Apr 20, 2018, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

1200mW power available,AKK X2-ultimate and FX2-ultimate

to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2018, 12:04 AM
fly by night
interesting product. only useful for flying 10km or more imho. because that is a ridiculous amount of power. too bad it is not SMA
Apr 22, 2018, 09:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
interesting product. only useful for flying 10km or more imho. because that is a ridiculous amount of power. too bad it is not SMA
mmcx-sma/rpsma adaptor is available, don't worry that it's overkill, it is great for fixed wing

✔ Самый мощный компактный передатчик - AKK X2 Ultimate 1.2W! A (12 min 57 sec)
Apr 22, 2018, 11:55 PM
fly by night
what voltage does it run on? can it run under 7 Volts, under 6 volts? I'm also be curious to know how much watts its draws on the power-in side
Apr 23, 2018, 02:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
what voltage does it run on? can it run under 7 Volts, under 6 volts? I'm also be curious to know how much watts its draws on the power-in side
7-26V input with 5V output
Apr 23, 2018, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
AKK X2 Ultimate 1200mW Vtx long range test (oh, it is GOOD!) (7 min 42 sec)
May 09, 2018, 07:44 AM
May 09, 2018, 09:48 AM
How much power does it needs in comparison to 1.2 1.3ghz vtx to get same range ?
May 09, 2018, 04:16 PM
KF6HLN
Shoot lol! I missed this thread!
What's the story? It is reduced from 1200mw to 1000mw recently? I need to get one of these lol!
(Yes yes, see my callsight to the left... I have had a Ham license since 1996 )
Nov 18, 2020, 01:33 AM

Overheat protection or not??

Do these have 'Over heat' protection can anyone tell me please?
I thought I'd cooked one while waiting for enough sats to fly . It stopped showing any thing on it's LCD and wasn't transmitting anything so I bunged it in the spares draw and ordered another.
This one has just done the same after just a few minutes wait for sats again and on a cool day too!!
However , I tried it again later once cooled and lo & behold it's working again.
I dragged the old one out of it's draw and this too is back to life(or so it seems for now)so I'm wondering if they have thermal protection of some sort?
I can't find anything in the specs??

Anyone have any ideas please???
Last edited by drambuidhe; Dec 02, 2020 at 03:48 AM. Reason: To get a response
Nov 18, 2020, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikislater
How much power does it needs in comparison to 1.2 1.3ghz vtx to get same range ?
The range difference is hard to measure based on power output, but a rough comparison I have is a 150mW 1.3gHz plane I fly medium range gets a safe 10km which is about the same range I get with 800mW 5.8gHz, the signal quality is a bit more patchy and sensitive with 5.8 and both systems use a mast based groundstation, but it may help as a bit of a guide.
Nov 24, 2020, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
The range difference is hard to measure based on power output, but a rough comparison I have is a 150mW 1.3gHz plane I fly medium range gets a safe 10km which is about the same range I get with 800mW 5.8gHz, the signal quality is a bit more patchy and sensitive with 5.8 and both systems use a mast based groundstation, but it may help as a bit of a guide.
Thank you !
Dec 02, 2020, 03:50 AM

Any one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Do these have 'Over heat' protection can anyone tell me please?
I thought I'd cooked one while waiting for enough sats to fly . It stopped showing any thing on it's LCD and wasn't transmitting anything so I bunged it in the spares draw and ordered another.
This one has just done the same after just a few minutes wait for sats again and on a cool day too!!
However , I tried it again later once cooled and lo & behold it's working again.
I dragged the old one out of it's draw and this too is back to life(or so it seems for now)so I'm wondering if they have thermal protection of some sort?
I can't find anything in the specs??

Anyone have any ideas please???
Have a look please guy's and give me your thoughts
Dec 02, 2020, 05:20 AM
I don't know the specifics of AKK transmitters despite running several of their high power ones, however I do recall reading somewhere that they incorporate thermal limiting, but... it will not be in the RF power output stage, more than likely integrated into the MPU chip (most have thermal monitoring of some sort) which would most likely shut it down when enough heat is convected to that chip. The downside is that the output device, a GaAsFET can be permanently degraded with too much heat, so if it's shut down below that point it would probably be unscathed.
I would suggest either heatsinking or fit a switch to disable the vtx until you're ready to fly... or both. I make skin radiators for nearly all of my planes now using 0.2mm aluminium printing plate, fitted flush to the underside of the wing with the TX embedded in a hollowed out section, they present no drag but can easily dissipate several watts of heat and add very little weight. I even paint them white to blend in with the foam and they still run cool, I fit them with m2 nylon screws into embedded nylon sleeve nuts so it's very easy to access when needed.
just an idea that might help.
Cheers.
Feb 07, 2021, 11:33 PM
Power by hearty franks & beans
AC, great idea for the skin radiators! Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
I don't know the specifics of AKK transmitters despite running several of their high power ones, however I do recall reading somewhere that they incorporate thermal limiting, but... it will not be in the RF power output stage, more than likely integrated into the MPU chip (most have thermal monitoring of some sort) which would most likely shut it down when enough heat is convected to that chip. The downside is that the output device, a GaAsFET can be permanently degraded with too much heat, so if it's shut down below that point it would probably be unscathed.
I would suggest either heatsinking or fit a switch to disable the vtx until you're ready to fly... or both. I make skin radiators for nearly all of my planes now using 0.2mm aluminium printing plate, fitted flush to the underside of the wing with the TX embedded in a hollowed out section, they present no drag but can easily dissipate several watts of heat and add very little weight. I even paint them white to blend in with the foam and they still run cool, I fit them with m2 nylon screws into embedded nylon sleeve nuts so it's very easy to access when needed.
just an idea that might help.
Cheers.

Quick Reply