Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Fatshark Dominator HDO OLED FPV Goggles

Fatshark has the first FPV Goggles to use OLED screens and its called the Dominator HDO OLED FPV Goggle. These things offer a killer view with vivid colors and high contrast ratios to make the FPV experience that much better.

Splash

First OLED FPV Goggles

Fatshark has the first FPV Goggles to use OLED screens and its called the Dominator HDO OLED FPV Goggle. These things offer a killer view with vivid colors and high contrast ratios to make the FPV experience that much better. Combined with Fatsharks optics, this set of goggles yields a sharp crisp image corner to corner. They've also included a higher-power module bay for adding your next-gen receiver modules. The goggles look similar to other Fatshark goggles with a similar button layout so you'll feel right at home with them from day one.

ReadyMadeRC has them in stock right now for $499 with no module and you can add a module to the order if you need one. RMRC is touting some extras for ordering with them including free shipping, a free Strix Goggle strap and discounted module options. Check their site for more details.

Specifications:

• Resolution: 960 x 720
  • Field of View: 37
  • Image Aspect Ratio: 4:3
  • IPD: 59 69mm
  • Weight: 186g
  • Supports HDMI-in @ 1080P

Apr 25, 2018, 12:08 PM
fly by night
Split feedback from the community on these. However everyone who has used them likes them.

I have been flyng with a set of the HDO for 2 weeks now. Best goggles I've used. But I never had an opportunity to use the HD2 nor HD3. I feel the brightness, contrast m the vividness and clarity make them a winner. They are replacing my 6 years old Dominator V1 .. so uh yeah a big step up for me.

bright high contrast video is very nice. But if you know someone with these goggles, you really have to experience it for yourself to know if it's for you, despite the 37 degree FOV being less than the HD2, HD3, the new Commander V2 and the new Skyzone v03 (all over 42 degrees+ FOV). But that also means these goggles fit a wider range of users IPD than the HD2 or HD3

Other big change is the more robust power to the RF module. There have been issues in older Fatshark models using modern high power diversity modules. Those risks are put to rest on this model.
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Apr 25, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
Apr 25, 2018, 12:24 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Wow..only $499.99
That is a steal, i hope they don't run out of stock dude!
I'm gonna buy 3 just in case
Last edited by rclab1; Apr 25, 2018 at 12:55 PM.
Apr 25, 2018, 12:29 PM
fly by night
isn't that what the HD2 and HD3 cost when they came out? Very recent that they dropped the price on the HD3 to $400, and reduced the package contents
Apr 25, 2018, 04:57 PM
s1m
s1m
37 degrees FOV?

Seriously?

FOV made me avoid HD3 after trying them, sticking to HD2s.

Should I now wait for HDO2s?
Apr 27, 2018, 03:16 PM
KF6HLN
May I ask why 4:3? Or will there be a 16:9 version available? Loooooooove the reviews I've seen, but have always preferred 16:9.

That's just me, I know that will be purely an opinion thing and I'm okay with that!
Apr 27, 2018, 03:39 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCee
May I ask why 4:3? Or will there be a 16:9 version available? Loooooooove the reviews I've seen, but have always preferred 16:9.

That's just me, I know that will be purely an opinion thing and I'm okay with that!
4:3 gives the pilot a wider vertical view. For those of us doing aerobatics, freestyle, and racing, that vertical FOV is important, and thuus 4:3 is more popular.

Also almost all FPV cameras put out a 4:3 view. There are only a handful that do 16x9 at this time. I agree 16x9 is great for slow&level flying fixed wings and AP purposes. It is a bit disappointing the Fatshark could not have included switchable image tech, instead analog 16x9 gets squeezed and digital 16x9 gets cropped
Apr 27, 2018, 08:54 PM
Since the display is 4:3 displaying 16:9 would crop the bottom and top. Or distort the image.
May 03, 2018, 03:42 PM
Correction: the Zeiss Cinemizer goggles had OLED screens as well. Kind of arrogant of Fatshark to make the false claim of being the first to implement OLED technology in goggles.
May 03, 2018, 04:07 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTfan
Correction: the Zeiss Cinemizer goggles had OLED screens as well. Kind of arrogant of Fatshark to make the false claim of being the first to implement OLED technology in goggles.

Habahahahaha (true)!.

p.s.
I'm the very first to implement laughter on one
post (false)!
May 04, 2018, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTfan
I guess that's why they claim to have made the first FPV OLED headset... as far as I know the Cinemizers haven't been designed with FPV in mind and requires external tweaks to fly with.
May 07, 2018, 09:12 PM
s1m
s1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
I guess that's why they claim to have made the first FPV OLED headset... as far as I know the Cinemizers haven't been designed with FPV in mind and requires external tweaks to fly with.
Cinemizers only need an external video receiver and HDMI input. Lacking the receiver is what makes FS claim they are first.
May 07, 2018, 10:41 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1m
Cinemizers only need an external video receiver and HDMI input. Lacking the receiver is what makes FS claim they are first.
oh this is not true at all!

Fatsharks come with a whole host of features that Cinemizers lack, which FPVers need and prefer
- Like integrated headtracking (with hard button to operate modes/center)
- integrated channel selection
- more appropriate native 4:3 video suited to 99% of FPV aircraft still,
- wider FOV options: Cinemizers are very narrow like 30 degree 16x9, which is like 25 degrees in 4:3!! making it the smallest FOV of almost any goggle
- cooling fan to prevent fogging,
- ski-goggle style faceplate
- 18650 battery option, with charge level and beeper

oh and the Cinemizers are still like $800 a set.

just not very useful for FPV, compared to any Fatshark, Aomway, Skyzone, etc imho
May 08, 2018, 02:29 PM
It revolves around your definition of "FPV goggles".
Generally that term implies a self contained unit (no extra dongles required for power/control/input)
with at least native analog input capability if not also a built in or add-on Rx module.
May 15, 2018, 01:50 PM
Agree, best goggles ever. Sold my HD3's. I bought an AC V2 but it will just be a backup or Ebay.

Quick Reply