Aug 01, 2021, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
The twisting that Rudix reports is caused by the gear leg itself twisting even though it is held in position by 3 set screws and the back up arm is also held by 3 set screws. I am going to use a tiny (less than 1/16) bit to provide a landing and binding spot for each of those screws after I straighten the axels out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudix
Yes, that will help, I made little "flats" for the screws to land on using a Dremel and that sorted out the problem.
Last time I flew her the CG was at 135mm but I want to move it even further back, she still feels nose-heavy and there is still a lot of lead in the nose.

On further inspection I realized that the entire landing gear hard stuff was NOT piano wire or any other known spring steel. So I mic'ed things and settled on 3/16 piano wire and have bent up new gear legs/mount parts and the rear brace. I still have to put the flats on that stuff to hold it in place, but there IS a difference!

As for Adgallman's question, I think the g-26 might be a bit wimpy for this plane. It comes out kind of heavy.

YMMV
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply