Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 05, 2004, 09:56 PM
Piscine Promulgator

Aeromod Voltij

OK so I've already spoken to a number of friends but I just have to gush a bit here, I hope nobody minds too much. I placed an order for an Aeromod Voltij today with Tom from http://www.F3X.com. This will be my first moldie and should be a really fun plane. I can't wait to try and see if it will perhaps be an exception to the "no knife edge" rule for slopers

A few pictures from here and there and everywhere:

The color scheme I'm planning on getting:

Anyways, it won't come in for at least four weeks, and I've got to sell a number of kits in order to afford it, but I think it will let me do the kind of flying I'm interested in here in SB. PSSing just isn't all that in our typically meager lift conditions, even on a good day I can barely fly my 2m Gerasis Fox the way it's supposed to be flown. The Voltij has the same span and weight as the Fox, but more area, so it should be a bit better performer, even with the symmetrical MG05 airfoil. Can always dial in some camber, and the best part is it flies just as well right side up as upside down

OK, just wanted to share!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2004, 09:58 PM
Piscine Promulgator
And of course, the Moth and Rodent projects will move forward as planned. They were two of the lucky ones who made the cut

Steve
Dec 05, 2004, 10:01 PM
plane obsessed
Right on! Congratulations on the new-new addition to your family! Let us know how it flies!

I LOVE symmetical airfoils.... hehe....

you know who
Dec 05, 2004, 10:03 PM
It could happen...
Sweet Steve! Love the colors you've choosen, I've always liked red and yellow on slopers. I really think that plane is an interesting plane...interesting airfoil. Need I say it???...VIDEO PLEASE!!!!!
Dec 05, 2004, 10:07 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Of course there will be video! I've scoured the net for one and not been able to turn anything up, so I guess I'll have to be the "first" (at least the first that I can find, since it'll be on my hard drive). Hopefully the build goes pretty smoothly and I can get it in the air without too much ado. And since it has a full flying stab it will be good experience for the Fauxdent, as well

Steve
Dec 05, 2004, 10:13 PM

Voltji?

Steve:
We have a few down here in socal. A group of us that fly out of Glider Point have them. Mine in fact is Yellow red it is a nice looking plane. Very fun plane to fly!
Good Luck!
Regards Alan
Dec 05, 2004, 10:17 PM
It could happen...
Somewhere there is some video of a large scale version of that the Voltij. They tow it up and flat out rip for a few minutes with it. Anyway, that is one cool plane Steve. Have fun with it.
Dec 05, 2004, 10:38 PM
Piscine Promulgator
ITL you're describing the Toons, the "XXL" version of the Voltij. It's 4m and full of love!

Linkage: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/aeromod.concept/Toon_eng.htm

A couple videos of the Toons doing aerotow aerobatics: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/aeromod.conc...tm#Videos_Toon

There's even an EPP version of the Toons, called the MiniToons. Too cute! http://rcsoaringpictures.free.fr/images2/minitoons/

So there you have it!

Alan- nice to hear! I'll have to make sure to put some appropriately colored tape on mine so we can tell them apart when I come and visit

Steve
Dec 05, 2004, 11:06 PM
antipodean recalcitrant
Steve - good call on the Voltij and congrats on your first moldie. The Aeromod models have a great reputation and the Voltij in particular should be a lot of fun. I've seen the vids of those toons "dancing" to music...quite funny and impressive at the same time!

Anton
Dec 05, 2004, 11:17 PM
Piscine Promulgator
The Toons is a great airplane. It's so subversive of the whole large scale scene. Most gliders in the 4-5m range tend towards scale materpieces, with excrutiatingly detailed cockpits and attention to minutiae. Then you have the Toons. Hardly the paragon of "serious" anything!

The Voltij has some of that same flavor, but in a much smaller scale. It is definitely a "different" looking airplane but I have a tendency for such things (as my Waco Wacko appellation probably suggests). In any event, I'm hoping it will be a great flying plane--all the reports seem to indicate such. Thanks!

Steve
Last edited by surfimp; Dec 05, 2004 at 11:19 PM.
Dec 05, 2004, 11:45 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
OMG.... im at a loss for words....
Dec 05, 2004, 11:54 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
OMG.... im at a loss for words....
I assume you mean the Toons...just wait till you see the videos, if you haven't already

Steve
Dec 05, 2004, 11:57 PM
It could happen...
The Toons is the one Steve...and I just remembered that it was the Aeromod page that has the video clips...I'm certain you've seen them. At any rate, that Voltij is sweet. I'd be interested in one if I had the funds!
Dec 05, 2004, 11:59 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
i must have a TOON..... those video's were insane..

TELL me you saw the prodij flying downhill with the Benz chasing it?

JOe
Dec 06, 2004, 12:00 AM
I predict a Voltij explosion in California. I picked mine up from Tom a couple weeks ago, and he had one or two others that were being packed for shipping.

I won't get around to building mine until January, but I can't wait! She's orange and white and soooooo pretty!

The Toons would be awesome, but I wouldn't even want to think about shipping costs. And then there's all the ganged $ervo$...

Pete

Quick Reply