This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2018, 02:27 AM
I've tried 2 separate Neo-N8M GPS's on 3 different UART ports, but I still can't get them to talk to this FC. What's going on?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2018, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Getting closer by the day for Ardupilot support of F405-Wing, based on ArduPlane ChibiOS HAL.

My bench test has the following working with ArduPlane [master] / ChibiOS / Dragonlink / Mission Planner:
  • SBus in from Dragonlink NanoRx
  • GPS on Tx1/Rx1
  • Bi-directional Mavlink telemetry with Mission Planner via Dragonlink / Bluetooth
  • Digital airspeed sensor on I2C
  • Basic calibration of RC channels, IMU, baro, external mag, airspeed sensor
  • Wiggling flight control servos on PWM out pins
  • Battery and current monitoring
  • SD card for flight logging and terrain mapping / terrain following (known bugs still outstanding here)
  • Automated mission download
  • Rx RSSI (via Dragonlink on ch12)
  • verification of all UARTs/USARTs via simple putty sessions
  • ESC and motor connection and confirmation -- DONE. SPEDIX GS 5A. TUNED WITH BLHELISUITE32 SUITE.
  • BlHeli32 ESC telemetry (RPMs, amps, temp) back to MissionPlanner -- AVAILABLE IN DF LOGS, BUT NOT YET IN MP OR MAVLINK
  • RunCam Split 2 installed (bridged 9v supply to 12v supply, per Matek manual). Researching camera control via Tx switch(es) ala iNav and others.
  • OSD working on internal OSD HW, courtesy of recent work by @sh83 and @tridge on Ardupilot dev team.
  • Runcam 2 Split set up for FPV and HD recording, on 180 pan servo.
Still to go:
  • 1.3GHz VTx for long range and 433MHz compatability
  • Buzzer and external LEDs
Very encouraged that full throttle has zero impact on OSD image quality. Unlike many minimOSD-based builds in the past...

I am hopeful this is the best FC yet under $50 for ArduPlane on fixed wing.
Making good progress on integrated OSD widgets with ArduPlane / ChibiOS dev team. Shown below:
  • Left side, top to bottom: RxRSSI, # satellites, flight mode, ground speed
  • Center, top to bottom: motor RPM, ESC amps, ESC temp, GPS lat and long
  • Right side, top to bottom: Batt volts, amps drawn, altitude, total mAH consumed

Kelly

Name: OSD refinements on F405-Wing 27jun18.jpg
Views: 100
Size: 1.37 MB
Description:
Jun 28, 2018, 02:47 AM
Any complications possible, to use this FC for a Vtol project, instead of a Pixhawk or should it work just equally well?
Thanks
Jun 28, 2018, 04:01 AM
default-PT

OSD configuration

Hi there,

Can you explain how can the OSD be configured? until now we had to connect the FTDI adapter to minimosd and use it to configure... but with this integrated osd how can we do it? Please give us more details about "integrated OSD widgets with arduplane"

Thanks a lot,
Ricardo Cabral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
Making good progress on integrated OSD widgets with ArduPlane / ChibiOS dev team. Shown below:
  • Right side, top to bottom: Batt volts, amps drawn, altitude, total mAH consumed

Kelly

Attachment 11051643
Jun 28, 2018, 04:27 PM
Anyone here you got a MS4525 working?
I own two of these:
http://s.aliexpress.com/NB3IjaMv

But I can’t get them work, the speed always stay red in inav
Jun 28, 2018, 11:28 PM
Quote:

Kelly

Attachment 11051643
wor really nice
Jun 29, 2018, 12:32 AM
I have the MS4525 working off I2C pins with ArduPlane ChibiOS. I don't know anything about making that sensor work in iNav.

Regarding OSD configuration, it's done by setting ArduPlane parameters. I am currently doing so in MissionPlanner. Essentially 3 params per widget: enable (on/off), X, and Y. Coordinates are screen location with (0,0) in upper left corner. This capability is currently under development, and not yet production or beta. If you build or get access to latest master, much of the OSD functionality is there today.

Kelly
Jun 29, 2018, 12:49 AM
Brief demo of the BLHeli data in response to throttle.

Kelly
Jun 29, 2018, 02:43 AM
Quote:
I have the MS4525 working off I2C pins with ArduPlane ChibiOS. I don't know anything about making that sensor work in iNav.

Regarding OSD configuration, it's done by setting ArduPlane parameters. I am currently doing so in MissionPlanner. Essentially 3 params per widget: enable (on/off), X, and Y. Coordinates are screen location with (0,0) in upper left corner. This capability is currently under development, and not yet production or beta. If you build or get access to latest master, much of the OSD functionality is there today.

Kelly
even if i can't change OSD layout, i'll be happy.
as long as the crucial component is there, i'll take that rather than use minimosd again.
Jun 29, 2018, 03:32 AM
default-PT
Thank you!

Quote:

Kelly
Jun 29, 2018, 02:38 PM
I've been having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to solder the pin headers to this board - anybody else had issues? I must've soldered literally thousands of pin header joints before & have never had issues like this!
Jun 29, 2018, 02:57 PM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies
I've been having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to solder the pin headers to this board - anybody else had issues? I must've soldered literally thousands of pin header joints before & have never had issues like this!
The copper layer on this board is quite thick, you'll need a tip with a fair bit of mass and a generous dose of flux.

Cheers,
Geoff
Jun 30, 2018, 07:48 AM
My pin soldering went easily, using my standard method: I blobbed solder paste on each hole, inserted pin row/set, then went in with tip at 380*F and lightly touched all around via rim and pin base. As usual the solder became solder, and flux largely burned off. I can't imagine doing this with solder instead of solder paste.

Kelly
Jun 30, 2018, 08:01 AM

Daily Builds for ArduPlane / ChibiOS for Matek F405-Wing

Daily builds are here.

Name: Firmware builds for ArduPlane ChibiOS for Matek F405-Wing.jpg
Views: 9771
Size: 246.8 KB
Description:

Obviously you can navigate from there to get to Copter or to other F4-based flight controller builds.

I've also attached my latest param file, in case that is useful for anyone. And if you're not familiar with Mission Planner's recent (this year) param compare file, check it out. (See where cursor is pointing on right side of screen. First column of values is current settings in FC/MP. Second column is new params from file you just specified, and checkbox determines whether or not you want to change to new setting from file. Can't imagine FC evolution without this. Note I am on v67 of these params!

Name: compare params.jpg
Views: 152
Size: 593.5 KB
Description:

You can compare my param file to your current settings, and decide which, if any, of my params as they differ from yours that you want to merge into your current settings. Then save end result to a new file. Note that many of my params may have nothing to do with the F405-Wing, such as airspeed sensor, EKF choice, etc.

OSD enhancments for ChibiOS F4-based FC's with integrated OSD continue. @sh83 has a PR pending for artificial horizon, scrolling messages, screen switching and some other improvements. Search my param file for "OSD" and you'll get a sense for how to program your preferred OSD layout with params.

Kelly
Last edited by wkf94025; Jun 30, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Jun 30, 2018, 07:32 PM
Update: @sh83 coding OSD improvements faster than I can type! Home arrow and distance to home implemented and tested. Nice work!

Kelly

Quick Reply