RCG Place of the Month - Penn Ohio Radio Kontrol Society PORKS

This month's featured Place is the Penn Ohio Radio Kontrol Society or PORKS for short. This Place is located in Pulaski, Pennsylvania.

Splash

RCGroups April Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Penn Ohio Radio Kontrol Society or PORKS for short. This Place is located in Pulaski, Pennsylvania. It's one of our newest places just recently added to the list and it sounds like a fun site. They are a multi interest group with folks flying planes, drones, gliders, helis and they even run RC trucks on an outdoor track. The facility looks well kept and should be a good time to visit or join.

Check out the Penn Ohio Radio Kontrol Society PORKS Places Page

Apr 25, 2018, 03:39 PM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
Hi,
I was a PORKS member 1980-1983. Back them they flew at the park across from New Castle PA airport.
Everyone was so cool to me back then and helped me learn to fly. I will always miss those days (but not the PA weather).
Small clubs are the best for making friends.
Good luck Guys!
Apr 27, 2018, 04:06 AM
resU deretsigeR
Getting close to home........15 minutes away, only been there once, nice place.
Latest blog entry: My TR-260 second flight.
May 08, 2018, 03:06 PM
Tailspin
I grew up in New Castle but belonged to the "Flight Kings" back then (left in 1963). I still go back once a year to see my sister and now that I know this field is there may bring a plane with me next trip.

Love the country side for sure.
May 08, 2018, 03:09 PM
Tailspin
LDGills, My sister has a vacation home in Grove City and my Nice lives close also.
May 08, 2018, 03:27 PM
resU deretsigeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiafret
LDGills, My sister has a vacation home in Grove City and my Nice lives close also.
Stop by when your in the area!
May 10, 2018, 08:31 AM
Dazed and Confused
Wow! I always check out the "Place of the Month" threads, and almost fell out of my chair when I saw New Castle PA".

I grew up in New Castle, and left when I graduated from high school in 1974. My father flew in a club that was based somewhere
out in Volant, if I remember correctly. It would have been around 1968, and I think it was on someone's farmland. I just remember
he and my uncle, his brother would always make a pit stop at the Croton Café for a beverage on the way home. He'd let me fly his
Royal Coachman when it was in the air, but never his beloved Sportmaster. Funny, I can remember details of those days, but can
barely remember what I had for dinner yesterday... . Does anyone remember the Riley's Fun Spot driving range and batting cages?
Spent a lot of time in those cages when I was playing ball in high school, and the North County league.

I have not been to New Castle in several years, but do visit Mars (Cranberry Township) where my sister and one of my brothers
currently live. Next time I make it back there, I'll have to take a ride to Pulaski and check out the flying.

Thanks for the memories. And I don't miss the weather either!!!
:cheers:
May 11, 2018, 10:48 AM
I go by here all the time on my way from New Castle to Sharon. I've never seen it open or anyone there. I'm glad it is an active club. There are quite a few nice flying clubs around the area and in Beaver County.
May 13, 2018, 12:13 PM
resU deretsigeR
Ive stopped in a few times, nice people. My biggest problem is kinda 2 fold.....first, I have my own flying field in my back yard. Second, I have a nasty dislike of the AMA anymore. So, keeps me all alone on my airfield
May 21, 2018, 10:02 PM
Must be nice to have your own airport . I live in the city and its hard to find a place for us local park flyers to fly unless you join a club put out some $$. I
I could sell my house in Southern California and move out of atate. Where I could have my own airport.
May 21, 2018, 10:28 PM
resU deretsigeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcartie
Must be nice to have your own airport . I live in the city and its hard to find a place for us local park flyers to fly unless you join a club put out some $$. I
I could sell my house in Southern California and move out of atate. Where I could have my own airport.
I can not lie, it is GREAT!
I have an old house to the right, that is my snowmobile/rc house. Fly allot of FPV from here.
FPV flying, made it to my mom and dads house. (14 min 32 sec)

Quick Reply