This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 04, 2018, 06:54 PM
Hi Kelly, is there a "how-to" somewhere for flashing this FC with arduplane?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2018, 03:20 AM
default-PT

Stop force

Thank you.

It seems that with BLHeli 32 active braking for foldable propellers exist:
"Like programmable brake on stop force. Which allows control of the braking of fixed wing props."

I will dig on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
I've been spending a month deep into the -Wing and no disappointments yet. Regarding BLHeli32 ESC's, I didn't do a ton of research, but for my lighter fixed wing needs, I went with this Spedix ESC from ProgressiveRC in Seattle. I believe Matek's Wraith is also a good line, but no direct experience. On the Spedix, you'll need to solder one wire onto the ESC and connect to a UART on the -Wing to get the RPMs, amps, temps, etc. The control you have on a BLHeli32 ESC with their config tool is very cool. Highly recommend BLHeli32. There is a good thread here on RCG for it.

Good progress made by @tridge and @sh83 overnight, building latest now.

Kelly
Jul 05, 2018, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kija
Hi Kelly, is there a "how-to" somewhere for flashing this FC with arduplane?
I haven't found it, but it is pretty simple - flash it with any iNav/CF/BF Configurator:
1) Download arduplane_with_bl.hex from http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/...atekF405-Wing/
2) Connect your board to your PC in DFU mode (like you would flash it with iNav or BetaFligh in general)
3) Open iNav/CF/BF Configurator, go to Firmware Flasher tab, push "Load Firmware [Local]" button and choose downloaded arduplane_with_bl.hex
4) Push the "Flash Firmware" button and wait until it is finished
5) If your blue LED started flashing - connect with MP, if not - reconnect the board to your PC to reboot it and connect with MP
Jul 05, 2018, 06:30 AM
Thanks @sanyok84, that is essentially how I do the initial flashing, or recovery if I build a bad firmware and need to wipe FC and start over. Couple details to add, some of which may be obvious, some of which may not. The sequence with iNav/CF/BF is for first time flashing, and the _with_bl.hex is just what the name implies: it includes a bootloader. Once that is done successfully, you can update the firmware from MissionPlanner (if that is your preferred GCS) in the initial setup tab, Install Firmware, Load custom firmware (lower right corner). Each update with MP should *not* wipe your parameters, but the iNav/CF/BF flashing does. I save my params to a file constantly, for a number of reasons, including ease of resuming where I left off if I brick the FC and need to reflash from iNav.

Count yourself lucky if you're trying MP with Chibios firmware for the first time, as it has been a maddening process until @tridge stepped in recently. Now an increasingly well worn path that should get formal documentation soon.

Kelly
Jul 05, 2018, 07:59 AM
i did a wiki PR to revomini documentation regading firmware flash and updgrade procedures. needs review, will proceed with per-board documentation then.
Jul 05, 2018, 08:37 AM
Thanks Sanyok and Kelly. I’m going to try that out today. For sure this must have been a difficult road, not for the faint hearted.
Jul 05, 2018, 09:33 AM
That was easy enough to flash! Looks like its working! Mission Planner "Getting Params" hangs on the STAT_RESET parameter consistently, but when I hit cancel everything looks normal after that.
Jul 05, 2018, 09:45 AM
Glad you got through flashing without drama or gunfire. Lucky you. ;-)
Attached is my latest param file, which has every working OSD widget on screen 1. Screen photo attached as well. Here is a short demo of the integrated OSD in action. Major kudos to @sh83, @tridge, @vierfuffzig, and Sid and others for rapidly advancing ChibiOS HAL and integrated OSD support.

Kelly

Name: OSD 05jul18.jpg
Views: 91
Size: 1.20 MB
Description:
Jul 05, 2018, 09:49 AM
Just found out that with an sd-card inserted, params load fine... of course!

Thanks for your params, I was wondering what settings were needed for the "Battery Monitor" so I will work from your file.
Jul 07, 2018, 10:24 AM
I'm having issues getting a GPS to work with arduplane on this board. I've tried two different units, without success. I'm trying to get it to work on Serial3, just setting the protocol to (5) GPS and baud rate to 38. I know my units work because I can get them going in u-center. Is there anything I could be be overlooking?
Jul 07, 2018, 11:08 AM
Quote:
I'm having issues getting a GPS to work with arduplane on this board. I've tried two different units, without success. I'm trying to get it to work on Serial3, just setting the protocol to (5) GPS and baud rate to 38. I know my units work because I can get them going in u-center. Is there anything I could be be overlooking?
Mine works at TX1/RX1 that correspond to Serial3 in MP. 38400bps and mode 5. Started to work only after the board was rebooted. And of course external power is required. All 5v outputs work only after the main voltage is applied, not the usb connection.
Jul 07, 2018, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyok84
Mine works at TX1/RX1 that correspond to Serial3 in MP. 38400bps and mode 5. Started to work only after the board was rebooted. And of course external power is required. All 5v outputs work only after the main voltage is applied, not the usb connection.
Oh lol I though serial3 was t3/r3. Thanks a lot I will try this afternoon.
Jul 07, 2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Oh lol I though serial3 was t3/r3. Thanks a lot I will try this afternoon.
If you read the Ardupilot hwdef.dat for that FC, it has some helpful information in it. Not an obvious README resource, but helpful, as it defines how the firmware is actually coded. Here is the ChibiOS directory that has one subdirectory for each supported FC.

Kelly
Jul 07, 2018, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys, my gps works good in t1/r1 in serial3.
Jul 07, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
If you read the Ardupilot hwdef.dat for that FC, it has some helpful information in it. Not an obvious README resource, but helpful, as it defines how the firmware is actually coded. Here is the ChibiOS directory that has one subdirectory for each supported FC.

Kelly
Thanks for info - it helped a lot!

Can anyone advice me how to connect analog airspeed sensor on this board under arduplane?

Quick Reply