Durafly SlowPoke Classic Airplane - RC Groups

Durafly SlowPoke Classic Airplane

We love to see classic airplanes making a come back and the SlowPoke is doing just that with this Durafly model.

Splash

Classic Makes a Come Back

We love to see classic airplanes making a come back and the SlowPoke is doing just that with this Durafly model. It's a foamie that features classic lines and an attractive trim scheme. It's a great blend of old and new that looks like it flys as good as it looks. This SlowPoke has a 1200mm wingspan and the power system consists of a 3648 700kv brushless motor, 40A ESC and a 12x6 prop. It includes four 9g servos that are pre-installed with ball-link control hardware. You'll need to bring your own 4+ channel radio system 3S 2200 to 2700mAH Lipo batteries to finish it out. The SlowPoke sells for $149.20 and it's available right now at HobbyKing.

Check out the Durafly SlowPoke Classic Airplane Here

Apr 19, 2018, 11:05 AM
Maggie is in charge
Nice looking plane!

I like the classic/retro style
Apr 19, 2018, 11:12 AM
I guess hobbyking has never heard of either trademark or copyright enfringement
Latest blog entry: blog
Apr 19, 2018, 11:14 AM
Rabid Rabbir
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
Apr 19, 2018, 11:21 AM
Maggie is in charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
I'm not trying to argue, but I don't have alot of knowledge about this model.

I certainly don't support copyright or trademark infringement.

Are they violating those with this model?
Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 AM
With all the nice details they added, I find it odd that they left the landing gear as a simple metal wire. Wouldn't have taken much to dress that up a bit.
Apr 19, 2018, 11:40 AM
Rabid Rabbir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsky
I'm not trying to argue, but I don't have alot of knowledge about this model.

I certainly don't support copyright or trademark infringement.

Are they violating those with this model?
Great Planes, which is now owned by Horizon Hobbies sells one or more SlowPoke models https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...gaAi_iEALw_wcB
Apr 19, 2018, 12:12 PM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
Great looking Poke

Main discussion thread right here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rafly-SLOWPOKE
May 01, 2018, 11:00 AM
JohnVHRC
Unboxing and Build video. Flight vid will be up tomorrow, the slow poke! Info in the video description.

Durafly SLOWPOKE 1200mm Unboxing and Assembly Review (12 min 25 sec)
Latest blog entry: Turnigy TQ4 4 Port Charger
May 02, 2018, 10:20 AM
JohnVHRC
My Flight
Finally got the WX to fly it, flies nice! More vids coming soon, subscribe!

Durafly SLOWPOKE 1200mm Maiden flight! From HobbyKing (3 min 58 sec)

https://goo.gl/f4MnGX
Latest blog entry: Turnigy TQ4 4 Port Charger
May 08, 2018, 09:05 PM
Great review! I really like this plane.

I have the Great Planes Lil' Poke which I fly all the time. About 1/2 the size of this with a polyhedral wing. I also have the as yet un-built kit for the Great Planes Sport 40, which looks to be a copy of. Now I have to decide if I should build the balsa kit, or just get this one.

One small issue, the wires that go from the fuse to the wing/tail are not flying wires. They are called landing wires because they support the wing when on the ground.
May 08, 2018, 09:20 PM
Shakey Sticks

Servos Are Garbage !

Mine crashed on the 3rd time around on it's maiden flight when the elevator servo went out. After it committed suicide, Found the elevator servo would only move the elevator down, and just stuttered when trying to apply any up. Everything else was still working correctly. Unfortunately the fuselage looked like an accordion, and this foam doesn't straighten out after it's been bent.
I didn't want to give up and bought another one and replaced all the servos with metal gear servos. Re-maiden was successful. This plane is heavier and faster that it looks. And you need to dial down the elevator throws a lot! That huge elevator being so close to the wing makes it a handful for pitch control. I do like the plane though. And do yourself another favor and pull those dummy engine pieces off, then glue them back on with some proper glue. And put some Dubro low bounce wheel on it. Now it's a nice plane. I was impressed by the finish on the plane; nice and smooth. It's a good looking plane. Too bad Durafly still puts garbage servos and hardware in all their planes. Instructions are useless.
Last edited by jlester42; May 08, 2018 at 09:32 PM.
May 09, 2018, 06:45 AM

Slow Poke

I have this nice looking plane for a week and it fly's like a "dream" , using 3s 2200 battery
the Cg on 85 mm and total weight of 1500 gram.
i have on the ailerons 50% Expo .
After a few flight i have mounted the Super A3 ii gyro , it is now realy a piece of cake to fly this plane !
i had no problems ( so far) with the servo's , and dont expect any problems .

A,
May 09, 2018, 06:54 AM

Slow Poke

sorry double posted
Last edited by Helikapoter; May 09, 2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: double
May 15, 2018, 01:50 PM
Recently crashed my Slowpoke due to an unsecured battery sliding rearward. In the course of repair I discovered several things about the tailwheel. The wheel itself goes through a plastic bushing on the fuselage bottom and through a small plywood disk on the inside and then has a control arm. After the crash, the tail wheel would not turn freely because the plywood disk rotated with the wheel and rubbed on the styrofoam. I don't know if the disk was originally glued and was supposed to be stationary or not. However this failure puts immense pressure on the rudder servo. I fixed mine by opening the rear of the fuselage and used credit card remnants to build internal support. If your tailwheel is extremely stiff be advised you might have a similar problem,.

Quick Reply