and it flyís great. Butó when I switch from beginner mode to intermediate the plane immediately dives. The CG seems correct and the elevator is trimmed level. Is this normal? All is done at half throttle.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2018, 08:23 PM
In beginner mode the self leveling feature will keep the plane flying. You need to do a couple things. First make sure your cg is set correct. The factory settings are great. Now try again. If still diving, then you need to manually adjust the elevator linkage until it doesn't dive in intermediate or advanced modes. Go high and test. If it does then bring it back down, adjust the elevator up a couple turns and try again
Apr 26, 2018, 09:00 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Screenshot from the manual ↓ .
Apr 27, 2018, 12:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by putput
In beginner mode the self leveling feature will keep the plane flying. You need to do a couple things. First make sure your cg is set correct. The factory settings are great. Now try again. If still diving, then you need to manually adjust the elevator linkage until it doesn't dive in intermediate or advanced modes. Go high and test. If it does then bring it back down, adjust the elevator up a couple turns and try again
If I correct and adjust to fly level in experience mode will it still fly level in safe mode like it does now?
Apr 27, 2018, 12:52 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbarn
If I correct and adjust to fly level in experience mode will it still fly level in safe mode like it does now?
With the transmitter on , the battery plugged in , and the SAFE set to experienced mode ..... adjust all the control surfaces so they're centered . Make the adjustments by turning the clevises to change the length of the linkages ( as shown in the manual's screenshot above ) .

Then when you fly in beginner mode the plane will fly level , and when you switch to intermediate or experienced mode the plane will still fly level .
Apr 27, 2018, 07:49 AM
Perpetual Noob
To get an idea of how much you need to adjust the clevises, use the trim adjustment to align the elevator to the stabilizer. The amount of change in the servo arm from center will show how much the clevis needs to lengthen or shorten the control rod. The same procedure can be used to adjust the rudder/nose gear.
Apr 27, 2018, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the quick replies. Now need a calm day to do some adjusting.

Quick Reply