This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2018, 04:11 PM
I am really stuck on setting up analog airspeed sensor. It works really well with ARSPD_PIN=15 and BATT_MONITOR=0, but i also need battery and current readings.
As soon as i set BATT_MONITOR=4 and reboot the board - airspeed does not work anymore, thought battery monitor - does... This looks like some kind of a bug because it uses PIN 10 for voltage and 11 for current and i have no clue why PIN 15 can't be used after activating BATT_MONITOR. I am not good at code reading. Any developers here?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2018, 12:41 AM
All I can tell you is that battery voltage and current are working well for me with the correct pin settings (10 and 11), and the DIGITAL airspeed sensor on I2C works well too. If you have a digital airspeed sensor, try that. If not, consider abandoning the analog sensor and going digital. I've never used an analog one, so sorry to be of little help with current conundrum.

Kelly
Jul 08, 2018, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
All I can tell you is that battery voltage and current are working well for me with the correct pin settings (10 and 11), and the DIGITAL airspeed sensor on I2C works well too. If you have a digital airspeed sensor, try that. If not, consider abandoning the analog sensor and going digital. I've never used an analog one, so sorry to be of little help with current conundrum.

Kelly
I have a couple of analog sensors and they work really well if ADC on the board precise enough, so spending another $50 is not the best option for me. Anyway, thank you for reply - i will try to create a PR at discuss.ardupilot.org
Jul 08, 2018, 08:15 AM
Hope the gang can help you solve it. Agree, if analog sensors have performed well for you, they are considerably cheaper than the digital sensors, which I consider one of the most overpriced components in RC today.

Kelly
Jul 09, 2018, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Glad you got through flashing without drama or gunfire. Lucky you. ;-)
Attached is my latest param file, which has every working OSD widget on screen 1. Screen photo attached as well. Here is a short demo of the integrated OSD in action. Major kudos to @sh83, @tridge, @vierfuffzig, and Sid and others for rapidly advancing ChibiOS HAL and integrated OSD support.

Kelly

Attachment 11066595
Thanks for you param Kelly.

i'm success load arduplane into my matek-wing and changes some osd layout
my question, any UART available for telemetry module ?

Kiky

Name: photo_2018-07-09_08-55-14.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 117.0 KB
Description:
Jul 09, 2018, 07:42 AM
FlyMike
I am new to Matek F405 but not new to other flight controllers built primarily for fixed wing. Can someone explain to me why there is an arm/disarm feature incorporated into this hardware/software. Many of us prefer to have a "safety switch" on our Transmitter (I am using ersky9x). Is this a hold over from the quad thinking? It is annoying and unnecessary for fixed wing.
Jul 09, 2018, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikymad
Thanks for you param Kelly.

i'm success load arduplane into my matek-wing and changes some osd layout
my question, any UART available for telemetry module ?

Kiky

Attachment 11074444
The good thing about the -Wing is the # of available UARTs. You should become familiar with the hwdef.dat file in Ardupilot. In this directory, there is a subdirectory for every supported ChibiOS FC. Go into the F405-Wing directory and study the hwdef.dat. That defines which UARTs (by # on the board silk) is matched with SERIALn in the parameter file.

Kelly
Jul 09, 2018, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilan
I am new to Matek F405 but not new to other flight controllers built primarily for fixed wing. Can someone explain to me why there is an arm/disarm feature incorporated into this hardware/software. Many of us prefer to have a "safety switch" on our Transmitter (I am using ersky9x). Is this a hold over from the quad thinking? It is annoying and unnecessary for fixed wing.
It's Ardupilot, not the HW. No one is forcing you to use it. To suggest it's a hold over doesn't make sense to me. Propellers slice skin, whether one prop or four.

Kelly
Jul 09, 2018, 09:18 AM
Quote:
The good thing about the -Wing is the # of available UARTs. You should become familiar with the hwdef.dat file in Ardupilot. In this directory, there is a subdirectory for every supported ChibiOS FC. Go into the F405-Wing directory and study the hwdef.dat. That defines which UARTs (by # on the board silk) is matched with SERIALn in the parameter file.

Kelly
Ohh you mean this rite ?

# There is currently an issue with UART Mapping. For now, reference the table below:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Serial1 - T3/R3
# Serial2 - T4/R4
# Serial3 - T1/R1
# Serial4 - T5/R5
# Serial5 - T6/R6

Thank you
Kiky
Jul 09, 2018, 09:21 AM
Zackly.
Jul 09, 2018, 09:55 AM
FlyMike
Quote:
It's Ardupilot, not the HW. No one is forcing you to use it. To suggest it's a hold over doesn't make sense to me. Propellers slice skin, whether one prop or four.

Kelly
You are right. Props do slice skin (I am a Plastic Surgeon that fixes such things). But how to safety the prop is ones opinion. I am just asking if there is a way to disable the "arming" process so as to give us a choice. Choice and freedom is after all an American thing. It is a great FC. I am not complaining about that. But if no one speaks up about alternatives then the product stagnates. So, is there or is there not a way to disable the "arming" process?
Jul 09, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
You are right. Props do slice skin (I am a Plastic Surgeon that fixes such things). But how to safety the prop is ones opinion. I am just asking if there is a way to disable the "arming" process so as to give us a choice. Choice and freedom is after all an American thing. It is a great FC. I am not complaining about that. But if no one speaks up about alternatives then the product stagnates. So, is there or is there not a way to disable the "arming" process?
I'm not sure it's documented in arduplane section, but it is in arducopter: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/pre...ety_check.html

EDIT:

Throttle arming is documented if that's what you're after: http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/arming-throttle.html
Jul 09, 2018, 10:23 AM
FlyMike
Kira, thank you so much. That is very helpful and you are very polite.
Jul 09, 2018, 10:25 AM
FlyMike
The spelling checker misspelled your name, I am sorry Kija.
Jul 09, 2018, 10:31 AM
Quote:
The spelling checker misspelled your name, I am sorry Kija.
no worries! To get help with ardupilot, the facebook group "ardupilot.org" is a great source of information.

Quick Reply