Apr 16, 2018, 08:45 AM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
New Product

FrSky New Arrival - Taranis X-Lite Compact Transmitter Release!

DESCRIPTION
Get ahead of the curve with the next game changing transmitter from FrSky, the Taranis X-Lite. This revolutionary radio blends the functionality and reliability of FrSky Transmitters with a compact Game-Style controller.The X-Lite is ergonomically designed, featuring 4 switches and 2 sliders, which means you can still fly your Fixed-wing models as well multirotors and helicopters. Compact in size means you can take it virtually anywhere. It features a Haptic Vibration Feedback System along with the voice and sound alert warnings.The X-Lite has the smoothest control possible with the pre-installed high precision M12 Lite hall sensor gimbals. The easy to access battery bay allows for quick, worry free battery swaps. The X-Lite runs on the familiar OpenTX software and the model memory is expandable with the addition of your own micro SD card. Like all of our new transmitters it has a wireless feature that lets you link up wirelessly to other FrSky radios for training, additionally it can link up to the FrSky FreeLink App for monitoring telemetry and configuring receivers.Long range is an option with the support of the upcoming R9M Lite 915/868MHz module. Other features include Receiver Match, Real-Time Flight Data Logging and Super Low Latency for competitive flying. Overall this Radio has all the features of its predecessors in a smaller package at an unprecedented value.
Name: X-lite-黑.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 171.1 KB
Description: Name: X-lite-红.jpg
Views: 32
Size: 97.4 KB
Description:

SPECIFICATION
  • Number of Channels: 16 channels
  • Weight: 308g/ 376g (with battery)
  • Operating Voltage Range: 6.0 ~ 8.4V
  • Operating Current: [email protected]
  • Operating Temperature: -20 ~ 60℃
  • Backlight LCD resolution : 128*64
  • Model Memory: 60 models (extendible by Micro/TF card)

FEATURES
  • Ergonomic and compact design
  • M12 Lite gimbal
    ✧ High accuracy hall sensor gimbal
    ✧ Mode conversion adjustments accessible without disassembly
    ✧ CNC machined gimbal pedestal
  • High-speed internal and external module digital interface
    ✧ Internal: 450K, External: 420K
    ✧ Super low latency (Total latency < 20ms, lowest to 12ms)
    ✧ Compatible with new lite type external modules (R9M Lite, MPM Lite, etc.)
  • Installed open source operating system– OpenTX
  • Haptic vibration alerts and voice speech outputs (Headset jack and inbuilt speaker)
  • Internal antenna and external antenna connector
  • 128*64 outdoor readable backlight LCD
  • Smart Port, Headset jack, Micro SD card slot and Micro USB Port (*Charging function unsupported.)
  • Easily accessible battery compartment, uses replaceable 18500 Li-ion batteries (*Batteries Not Included)(*Battery Information: Flat Top / Height: 50mm / Diameter: 18mm)
  • * Wireless function (Optional)
    ✧ Compatible with FrSky Free Link App
    ✧ Support wireless trainer system
    (* Need additional parts or order specific model)

Promotional Price (Tax Excluded): 129 US$
FrSky Website Link: https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/taranis-x-lite/
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Oct 17, 2018 at 01:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 07:14 PM
I am first
Apr 17, 2018, 01:25 AM
There's already a RCG thread for this radio here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Taranis-ELite
Apr 17, 2018, 06:38 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Yes, but this thread is a product announcement, made by the company, in their own vendor sub forum. Why should they care about any other number of threads that anyone else may have started?
Apr 17, 2018, 09:21 AM
Why do you have a problem if I let people who see this thread know that there is one in existence already? They can refer to it, or not, as they please.
Apr 17, 2018, 09:31 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
I don't have a problem with that. Why do you have a problem with a vendor creating a post in their own subforum about one of their new products, despite other threads already have been created by other people?
Apr 17, 2018, 10:03 AM
I don't.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:42 AM
KF6HLN
Very exciting, I wonder if it is as small as it looks? It has always been a secret bother to me why our radios are as large as they are. This is personal preference not gospel, but they are such a huge handful and have been that way for years. Look forward to holding one of these in my hands. I'll be curious to see if any big names out there begin to fly with this. Stew/UAVFutures flew the Turnigy Evolution awhile back.

It looks very very promising!

Two questions though, 1st, it says compatible with the "Lite type modules", is this the JR style module? It will have to be Crossfire compatible for me to consider as that is a deal breaker for me.
2nd, does it have the hi speed inverter that the Taranis has? As opposed to the slow one the QX-7 and I think Horrus radios have? (The ones that require you to disassemble and solder in a faster inverter to be compatible?)

EDIT: Looking over the R9M module on the website; it looks like a traditional module size from what I can see. Not sure what the "lite module" is referring to...
Last edited by ThomasCee; Apr 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM.
Apr 17, 2018, 01:38 PM
FJH
FJH
The "Lite module" is yet to come and will not be JR style (as is the R9M). Also spec data still unknown.
Apr 17, 2018, 03:31 PM
KF6HLN
Interesting on the "lite module". Hmmm, interesting...

I'm partially just letting an opinion that would affect buying be floated out there. Crossfire is important to alot of people including myself. Not everybody, but they do have a large following. Cutting them out will certainly cut me out.
Apr 17, 2018, 06:00 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
I’m pulling this here from the other thread to show the module lite.

May 14, 2018, 02:01 AM
This is the R9M Lite module thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Taranis-X-Lite
Sep 19, 2018, 09:30 PM
Leo

Taranis X-Lite DIY Spring unLoaded

Coolest gamers radio transmitter. ..

FrSky Taranis X-LITE Unbox. How to Change Spring Loaded? Banggood (10 min 2 sec)
Last edited by diydrone; Sep 19, 2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply