Sep 24, 2019, 02:49 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I can’t help you there.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2019, 12:46 PM
Spoilerons work pretty good, but when your setting them up, and the first few flights, you have to get them dialed in so the plane wont bank as any little deviation in the ailerons will make it bank. I use Spektrum so it's easy to program, but not sure about your radio.
Oct 03, 2019, 04:38 PM

controller - motor problem

I have a new Tori, built stock as received from Tower. It has maybe a dozen flights on it. Today on 1st attempt to fly the rimfire motor would not rotate. It would just sort of chatter anytime I would advance the throttle. All control surfaces worked fine. 3S battery is fully charged. Switched everything off. changed to another fully charged battery and after a couple of throttle advances it started working and I flew with it 3 or 4 climb outs then the problem reappeared during flight but I landed without a problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Oct 03, 2019, 04:56 PM
Check esc to motor wire connections and make sure their tight, plus make sure each connection is taped with electrical tape as the connections can short if too close to each other. Also check esc motor timing and frequency and the motor brake should be turned on in the esc.
Oct 03, 2019, 04:56 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Check the bullet connectors between the motor and ESC. a loose connection will cause that.
Oct 03, 2019, 06:39 PM
all great suggestions, thanks for the advice
Oct 05, 2019, 04:24 PM

Wing joiner

Kind of interesting, I cant find anywhere in any threads about the wing joiner being 3 pieces and there is nothing in the manual about it either, except that in the picture it looks to be one piece and the same with the directions. So, I think they forgot to glue mine together and it consists of 2 pieces of ply with one piece of aluminum (I think it's aluminum), but it's no big deal as I will just epoxy the wing joiner together like I think it's supposed to be, then let it cure and epoxy the wing together as directed.
Oct 05, 2019, 05:08 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhk750
Kind of interesting, I cant find anywhere in any threads about the wing joiner being 3 pieces and there is nothing in the manual about it either, except that in the picture it looks to be one piece and the same with the directions. So, I think they forgot to glue mine together and it consists of 2 pieces of ply with one piece of aluminum (I think it's aluminum), but it's no big deal as I will just epoxy the wing joiner together like I think it's supposed to be, then let it cure and epoxy the wing together as directed.
Mine was three pieces too.

I used 30 minute epoxy and glued the pieces together and into the wing at the same time. Easy enough to do all at once....
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Oct 05, 2019, 05:17 PM
Ok, thanks, it seems normal then.
Oct 05, 2019, 08:50 PM
Mine was one peice
Oct 06, 2019, 09:13 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I had to glue mine together. I used medium CA and it worked fine. Keep in mind, that joint is under no strain. Also, I kept my wing 2 piece and it’s working great.
Oct 06, 2019, 10:54 PM
I just epoxied it all together tonight, it all seems to look good so far, almost ready to fly in a while.
Oct 09, 2019, 09:13 PM
Looks good, no issues so far.
Oct 15, 2019, 08:59 AM

Motor Chatter-problem solved

The bullet connectors between ESC and motor were very close together. Although insulated I found a tiny gap in the connector insulation. Wrapped all three with electrical tape. Now motor work fine.
Oct 15, 2019, 09:51 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Just for what it's worth. Last week I was out flying in an informal contest with a friend that happens to have a 2 piece wing Tori. He did as I did and didn't glue in the dihederal brace. He pulled several tight loops with it at a level low enough for us to get a good look. No wing flex was observed at all and it was just as stiff when he brought it back as it had been before. I wouldn't bother gluing the wing halves together. It's just not necessary..... That is unless you just like a one piece wing. It sure is easier to store and transport as a 2 piece wing.

Quick Reply