Apr 14, 2018, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

16:9 Camera with OSD incl crosshair

Been playing with Inav for a while and I am leaning towards a preference of wings without it, as I am not into long range missions. I feel more connected without an FC and no need to lug a laptop to make trivial changes.

I have a Foxeer Monster V2 1200 TVL with battery voltage display on one of my non-inav wings. It is great and I much prefer it to a lower resolution 4:3 CCD camera. However I do miss Inav's crosshair as it makes flying through gaps far easier for me.

Does anyone know of a 16:9 camera, 1000-1200 TVL that also includes a crosshair option in the OSD?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2018, 12:07 AM
Control... Control... CRASH!
I haven't seen a camera with a crosshair but what do I know? Probably better off putting an osd on board. Something like (or exactly like ) a MICRO Minim osd. I think it has a crosshair? Anyway these little guys are pretty easy to set up and and it gets you just about anything you want on the screen in front of you.
Apr 15, 2018, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
I have a mini osd on my S800 but it only has battery voltage.

Can you please point me to the one you are referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseng
I haven't seen a camera with a crosshair but what do I know? Probably better off putting an osd on board. Something like (or exactly like ) a MICRO Minim osd. I think it has a crosshair? Anyway these little guys are pretty easy to set up and and it gets you just about anything you want on the screen in front of you.
Apr 15, 2018, 02:38 PM
Looks like this -> https://www.amazon.com/LHI-Micro-Min.../dp/B0135SMR72

You can get them cheaper from Ebay, or others.

There are several ways to configure them. I use MWOSD. The software cost like a couple bucks I think.
https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scarab-osd/wiki

Note that this is not the easiest OSD to get running but the cheapest IMO. And to be honest when I use them on wings it's mainly for voltage, timer, RSSI and sometimes miliamps. Simple stuff but very nice (IMO important for FPV) to have onscreen. There are other options out there that include GPS and other stuff. Google is your friend!
Last edited by moseng; Apr 15, 2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Apr 15, 2018, 10:44 PM
Thread OP
Thanks but I watched currykittens tutorial and thought you've got to be kidding me.
FPV Tutorial: Setting up the MicroMinimOSD as a standalone OSD (no flight controller) (20 min 0 sec)

Did I just step back ten years. Way too much mucking around as I already have voltage. I thought it would be easier to install a 20x20 F3 inav board simply for the OSD and bypass it for the actual flying. And I am not doing that.

So I ended up doing this on my foxeer monster V2. Simple solution for a simple issue. As a bonus he even uses it on a TBRC wing but I have the Apex V2 I guess we needed the same thing for exactly the same reason.

FPV Cam HS1177 "Hack - Tip (5 min 49 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseng
Looks like this -> https://www.amazon.com/LHI-Micro-Min.../dp/B0135SMR72

You can get them cheaper from Ebay, or others.

There are several ways to configure them. I use MWOSD. The software cost like a couple bucks I think.
https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scarab-osd/wiki

Note that this is not the easiest OSD to get running but the cheapest IMO. And to be honest when I use them on wings it's mainly for voltage, timer, RSSI and sometimes miliamps. Simple stuff but very nice (IMO important for FPV) to have onscreen. There are other options out there that include GPS and other stuff. Google is your friend!
Apr 16, 2018, 02:14 PM
Yeah, but once you set up a couple it isn't too bad. And like I said, I want things like RSSI since I fly different "unknown" spots and it's nice to know when I'm a little to far out. For what you want the camera hack is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply