Apr 17, 2018, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fmsmodel.com reviews

Tell ask about this shop?
So that people know where to buy or if it is legit to buy here!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2018, 06:38 AM
I ordered the Super Cub a month ago from FMS direct, received false shipping info, and never received the complete order!Currently I filed complaint with PayPal and my Credit Card company with documents proving my complaint. FMS and PayPal customer service was lousy where-as the Credit Card company issued a immediate refund while investigating my complaint. Basically I am done with ordering direct from FMS and will order only from US based companies and use PayPal for nickel dime orders!
Apr 08, 2019, 11:27 AM

my experience

I purchased an 1100mm Zero directly from FMS about a week before Christmas last year. To my surprise I got to spend Christmas Eve putting it together. Immediately I noticed several design flaws: wing was almost impossible to attach and the gun/air speed head pieces were to be attached in a weak way. Once attached to a battery a flap servo started whining, smoking and melting. FMS sent a new servo, never came, so they sent me another, and ultimately I did get both. The new servo would not work with the original one, so luckily getting two worked in my favor.
Of course the air speed head and its tiny foam cover came off during the maiden flight, obviously affecting the aerodynamics of the wing. No replacement for the foam part. FMS has no suggestions, and hasn't responded to my latest contact. And they blocked my honest review.
I had watched and wanted that plane for about two years. All I heard was how great FMS is. Not in my experience. I think I will stick with Parkzone and Eflite. Sorry for the long story but I had to get that off my chest.
May 23, 2019, 03:56 PM
I just got FMS 1300mm SBach from Horizon Hobby. The rudder was warped, the ailerons bent, all control surfaces severely flashed (sharp edges sticking up/down off the trailing edge, and there was significant damage from poor packaging.

It's sad because the plane looked great otherwise, but it is getting returned and I will likely not buy another FMS product.
May 26, 2019, 06:44 AM
Drone Collector
In my experience the later offerings from FMS are generally better than the earlier models. But problems like Musicman and Garcfield's still arise. And given the price (in the uk at least) of FMS stuff, its frankly not acceptable.

FMS make a stunning looking model when newly built, but the paint finish is mostly suspect, the servo's etc of dubious quality, and the mouldings occasionally warped. The FMS stuff i have owned/still own end up as 'Strip Queens' for display. As to actually fly them invites bits falling off and crappy retracts/U/C cowlings etc etc failing despite truly greased landings on tarmac. A classic example below with the P51-B.

Dynam imho are a better bet, and considerably cheaper. The 262 is a Dynam, and holds together really well.

Maybe not the glamour of the FMS stuff, but more suitable for long term ownership.
Last edited by Blade Runner 350; May 26, 2019 at 08:04 AM.
Aug 06, 2019, 07:49 PM

Nitro selling Airfield Planes again??

Did I just see an add where the crooks at Nitroplanes.com are selling Airfield planes again?? Of course, if anyone purchases ANYTHING from these crooks, beware, if you need a spare part for anything other than maybe stickers, forget it. They are the worst in the industry, bar none. JMHO through!!!

Quick Reply