Aug 25, 2019, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaz44
If you're unlucky, you can play with these gains for hours, but it's still gonna shake. Fusion 270 and shaking just come together.
perhaps not, mine had the shakes, and I just did what everybody else did and reduced the cyclic D gain way down. Now it flies like a champ without any shakes or tip overs.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I have two with Spirit FBL's and neither one shakes at all. They are both very smooth. I do think the AR636 the BNF comes with is just not suited very well for the model.
Yes it's a problem with AR636. Spirit does solve it, but at what cost...
Aug 25, 2019, 05:15 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Yes it's a problem with AR636. Spirit does solve it, but at what cost...
I can see not wanting to spend the money to replace one. Many of us bought the ARF when it was on clearance for $129 USD. So we don't have the extra money in changing it over. The Spirit unit on mine cost $80 used. Servos for cyclic and tail total about $50.
Aug 26, 2019, 02:22 AM
A ok, I wasn't aware of the clearance. Then I should maybe say "Blade Fusion 270 BNF and shaking go together"..

Spirit is anyway good to get, just in case you want to built another heli. That's exactly what I'm doing now, so I ripped the Spirit out of Fusion and put AR636 back to it. Have to check yet how's the shaking now..
Sep 02, 2019, 10:15 PM
I fly one and like it a lot! I bought it used, with Zeal narrow chord cf blades fitted. It flew excellent and had zero issues on takeoff or in flight with those blades. I kind of dumb thumbed it in a few weeks back - only damage was main gear and main blades.
Now I have Lynx Oxy 3 plastic mains and have had to fiddle to get rid of some fast oscillation like a shudder. I lowered gain in the FM gyro page in my dx6. That improved matters a lot. I believe it is a case of matching the gains to the main blades used.
I now only have an occasional shudder but the heli is very capable for 3d. I like the tail - very precise.
It is confusing reading the manual because there is a governor in the esc. But, my understanding of governors such as Hobbywing & Castle is that the throttle curve setting just triggers a headspeed.. Blade seem to imply the user can adjust the head speeds by altering the throttle curve value a small amount.
Whichever.. I may need to tweak the PID gains to eliminate the shudder that kicks in now and then?
I also have some blade tracking inaccuracy - looks like about 1/4 inch out..
Sep 03, 2019, 01:54 PM
I spoke to a guy at HH today re the 270..
He wasn't super knowledgable because he was kind of reading the manual to advise me on tuning gains. His suggestion for curing an irregular fast shudder or oscillation was to try reducing the cyclic P gain via the telemetry of the dx6 which I will be trying later today.
If I get an improvement I will let you guys know!
He also confirmed that changing the tx throttle curve value even a small amount will actually change the governed headspeed correspondingly. Interesting! That's not possible on Hobbywing or Castle esc I dont think.. (??) I believe you have to set your three headspeeds in the esc programmer with Castle & traditional governed escs..
Last edited by BillyWhiz; Sep 03, 2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Clarity
Sep 03, 2019, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWhiz
I believe you have to set your three headspeed in the esc programmer.
The HS is set using a straight line TC as shown in the manual.
Sep 03, 2019, 02:47 PM

Ugly solution!

I haven't had any tip-over issues myself on take off with my f270, but I suggest doing something like in this pic if you experience problems either with setup, or nerves, or you have crashed and made repairs.. I have this stunning looking device for skids because, well, I broke the originals way back in a minor coming to earth.
More effective than the teeny stock skids albeit fuggly!!
I used the cable-tied cross member while I have been playing with headspeeds and PID gains.
Last edited by BillyWhiz; Sep 03, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
Sep 03, 2019, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyronut
I realize that, that wasn't my question. But HH say the h/s is continuously variable via the TC straight line value.. I question this because of the HUGE step up in TC values (45, 65, 75 from the manual) for the 3 flight modes! If the heli will take off at "45" TC value then how high are the 65 and 75 h/speeds?
For a normal governed esc like Castle etc the TC value simply switches between 3 pre programmable headspeeds.. same with Hobbywing escs..
We will get to the bottom of this!!
Last edited by BillyWhiz; Sep 03, 2019 at 02:59 PM.
Sep 03, 2019, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyronut
Sorry you misread, I was referring to Castle or HW escs in the statement you quoted from my post..
Sep 03, 2019, 03:00 PM
Heligamist
I bought a set of the Microheli Type A skids for my first 270. Been very happy with them as they are more stable than the stock ones as well as reinforced. They say the ESC on the Fusion 270 is set to some self-governing mode. I haven't looked inside it yet but I think it's running BLHeli.
Sep 03, 2019, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I bought a set of the Microheli Type A skids for my first 270. Been very happy with them as they are more stable than the stock ones as well as reinforced. They say the ESC on the Fusion 270 is set to some self-governing mode. I haven't looked inside it yet but I think it's running BLHeli.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bl heli firmware.
My query is whether fusion 270 h/speed is directly proportional to TC value ie fully variable in TX, as opposed to being a "three shelf or tier" approach as per Castle etc..?
Those governors just use the TC value to trigger the esc to move to the next higher h/s basically. Being a point or two out may not make any difference in Castle or Hobbywing escs. HH seem to state their governor is fully variable. In fact the manual states to change TC value in small amounts until desired h/s is achieved.
I have posted on HF to see if Brian B might be able to clarify. I'd love to know the stock headspeeds.
Sep 03, 2019, 05:30 PM
I have 2 HW esc - 120 and 130 - and both set the headspeed proportional to the thr. Same with Kontronik. Why would it be made different?
Sep 03, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote:
I have 2 HW esc - 120 and 130 - and both set the headspeed proportional to the thr. Same with Kontronik. Why would it be made different?
Brian Bremmer has explained on HF how the Blade Gov works. It is proportional but non linear.
I am certain when I set up my Castle Gov it had three available h/speeds which had to be "spread out" across the TC value range. There had to be a decent TC gap so the selection could be made. Never used a Kontronik..
Out of my price range!
Sep 04, 2019, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWhiz
Brian Bremmer has explained on HF how the Blade Gov works. It is proportional but non linear.
I am certain when I set up my Castle Gov it had three available h/speeds which had to be "spread out" across the TC value range. There had to be a decent TC gap so the selection could be made. Never used a Kontronik..
Out of my price range!
I think it's weird on Castle. Having HS specified by throttle makes it much easier to adjust it from the radio. Hobbywing works this way, same with Kontronik, Spirit gov... So nothing weird in Fusion there. It's still governing, thr just tells governor what HS you want.

Of course you have to measure HS to see what you get at the end. Telemetry is great, if no telemetry then there's a smartphone app to do this.

Quick Reply