SQ13 Micro HD camera - Real micro 1080p camera? - RC Groups
Apr 24, 2018, 09:32 PM
Discussion

SQ13 Micro HD camera - Real micro 1080p camera?

The SQ13 camera was just posted to Gearbest. It's the successor in the SQ family of cameras. I'm oddly draw to these, because I keep hoping they'll be good.

However, the SQ13 is slightly more exciting. The SD card slot and USB plug are different from previous models, which means this is an entirely new camera. The SQ12 was just the SQ11 with a better lens, but it looks like the SQ13 is all new. Gearbest also has the processor listed on the site, though I can't find much information about it, which also suggests new hardware in this camera.

The listing states that the camera records in H.264 sooo. . . fingers crossed. It also says it has wifi, so perhaps the feature list is a little ambitious.

I have one coming, hopefully Gearbest ships it quickly, and I can share some sample footage in this thread.

Quelima SQ13 Mini HD 1080P

Brand: Quelima
Model: SQ13
Type: HD Car DVR Recorder
Chipset Name: Generalplus
Chipset: Generalplus GPCV4247

Max External Card Supported: TF 32G (not included)

Battery Type: Built-in
Battery Capacity (mAh): 300mAh Li-ion Battery
Charge way: USB charge by PC
Working Time: 90mins
Working Voltage: DC 5V

Wide Angle: 155 degree wide angle
Lens Size: 2.33mm
Camera Pixel : 3MP

Decode Format: H.264
Video format: AVC
Video Resolution: 1080P (1920 x 1080)
Video Frame Rate: 30fps
Image resolution: 4032 x 3024
Audio System: Built-in microphone/speacker (AAC)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2018, 02:02 AM
Was recently wondering when we would actually see a follow-up to the SQ12, so I guess: now

I really like these tiny little cameras. Sure they often don't exactly do what's promised (both SQ11 and SQ12 boost '1080p' which is just upscaled from 720p) but I can forgive them for that just because they're so cheap and do a pretty good job for the money imo. Of course there are better cameras out there, but those are often quite a bit more expensive and often (much) bigger/heavier.

But it would be very cool if this SQ13 would actually deliver genuine 1080p

Will surely check out the SQ13 *just ordered one*
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Apr 25, 2018 at 02:20 AM.
Apr 25, 2018, 05:29 AM
I know one camera with GeneralPlus 4247 sensor - it's Manta MM333.
It's advertised as 720p camera...
Apr 25, 2018, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
I know one camera with GeneralPlus 4247 sensor - it's Manta MM333.
It's advertised as 720p camera...
Guess we won't be seeing any genuine 1080p coming out of the SQ13 then
Apr 25, 2018, 09:57 AM
They got us again!

One thing to note is, the SQ12 had incorrect information listed when it was first posted. Specifically, the processor information was wrong. I remember because it also was listed with a different processor than the SQ11, but weeks after mine shipped, it was changed to be the same.

Considering the information for this camera also lists it as having wifi (which isn't mentioned in any of the photographs) it's possible that the Gearbest listing just has it wrong, possibly copied from another camera to make the page before they have all the information. Wouldn't be the first time.

Looking at the video from that Manta MM333, I can't imagine the manufacturer would take such a step backwards :P The SQ11 is better than that!

From the photos, the USB port looks like it's a microUSB port, so the camera is moving forward, tech wise. And, they list a more realistic 3mp sensor. Perhaps they're getting more honest in their product advertisement. One can only hope
Apr 25, 2018, 10:44 AM
Mmm, pre-sale price over on GearBest is now up to 24.61 ... it was 17.29 when I ordered mine earlier
Apr 25, 2018, 11:45 AM
Another good sign, maybe? Higher price suggests better components, but kinda pulls away the appeal of the cameras.

I wasn't even aware that was a special presale price, I'm not the biggest fan of Gearbests new layout. Thank goodness I ordered it and didn't deliberate.
Apr 25, 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMars
Another good sign, maybe? Higher price suggests better components, but kinda pulls away the appeal of the cameras.

I wasn't even aware that was a special presale price, I'm not the biggest fan of Gearbests new layout. Thank goodness I ordered it and didn't deliberate.
Doubt that the higher price indicates anything about components, more about GB increasing their profit
May 03, 2018, 11:33 AM
Gearbest just uploaded some new images on the product page. It looks like it actually has wifi and they're pushing the "real 1080p HD" in them.

They've also added dimensions, which puts the camera quite a bit larger than the SQ12. But i'm all for it if the thing is worth using :P
May 03, 2018, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMars
Gearbest just uploaded some new images on the product page. It looks like it actually has wifi and they're pushing the "real 1080p HD" in them.

They've also added dimensions, which puts the camera quite a bit larger than the SQ12. But i'm all for it if the thing is worth using :P
I do hope this time around they're right, and the camera is actually recording in genuine 1080p ... SQ11 didn't ... SQ12 didn't ... so hopefully three times a charm

I'm never that much into wifi, but it would be handy I guess to check camera placement and such. Would be very cool if you could actually use the wifi for camera settings
May 13, 2018, 04:44 AM
SQ13 camera now indeed also available in red (see video ^), but also in platinum color

https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_...ml?wid=1433363
May 13, 2018, 03:23 PM
Not recommend buying this until seen actual raw video. This thing looks like another 720p camera upscaled to 1080 and with framerate less than 30fps.
May 16, 2018, 04:56 AM
Just from the "promotion" video alone, the video quality looks poor. and out of focus Normally the video quality is even worse in real life once you receive and test the camera, so this doesn't look too promising.

I shall stick with my Mate808 for now.
May 16, 2018, 08:59 AM
Besides the 720p qualities of the footage the wifi feature might interfere with your RC receiver on 2.4GHz as well...

Quick Reply