Pink death - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 15, 2018, 07:41 PM
Slope Stud
Update:

I was busy most of the day but found an hour or two build.
I figure I should take a pic or 2 before it gets too dark.

Mike did make it by and has urged me to forget about PINK DEATH and go for KILLER CARBON.....
carbon fuse, carbon wings and carbon tails.
He has a point the tails and canopy are made from the same carbon I used in the wing reinforcements and the fuse from the other type so it blends together well.
Don't mind the tail roots they are curing so they can be removable.

What do you guy think?

Oranator
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2018, 10:13 PM
Nice! Good call on the carbon fuse!
Apr 16, 2018, 01:23 AM
Beautiful!

I love the high aspect ratio and high taper ratio. Should fly as good as it looks.

Kenneth
Apr 16, 2018, 11:28 AM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc
Nice job I still have a couple garage sale fuses
Do you need any wings (cores or bagged)?
Tails (cores or bagged)?

If so send me a PM.

Oranator
Apr 16, 2018, 04:22 PM
Slope Stud
Got a little time this morning to work and made a tool to cut the smileys and when I went to put the drive pins in the wings they were to short to fit.
Cutting the smileys has ALWAYS been difficult for me but I got it done, just a little bigger than I would like. Drive pins in and had to go all the way to the LE the good news is that they will be strong.
Decided to shoot he fuse and canopy with a clear coat... looks good I will post some completed pictures later today.
The wind is blowing hard here at the house..

Oranator
Apr 16, 2018, 08:35 PM
Slope Stud
OK shes done 14.25 ozs.
As I look at her I think it would be a thrill to fly but I need a transmission too........ I am at the point of putting in the servos and I have to decide to sell it as is or build it out fly it a couple of times and then sell it. The problem with that is the extra cost of the servos which will raise the cost and might be harder to sell.

Decisions,Decisions,Decisions.

Do you guys think $350 is a good price?

Either way here are some more pictures.

Oranator
Apr 16, 2018, 11:31 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
The problem with Oran's builds is that if you're two days late to the show, the fireworks are already over. ��

Good show, Oran!

-= Dave
Apr 17, 2018, 11:52 AM
Slope Stud
Want a plane you can hike up a hill....
I put the wings and tails back in the beds and taped them up and the fuse with the wing rod and tail pins sits on top nicely.

OK I think I am just going to set it aside until I decide what to do with her and move on to another.

Found a carbon rotor fuse in the shed, I am going to start another thread..

Carbon Rotor Build

Oranator
Last edited by ORANATOR; Apr 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM.
Apr 17, 2018, 02:32 PM
Old newb
Answer your phone!!! Or text me back.....
Apr 18, 2018, 02:56 PM
check for reversed controls
Hi Oran, sounds​ like last time u flew was when I was there. Keep it on trucking.. I mean biking.
Al
Apr 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
Slope Stud
Trouble paradise.

Last night my son asked me why I made the wing upside down..
WHAT???
Sure enough when I set the brass wing tubes I did the old way of making slots into the foam and gluing them in making sure things are straight and level, I layed them on the table and let them set which has given me....
Anhedral

Looks like 3/8" so now I will build it and see how she flys Who knows maybe I will start a trend...
"it's for racing"
Anhedral or not it's still 1 sexy plane.

Oranator
Apr 18, 2018, 05:18 PM
Oh man that's rough. I have an upside down wing in the garage but luckily it was just painted upside down...

You could take those wings and use them for a P.S.S that uses anhedral?

Justin
- who found a real, but pretty laid back job repairing canoes & paddle boards & assisting ladies with their life jackets

p.s. thx for the composite tutorials over the years Oran, came in handy
Apr 18, 2018, 08:39 PM
No fuse too fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
Trouble paradise.

Last night my son asked me why I made the wing upside down..
WHAT???
Sure enough when I set the brass wing tubes I did the old way of making slots into the foam and gluing them in making sure things are straight and level, I layed them on the table and let them set which has given me....
Anhedral

Looks like 3/8" so now I will build it and see how she flys Who knows maybe I will start a trend...
"it's for racing"
Anhedral or not it's still 1 sexy plane.

Oranator
Saw it in half and glass it up again. No big deal! Fiberglass is the most forgiving building material ever.

And I'm diggin the plane!

EDIT:
Just realized you said, wing tubes, cuz this is a wingeron (or pitcheron)? Well, still could be fixed. But I'm thinking that the anhedral is not going to make much difference.

Lovin the build!
Last edited by slopeiron; Apr 18, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
Apr 18, 2018, 09:24 PM
It's not going to build itself
I tried to drill out a brass wing tube once, as the bit spun around inside and heated up, the brass tube melted the epoxy and it slid out with the bit. I replaced my tube with a new one in the same hole.
You would still need to redrill your tube holes to get the right dihedral. Maybe trough it out from the bottom. After patching, paint a stripe. You could just go bold, and try the anhedral.
Latest blog entry: Some vids

Quick Reply