Apr 21, 2018, 04:21 PM
Discussion

New X10+, need help

I just received two of the X10+'s today. I went to the XPS site and tried to download the XDP software but I have a problem. Either I don't know how to turn Norton off or how to run as administrator or something. After the download was complete I had 5 or 6 items appear on the desktop but when I tried to open them they said no device found and one was a find device window but could not find a device. And yes, I had the serial link hooked up.
Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2018, 01:54 AM
As long as you installed the software in Administrator mode, and run any of the installed programs also in Administrator mode there should be no problem finding the Serial Link. If you can launch any program without a message saying "No XDP or Serial Link found", then it means the software is installed correctly and the Serial Link is plugged in. If the XDP program can't "find" the X10+ board, then it is likely because you are not putting the X10+ into computer programming mode before clicking on the FIND DEVICE button. See the manual for information on how to put the X10+ into computer programming mode.
Apr 22, 2018, 06:54 AM
Someone from XPS helped me figure it out yesterday via email. Whom ever it was I really appreciate the assistance. Thank you.
Apr 22, 2018, 12:44 PM
OK, glad to hear you got it resolved.

Quick Reply