Apr 26, 2018, 09:13 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP

E-flite UMX Gee Bee R-2 BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE

!New Gee Bee Anyone Can Fly

Nearly everyone loves a Gee Bee, hard as they are to fly, but that is no longer a concern with the new version of Horizon Hobby's UMX Gee Bee R2. This new version has more power and more tech inside to make it easy for nearly any pilot to fly.

That's right, it's now easier for you to fly a Gee Bee with AS3X and SAFE systems keeping the plane stable and smooth in the air. The scale details look great for such a tiny model and the included brushless power system provides more speed than the older model.

These are on sale for pre-order right now with expected delivery dates set for Mid June. You can pick up the BNF for $129.

!!Check out the new UMX Gee Bee R2 Here

!!Specifications:

• Wingspan: 20.1 in (510mm)
  • Length: 13.9 in (352mm)
  • Flying Weight: 3.7oz (105g)
  • Motor Size: 180-size 3600Kv brushless outrunner
  • Recommended Battery: 200-280mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po flight battery (Sold Separately)

@1.jpeg
@2.jpeg

@3.jpeg
@4.jpeg
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2018, 10:27 AM
Hasn't this been around for a few years? - or maybe that was a 1S brushed version.
Apr 26, 2018, 10:46 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
It's a new version as noted in the article above.
Apr 26, 2018, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
It's a new version as noted in the article above.
Great little flyer.....Jason did u try to Hover it yet.....hahaha
Apr 26, 2018, 01:26 PM
Totally!!
Yes, my old one needs a new wing!! The old ine was an awesome flyer!!!
Apr 26, 2018, 11:47 PM
FPV Lawnmower
this is such an eye catching plane and fun to fly - beautiful in flight and sporty but also delicate - the wing struts are functional, keep them securely glued at the wheel pants or you might fold the wings mid loop - ask me how I know ;-)

the best thing about these re-releases is that I wont hold back anymore when I take it out since parts will be available again
Last edited by Fluxone; Apr 26, 2018 at 11:54 PM.
Apr 27, 2018, 06:55 AM
Totally!!
Yes, very functional struts. I did the same thing with my geebee. That is the weak spot on these the main wing...
Apr 27, 2018, 08:19 AM
I Fly in Colorado too!
Got to have this one. Putting in my order at my LHS. The only other UMX I have is the Pitts. Love that plane. I am on my third one and will always have one.

I suspect that the Gee Bee will be as much or more fun than the Pitts.

Can't wait.

Archie
Apr 27, 2018, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxone
this is such an eye catching plane and fun to fly - beautiful in flight and sporty but also delicate - the wing struts are functional, keep them securely glued at the wheel pants or you might fold the wings mid loop - ask me how I know ;-)

the best thing about these re-releases is that I wont hold back anymore when I take it out since parts will be available again
I too broke a strut. Obviously living in the UK, reasonably prices and readily available spares were out of the question. Will it be the same story again this time I wonder?

Meanwhile, as evidenced in here many times, someone in the States can pound their plane into the dirt on its maidan, grizzle to HH and get sent a brand new one free of charge.
Apr 28, 2018, 07:09 AM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺
Too bad CS went downhill since before the move of the headquarters from Elmshorn to Barsbüttel. My last E-mail to solve the dispute after 2 years wasn't even answered, Maybe this one is beautiful but it can't tempt me enough.
Apr 28, 2018, 12:18 PM
Crazy Canuck
WOW ! Hi Jason, so there's a newer version of this neat little bird. Well I still have the original one and still flying it around. I had Pete "mtflyr" do a totally repaint job and he knocked it out of the park look. Details are great. I may need to get the new one
Apr 28, 2018, 09:11 PM
This the coolest little airplane. I've never been interested in the UMX planes, but this one is the exception for sure. I'm a Gee Bee fan through and through, and seeing this rerelease is like Christmas all over again
Apr 29, 2018, 12:02 AM
Ok so how much are the really changing on this from the old one besides it being brushless
Apr 29, 2018, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffharris1
Ok so how much are the really changing on this from the old one besides it being brushless
The old one was brushless too.
Apr 29, 2018, 06:35 AM
Way to much free time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffharris1
Appears to be a motor RPM bump from 3000kv to 3600kv, and the circuit board will now include SAFE. The remaining appears the same, so far.

Quick Reply