This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 16, 2018, 04:43 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
Discussion

Write your Congressman / Congresswoman

AMA is at it again...The believers will dutifully man their keyboards , assured that if they do so, all this darkness will go away..

-Fool me once , -shame on you... Fool me twice , shame on ME !

I don't have a Horse in this race anymore..I shunned the AMA and their promises of Insurance Coverage and a return to the innocence of yesterday's modeling .
AMA has no control whatsoever over what the FAA does , yet they still convince the unknowing public that their voice will change everything.

I can't join a Club without an AMA pass , so I'll fly with my friends on the farm.
Amazingly enough , the FAA doesn't care whether I have insurance as long as I register myself as a UAV Pilot...That's done, so I'm good to go..HEY ! -This may not be so bad after all !
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
What goes up must come down
I thought that the FAA had changed there minds and there was no need to register if you are a hobbyist.
only if you were doing commercial photography with a drone ?
Apr 17, 2018, 04:10 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
No you still have to register yourself...or stay registered , if you already are.. Mr Taylor's efforts , commendable as they were ,will soon be eliminated with this new 'push' by the FAA ...And this time , it will be permanent...180,000 people are such a little dot on Congress' radar that they will wash their hands of this at the next session...

You see-the fine upstanding citizens who refused to register on 'Principle' played an active role in depleting the numbers needed by AMA to carry significant weight... Of the 2 million folks flying any sort of small aircraft , I'm guessing that only about one fourth of them are names at FAA's Registry.

There's a 'Revolution' of sorts in the industry , with all the established companies failing to keep afloat for one reason or another...I just saw this morning's news that 'Hatori' a muffler / pipe manufacturer , is closing up shop the 26th of this month .
Last edited by epoxyearl; Apr 17, 2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply