This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2018, 11:05 PM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

The Old Trainer

Around 97-98, I bought an RTF from the local HobbyTown. I wanted it as a trainer for my boys, who were bracketing 10 at the time. For various reasons that didnít work out so I started flying it as a sport plane. I flew it as a pleasant break from the various and sundry higher performance planes that accompanied it to the field. I flew it a lot. A lot, 2 or 3 flights a trip to the field.

It started with a Thunder Tigre 0.40 engine and an Airtronics radio. I wore out that Thunder Tiger out and replaced it with an OS 46FX I had available. Woo Hoo! That was an exciting upgrade. I literally flew the covering off. Not figuratively, literally. It had that old sticky back covering that wasnít repairable. One flight led to a terrible buzzing, half the lower wing covering was in shreds. Not only that several hinges were broke. Completely removed with Monokote. Itís now on its third motor and third radio flight pack.

Latest blog entry: AMA National Model Aviation Day
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply