May 16, 2018, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzzbx
Besides the 720p qualities of the footage the wifi feature might interfere with your RC receiver on 2.4GHz as well...
Wifi in cameras is used for set-up, going thru the menu, downloading pix or vids and checking what's in view; anyway, it's never intented to be flown with.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2018, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Wifi in cameras is used for set-up, going thru the menu, downloading pix or vids and checking what's in view; anyway, it's never intented to be flown with.
But is it broadcasting or pinging while powered on, announcing to the world that it's got wifi and it's ready to connect? I don't want it interfering with my Rx. If it just passively listens, or you can completely turn it off, that's fine too.

So do any real people have one in hand for a review?
May 17, 2018, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
But is it broadcasting or pinging while powered on, announcing to the world that it's got wifi and it's ready to connect? I don't want it interfering with my Rx. If it just passively listens, or you can completely turn it off, that's fine too.

So do any real people have one in hand for a review?
I hope we'll be able to switch the wifi off; to prevent interference but also to safe battery power when it isn't needed.

So far the SQ13 release date has been pushed back a couple of times already; still haven't heard the one I ordered has been send out yet.
May 17, 2018, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I hope we'll be able to switch the wifi off; to prevent interference but also to safe battery power when it isn't needed.

So far the SQ13 release date has been pushed back a couple of times already; still haven't heard the one I ordered has been send out yet.
Yes, if it is possible to switch off the wifi module with a button it should not be much of a problem. For config and data download it is of course very convenient to have such a feature.
May 18, 2018, 09:14 AM
I went ahead and pre-ordered one a while ago to use for my smaller quads. I didn't realize it was so much larger than the SQ12. Oh well. If this one is a flop, what do y'all suggest as an alternative? Have people had good experiences with those cheap(er) action cams you can find in Amazon that supposedly shoot in 4k?
May 18, 2018, 11:13 AM
I didn't realize it was a different size at all.

SQ12: Product size (L x W x H): 2.20 x 2.24 x 2.20 cm / 0.87 x 0.88 x 0.87 inches

SQ13: Product size (L x W x H): 3.00 x 2.80 x 2.50 cm / 1.18 x 1.1 x 0.98 inches
May 28, 2018, 05:58 PM
Finally got word that mine was shipped
May 28, 2018, 06:35 PM
So which one is better SQ12 or SQ13?
What would you say also between SQ11 & SQ12?
Is it worth to pay more for SQ12/SQ13?
May 28, 2018, 06:36 PM
(deleted)
Last edited by xeros; May 28, 2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: trying to delete double posted message
May 28, 2018, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeros
So which one is better SQ12 or SQ13?
What would you say also between SQ11 & SQ12?
Is it worth to pay more for SQ12/SQ13?
No one has the SQ13 yet, so it's impossible to answer your first question. On paper, the SQ13 is better. We'll have to see if it actually performs that way.

The SQ11 isn't worth buying at all. It overheats and has way too narrow of a field of view to be of any use. The SQ12 is a much improved SQ11, and I don't even think it costs any more. It's like 12 bucks on Gearbest.

It is definitely worth the small difference for the SQ12 over the SQ11. We can tell you soon enough if the SQ13 is worth buying over the SQ12. I should be getting mine on Wednesday
May 29, 2018, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMars
No one has the SQ13 yet, so it's impossible to answer your first question. On paper, the SQ13 is better. We'll have to see if it actually performs that way.

The SQ11 isn't worth buying at all. It overheats and has way too narrow of a field of view to be of any use. The SQ12 is a much improved SQ11, and I don't even think it costs any more. It's like 12 bucks on Gearbest.

It is definitely worth the small difference for the SQ12 over the SQ11. We can tell you soon enough if the SQ13 is worth buying over the SQ12. I should be getting mine on Wednesday
Thanks! Looking forward for your review :-)
May 31, 2018, 02:50 PM
Well whats the verdict? It's on sale for 12 more hours. I can't find any reviews.
May 31, 2018, 03:48 PM
I just received mine today, literally 1 hour ago. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll try to get a flight video uploaded tomorrow, but unfortunately I won't have time to test it out today.

However, I can say that the manual says M-JPEG codec, and not H.264, so that's one blow already to the camera. I'll make sure to check it when I actually record something, though.
Jun 02, 2018, 01:55 PM
any updates really looking for a review of this little cam
Jun 03, 2018, 04:32 AM
Mine is still in its way from China. I'm eager to try it out.

Quick Reply