Apr 22, 2018, 03:59 PM
Thread OP
Help!

FPV starts spinning around (yaw) when takeoff

So i'm kind of noob on this but iv'e finished my quadcopter and now it's all set up (i think), what happens is that when i throttle up it starts spinning around to the right side (YAW), it elevates a little but as i give throttle to it and elevates it keeps spinning more and more. The motors and props are correctly set up spinning the right way and the flight controller (SP Racing F3) orientation is correctly set up as well. in the receiver tab in betaflight the channels all seem to be okay and work okay. what I've found is when i'm in the motors tab in betaflight and i test the motors with the master they all work okay and they all go all the way from 1000 to 2000 and when i connect the transmitter to test the motors with it and put the throttle all the way up sometimes just 2 of the motors reach 2000 and other times just 1 while the rest reach between 1500-1700 and after this they start slowing down. It just happens when i connect the transmitter and do the test with it. HELP

I use
Motors racerstar BR2205 2300kv
ESC racerstar 4 in 1 20a
SP Racing F3
Matek PDB
Flysky fs i6 with fs IA6B receiver
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2018, 05:28 PM
You may have the channels of your transmitter different from how you set it up on the quadcopter. I would check into that first.
Apr 22, 2018, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Already checked. Working correctly, what i find is that when i give power to the motors with the master on betaflight they go all the way from 1000 to 2000. And when i do it with the throttle it is just one that go to 2000 and the other 3 go until 1500, 1700 and so
Apr 22, 2018, 08:26 PM
Have you adjust your subtrims to the centre 1500 and the ends points to 1000 and 2000 ?
Apr 23, 2018, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airvortex
Have you adjust your subtrims to the centre 1500 and the ends points to 1000 and 2000 ?
Yes, everything okay and in betaflight looks okay
Apr 23, 2018, 07:45 PM
Calibrate ESCS?

Props off. Radio on. Throttle max. Plug in quad. Series of beeps...then being the throttle all the way down. Shorter series of beeps. Unplug battery.
Apr 24, 2018, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brquad
Calibrate ESCS?

Props off. Radio on. Throttle max. Plug in quad. Series of beeps...then being the throttle all the way down. Shorter series of beeps. Unplug battery.
I don't think you can calibrate this way. Connect fc to pc without lipo. In betaflight configurator motors move all motors slider all the way up, connect lipo, wait a couple seconds and then move slider down.

xodmorfic Maybe you inverted props rotation in betaflight? I had similliar issues.
Apr 24, 2018, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiel
I don't think you can calibrate this way. Connect fc to pc without lipo. In betaflight configurator motors move all motors slider all the way up, connect lipo, wait a couple seconds and then move slider down.

xodmorfic Maybe you inverted props rotation in betaflight? I had similliar issues.
I can did it many times including couple days ago! It's the same thing just not using BF. Either way, same result
Apr 24, 2018, 08:54 AM
I didn't know. I thought that escs wouldn't get full throttle signal because the pid loop would want to stabilize the drone.
Apr 24, 2018, 03:26 PM
If is started up with throttle at max...it knows it's in calibration mode. Not a tech answer, but the jist of it, lol
Apr 25, 2018, 03:27 AM
Ok then I think Joshua Barwell said to do it that way. And I haven't had any problems with it.
Apr 26, 2018, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, i've found that it seems like the gyro and accelerometer are not working correctly, maybe i'll replace the fc
Apr 26, 2018, 11:05 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
When you do a motor test with the radio, the FC thinks you're actually trying to fly the quad. But of course, there are no props so all the quad does is vibrate. The FC interprets that vibration as motion and it starts to adjust the motor speeds to correct for the motion it's (falsely) detecting. The motor speeds cannot be controlled when operating them this way, the FC does what it wants as soon as you give it a little throttle. There is nothing wrong, it's exactly what it's supposed to. (EDIT) the fact that the motor speeds go all "wonky" when you do a radio motor test is arguably proof that the sensors are working. But if you go in to BF Configurator and the little image of the quad moves when you move the quad, this is proof that the sensors are working.

Are you really sure you have the motors set up correctly? Spinning uncontrollably at take off is a symptom of the yaw being reversed. BF has a toggle on the Configuration page (I think that's where it is) to reverse yaw. It's a popular FPV mod to set up quads with the props spinning the opposite of normal since this doesn't blow debris off the props and in to the camera. That switch is there to make it easy to do. Before you take the quad apart to replace the FC, find the reverse yaw toggle switch. Toggle the switch (ignore the "on" and "off", just switch it to the opposite of what it is now). Try to fly again.

I bet it fixes the problem.

Quick Reply