Apr 26, 2018, 06:48 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Discussion

How do we get this mass produced ???

Vought F4U Corsair – 3DLabPrint
https://3dlabprint.com › shop › vought-f...
Since the real-life Corsair is a huge beast, even our model's wingspan is 1.9 meters, but don't worry, as you're used to with our models, it's still printable on standard sized desktop 3D printer! 11 channel controls ...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2018, 07:05 PM
no catchy phrase
I really gotta stop reading your posts about Corsairs! The Spit looked pretty nice as well. For a plane that size it's a pretty good way to go if you can paint and add electronics.
Apr 26, 2018, 07:24 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Lol I know I know I have to build my foam one lol !!!
The spitty looks great , dont you wish we could mass produce them !
Apr 26, 2018, 08:16 PM
no catchy phrase
Oh yeah!!!!!!!! They would be a nice addition to any hanger!!!!!
Apr 26, 2018, 08:33 PM
I have the Spit in my stash----looking forward to building a plastic warbird kit again like I did in my early days before my teens :-)

Mike
May 01, 2018, 09:51 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Mike , did you print the Spitt on your own or get it from a 3D servace ?
I spoke to a guy today that want to print these Giant Corsairs as kits , I am hoping we can make this a reality.
May 01, 2018, 11:44 PM
no catchy phrase
Ldm what would the price point be to get them printed?
May 02, 2018, 02:10 AM
Lou
I purchase mine all printed, there is a guy here in Aus who sells them on an RC trader, he has also been advertising the new Corsair that you can purchase all printed, I paid about $130 US for the Spit plus freight, the box is not that big so low shipping cost

Mike
May 02, 2018, 05:07 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Mike that is awesome !!
Do you have link , I may see if he will ship to the USA ?
My guy is local and may try to start a business ,he seems very eager to try the process
May 02, 2018, 05:29 AM
Lou

PM sent

Mike
May 02, 2018, 05:35 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Thanks my friend !! I just noticed this plane is also the subject of discussion in the Hobby King P40 thread , Aussie Hoppy posted its flight video.
May 02, 2018, 03:52 PM
no catchy phrase
Lou, would they he made out of foam or the plastic???? Material from the video? I have to admit the more vids I watch the more I seriously want one the wing span is pretty appealing to me.
May 02, 2018, 04:01 PM
Ken Stuhr

Hi Ldm

Better think about your wishes and being careful about them. May not like the 'economies of scale' and the compromises made to capture same. Maybe the best is to seek out individuals who would like to produce on a limited basis and keep the quality up. Maybe the Aussie fellow or someone here in the States--must be someone!! I want one too but have just been severely disappointed with the mass-produced P-61!!!
May 02, 2018, 07:42 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
HI Flyboy , I am reaching out to Mikes guys and a local 3D printer business that is definitely interested .
I am not concerned about the term mass produced but at this time it would definitely be a small business project for a 3D entrepreneur.
May 03, 2018, 05:52 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Sorry RC PLane noobe I forgot to answer your question. The plane is made out of the plastic material used in a 3D printer.
My USA contact is so well versed he is picking the material that is durable, most forgiving in assembly and he felt the selection used by 3D lab is the best material for this project .

Quick Reply