Sep 17, 2018, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindenis
Hello Arizona count me in. Totally psyched to see that fellow Californians Clif and Mario who I just flew with at the Cascadia will be there. I'm really looking forward to the 'open desert' flying experience. See you in November!
Kevin Collins
Unlike the “Southern folks” we travel in both directions!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2018, 12:12 PM
Charles Martin
Thread OP

Flyoffs

I've scratched the idea of flyoffs for all. The days are too short, and we'll have one round with 10 pilots.

Flyoffs will start right after lunch on Sunday and are expected to take about an hour. We should be all done around 1:30 pm.

Last edited by BavarianCharles; Oct 24, 2018 at 02:18 PM.
Oct 15, 2018, 06:35 PM
usaf3kteam
Should be nice not to dusty raining three weeks in a row sweet.
Oct 16, 2018, 07:57 AM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge
Bring your flip-flops and swim trunks

Charlie
Oct 16, 2018, 10:04 PM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
So my last glider is now in for repairs. I'll most likely not be able to make this event, depending on how long it takes me to get some new epoxy up here in Flag to fix the wing.
Oct 17, 2018, 10:31 PM
Old Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge
The way the weather has been going here in Green Valley, the field may be underwater! It's almost like good ol' Seattle weather has followed me to Arizona. Temperatures are 20 degrees below normal, and we've had something like 9 inches of rain so far in October. That's my "welcome to Arizona," I guess. Incredible!

Waid
Oct 17, 2018, 10:32 PM
Old Buzzard
I'm looking for advice on the smoothest (least bumpy) route into the field for towing a travel trailer. I'll be driving in on I-10 from the south.

Thanks,
Waid
Oct 18, 2018, 02:05 AM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGear
I'm looking for advice on the smoothest (least bumpy) route into the field for towing a travel trailer. I'll be driving in on I-10 from the south.

Thanks,
Waid
Drive very slow on Toltec cheers.
Oct 18, 2018, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
Based on rankings after the prelims, the top 1/3 will form the Gold Flyoff Group, the middle 1/3 will find themselves in Silver, and the remaining pilots will make up the Bronze Group. 4 rounds in each group, with a 2 minute break between rounds.

Medals for the top 3 in each group. Prelim scores will not be carried over into the flyoffs.

Flyoffs will start with the Bronze Group right after lunch and will take 2 hours. We should be all done around 1:40 pm.

A little more convolution?

Why don’t you use a tournament format with the winners of the three fly one more task with the winner going to the fly offs? RJ5?
Oct 18, 2018, 03:11 PM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallian
A little more convolution?

Why don’t you use a tournament format with the winners of the three fly one more task with the winner going to the fly offs? RJ5?
Huh?

Charlie
Oct 18, 2018, 03:32 PM
Charles Martin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGear
I'm looking for advice on the smoothest (least bumpy) route into the field for towing a travel trailer. I'll be driving in on I-10 from the south. Thanks, Waid
Like George wrote - follow the instructions from post #1, and drive slowly on Toltec Road. It's only a few miles.

Drive really slow once you exit Toltec and travel on dirt. We don't want to kick up a lot of dust. It only takes a few minutes to reach the field.

Oct 18, 2018, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy
Huh?

Charlie
Kidding! Kind of a Liberal everyone gets a prize jab.
Oct 22, 2018, 08:54 PM
Charles has informed me that the use of the Concept x5 is not permitted during this event. So I will be flying my Snipe and a really funny looking low wing "Snipe" with x5 graphics on it cuz I like the looks of them. Sooo if he asks.....its a snipe;-)
I look forward to seeing ya'll!
Oct 22, 2018, 09:41 PM
Charles Martin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete ulibarri
Charles has informed me that the use of the Concept x5 is not permitted during this event. So I will be flying my Snipe and a really funny looking low wing "Snipe" with x5 graphics on it cuz I like the looks of them. Sooo if he asks.....its a snipe;-) I look forward to seeing ya'll!
Go ahead and fly your CX-5nipe, provided the wing is mounted on top of the fuselage and the stab on the bottom. And launch left-handed.

Oct 23, 2018, 07:23 PM
Matt Haugh
I just registered and paid for Owen and myself.
Team F3KAOS is ready to rumble.

-Matt Haugh

Quick Reply