This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 16, 2019, 06:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by adibbins
Hi All,

I'm wondering if the Arduplane on an F405 Wing, supports the differntial aileron setup ?

Is anybody using it?

I set things up, and the dspoiler_opt parameter wasn't present, I am wondering if I missed something, or if it isn't a feature that's been programmed yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy
Yes, and I use it all the time. In the Intilal Setup tab, go to Servo Output. Set whatever channels you want for the left and right aileron. You can then set the min/max signals for each channel.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 08:35 PM
I have 3 F405-wing boards. I was setting the 3rd one in a new plane today, and for some reason I cannot get telemetry working.
I flashed exact same arduplane parameters, used the same dragon link receiver, but on this 3rd board I get intermittent telemetry ("telemetry lost" - "telemetry recovered")... Only thing that may be different is firmware (probably 3.8 on the older board and latest 3.9 on the new one).
Did anyone ever see this weird behaviour? I'm out of ideas and am about to declare this board fried...
Jul 17, 2019, 06:05 AM
Hey which current sensor scale and offset values are you using? With the suggested 317 I get around 9-10Amps current sensing when connected through usb. When I power the matek f405 wing fc with a lipo it measures 17amps disarmed and maximum through flying 104amps...
Jul 17, 2019, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalferox
Hey which current sensor scale and offset values are you using? With the suggested 317 I get around 9-10Amps current sensing when connected through usb. When I power the matek f405 wing fc with a lipo it measures 17amps disarmed and maximum through flying 104amps...
Sounds like you might have a hardware issue. mine is "set current_meter_scale = 323" and reads well comparing FC reported mAh used vs battery charge after flight.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:45 AM

telemetry intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kija
I have 3 F405-wing boards. I was setting the 3rd one in a new plane today, and for some reason I cannot get telemetry working.
I flashed exact same arduplane parameters, used the same dragon link receiver, but on this 3rd board I get intermittent telemetry ("telemetry lost" - "telemetry recovered")... Only thing that may be different is firmware (probably 3.8 on the older board and latest 3.9 on the new one).
Did anyone ever see this weird behaviour? I'm out of ideas and am about to declare this board fried...
Yeah, I have. You're gonna laugh.
Exactly the same- telemetry lost sporadically over two days of troubleshooting. But I found the problem- the proverbial screw loose behind the wheel.

When I put my body between the telemetry transceivers, it would drop out.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:56 AM

I have a newbie question

I went through the usual method and successfully installed AP for the F405wing. Now a later version of AP has hit, and it should have some bug fixes about the missing param4 problem.
Do I have to go through the whole original process again to update AP for the F405wing controller? Or is it possible to just use mission planner?
Last edited by wazoo22; Jul 19, 2019 at 12:08 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22
I went through the usual method and successfully installed AP for the F405wing. Now a later version of AP has hit, and it should have some bug fixes about the missing param4 problem.
Do I have to go through the whole original process again to update AP for the F405wing controller? Or is it possible to just use mission planner?
You can install the newer version of AP via Mission Planner. Just select 'Load Custom Firmware' and point it to the firmware you downloaded. That said, I've run into an issue before.

Sometimes I only had to download the 'Arduplane.hex' file for my FC, tell MP to Load Custom Firmware, and done. If that doesn't work you may need to also download the 'arduplane.apj' file from the same place you downloaded the firmware. Make sure the two are in the same directory on your computer, then 'Install Custom Firmware' but select the xxxx.apj file. It will do it's thing and install the xxxx.hex file. Your original AP setups should remain the same when you upgrade. It'd be good to 'save' the full parameter list just in case.
Jul 22, 2019, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevenelestate
Sounds like you might have a hardware issue. mine is "set current_meter_scale = 323" and reads well comparing FC reported mAh used vs battery charge after flight.
banggood just refunds the money... I even tried with a hobbyking wattmeter and a multimeter to spin up around 1 amp and then set the current sensor value totally wrong even with 9000 I get around 3 amps but when I then throttle up until 2amps it show 3amp etc. so no chance how could I rescue this problem? The matek f405 wing fc doesnt offer an external current sensor pin, does it?
Jul 22, 2019, 07:45 AM

Cam feedback pin

Hello guys,

I'm going to use a Matek F405 wing as a sustitute of Pixhawk V1 but when trying CAM_FEEDBACK it does not work. I'm trying the following setup:

BRD_PWM_COUNT = 4;
RELAY_PIN = 35: # for output PWM 7
CAM_FEEDBACK_PIN = 36; # for input PWM 8 GPIO(57)

You can check the HAL BOARD definition in the following link:
https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupil...Wing/hwdef.dat
Jul 22, 2019, 01:42 PM
GPIO pin numbers start with 50 by convention. so if you set BRD_PWM_COUNT to 4, you‘ll have default PWM out on pins S1 - S4, followed by GPIO 54 - 58 on pins S5 - S9. you‘ll likely want to set your relay and cam feedback to one of those GPIOs.
Jul 22, 2019, 06:38 PM
Donīt grow up, itīs a trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalferox
My F405 does the same on USB, but when I connect a lipo, the current value returns to normal, in my case 480ma for FC, BT, receiver, cam & vtx.
Jul 23, 2019, 02:42 AM
I have connected ESC telemetry to RX2 and set SERIAL3_PROTOCOL to 16. Motor is not yet connected - should I be seeing a value for BLHTEMP in the OSD already? (Also set SERVO_BLH_TRATE to 10, SERVO_BLH_MASK to 1, SERVO_BLH_POLES to 14, as recommended.)

Another thing: In http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/comm...sc%20telemetry it also says to set "DShot150 at 150kbaud (recommended)" - but there is no option for 150000 baud . Value 1500 is described as 1500000 baud. Could anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well, that happens when you try too hard... First I mixed up the enumeration of serial ports in passthrough (starting at 0) with the perfectly regular one in AP... Then I mixed up the DShot baudrate with the ESC telemetry one... I think I need a vacation... Anyway, it works now.
Last edited by 747TestPilot; Jul 26, 2019 at 03:07 AM.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:11 AM
Donīt grow up, itīs a trap

SpeedyBee UART on INAV2.x

Is the switch line of this bluetooth BLE uart only supportet on Betaflight or can I get this working with INAV2.1 on my F405w, e.g on the not used led pin?
Jul 25, 2019, 02:30 AM

Connecting V8R4 -II receiver

Is it possible to connect a Frsky PWM receiver?
If so, can someone provide a wiring diagram and Arduplane parameters pls?
Jul 25, 2019, 02:58 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsilk
Is it possible to connect a Frsky PWM receiver?
If so, can someone provide a wiring diagram and Arduplane parameters pls?
You need a serial based receiver signal, i.e. SBus/PPM type. You can buy encoders to connect to your PWM Rx to provide a PPM/SBus signal to the FC. Something similar to this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/signal-c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quick Reply