Aug 05, 2019, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
X45 install suggests the wire connection on top side when model is static.
Thanks Robert, noted.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2019, 10:31 PM
Almost finish the conversion ... Later will check the CG ....
Aug 06, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwev1000
Balanced with a little fuel in the tank and the u/c in the down position. Henke youre the man with huge experience on foamies, do we measure cg with u/c raised or lowered?.. appears to be a mixed choice
Battery's are twin 1000mah lipo for receiver and 2200mah for turbine, needed this to get to the cg
.... It seems that need to get more weight at the front to get the cg right 🤔😶 , .... Cg measure at 110mm .!!!
Aug 07, 2019, 12:29 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden4122
.... It seems that need to get more weight at the front to get the cg right 🤔😶 , .... Cg measure at 110mm .!!!
This is what happen when you put a heavy engine quite far back. How much space do you have between engien and fuel tank? I always have my engine almost touch the tank, like 5mm tops. In some cases even the engine over the tank.

I know some on here like heavy planes but I find then fly to much better the lighter you can go.
Aug 14, 2019, 03:16 AM
What flying weights are people's Avanti S turbine conversions coming out at?

Mine's 2.6kg (ready to fly, but no fuel) with a P20.
Aug 14, 2019, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden4122
... I have been following this tread and decided to go with King tech K30G2...

I ordered a PNP without power system ( no effect unit and ESC ) ... Red colour scheme seems to see better in flight..
Can I ask how you secured the bellmouth end of the thrust tube to the airframe?
Aug 14, 2019, 03:31 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH106
What flying weights are people's Avanti S turbine conversions coming out at?

Mine's 2.6kg (ready to fly, but no fuel) with a P20.
~2.3kg
Aug 25, 2019, 01:06 PM
First flight of mine today - flies great with no real vices.
Would recommend a tad less aileron throw than in the manual, but apart from that flies well on a P20.
Aug 26, 2019, 12:44 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH106
First flight of mine today - flies great with no real vices.
Would recommend a tad less aileron throw than in the manual, but apart from that flies well on a P20.
Keep the throws and up the Expo. The Avanti needs big throws to make the snap rolls or what ever maneuvers are included in the competition routines.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:01 AM
Jet, aerotow and heli junkie
Henke

I have ordered 2 conversion kits from HAB for the Mig 17s we are doing. We have 2 Freewing Avanti 80 mm also coming soon. What photos would you need to do your magic installations on the bird.

Thanks for all your efforts btw

Dean
Canada
Sep 18, 2019, 12:12 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokaidobb
Henke

I have ordered 2 conversion kits from HAB for the Mig 17s we are doing. We have 2 Freewing Avanti 80 mm also coming soon. What photos would you need to do your magic installations on the bird.

Thanks for all your efforts btw

Dean
Canada
We would need to determine if 650 or 800cc of fuel can be fitted. It needs to be exactly on CG or maximum 10mm ahead. Then I need the measurement from the tank rear end to the front of the EDF mount to se how far forward we can get the engine. When this is set I "only" lay it out in CAD and draw the mounts.

So first off, try to get the 800cc tank on CG, I will look for the measurements of the tank in a bit, then you can do a dummy from styro or what ever for trail fitting.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:43 PM
Jet, aerotow and heli junkie
Will do!

I'll remember you at Christmas.....lol

dw
Sep 19, 2019, 02:39 AM
Gents - what is the source of your 800cc tank?

My conversion kit only came with a 650cc tank which is a bit limiting on flight times - so I'd like to fit a larger tank. However, in the Avanti S the tank width is limiting. I am struggling to find a larger tank of the right shape i.e. maybe longer/taller but not much wider.
Thanks
Sep 19, 2019, 02:58 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Hm, I really doubt there is a problem getting 800cc in the big one as the small easily fits 650cc...

Quick Reply