Pink death - RC Groups
Apr 14, 2018, 01:34 PM
Slope Stud
Discussion

Pink death

PINK DEATH

Hi my name is Oran and I am an addict (slope addict) it's been 6 months since I last flew and 10 months since I last built something.

We all go through dry spells when we don't fly or build as much whether it's family, work or some other outside issue. I have had my ups and downs but mine have been getting longer periods between, a couple of years ago I got my motorcycle (1944 Indian) running again after a 10 year lapse and I would chose to ride rather tan building or flying.
My bike has been down now for 2 months waiting on a new transmission which are hand built and you just can't go out and buy them. I could just buy one off the shelf and be riding in a few days but I am waiting on a custom 4 speed that will give me the ability to split lanes @ 80+ mph

Back to PINK DEATH:

I got a call last week from one of my local addicts ( I am a slope pusher) that needed a plane so I went to the shed and found a box of 4 shrikes fusees, bagged wings and carbon tails that I made last year and never did anything with.
Sold him a plane and it got my building juices flowing... hence PINK DEATH.

PINK DEATH = crazy fast pink and carbon plane and the balls to fly it!

Oranator
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2018, 01:36 PM
Go Oran, Go!
Apr 14, 2018, 02:48 PM
It's time for me to fly
Nice. Looks fast (faster than the Indian? )
Does that lasagna noodle go in the layup?
Apr 14, 2018, 02:52 PM
Cool to see you got the bike going.. Plane looks like its gonna be crazy fast nice A.R.
Apr 14, 2018, 03:44 PM
It's not going to build itself
Narrow tips and sexy planform!!
Nice that you’re back!
Latest blog entry: Some vids
Apr 14, 2018, 04:26 PM
Nice Oran! Those high aspect wings look fast. Maybe you can get a shotgun scabbard to carry the pink death on your motor.

More speed needs more stop. Hope those drum brakes can handle the extra speed.
Apr 14, 2018, 04:40 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Dang sexy is right!
Apr 14, 2018, 07:03 PM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT
Nice. Looks fast (faster than the Indian? )
Does that lasagna noodle go in the layup?
That's kevlar for the LE.

Oranator
Apr 14, 2018, 07:08 PM
Slope Stud
Update,
The wings are now in the bag, I got a little creative with the reinforcements. I had some scraps from work and if you have $100 per yard carbon you should not hide inside the layup, if this works it will have different carbon types visible.
Hope it turns out.

Oranator
Apr 14, 2018, 07:54 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Sooo...how much for a short kit? I just mailed off more than my life savings to the "tax man" and am seeking further debt.

Just what is that small tool, with wooden handle and thumbscrew type claps, to the right of the bag?
Apr 14, 2018, 09:20 PM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
Sooo...how much for a short kit? I just mailed off more than my life savings to the "tax man" and am seeking further debt.

Just what is that small tool, with wooden handle and thumbscrew type claps, to the right of the bag?
That's a roller used in printing to spread ink, it's firm rubber and I wet out glass and carbon with it and I roller it over the cores when they are in the bag.

Short kit.....
I need to buy a transmission, if the price is right you can have a long kit, lets see how these wings turn out tomorrow.

Oranator
Apr 15, 2018, 11:09 AM
Slope Stud
Fresh from the bag.

I really like the way the transition from the 2 types of carbon turned out.
The TE needs to be trimmed back a good 3/4 inch to really see what it's going to look like.

Oranator

PINK RAZOR BLADES of DEATH
Apr 15, 2018, 11:26 AM
Looking really good Oran!!! Keep up the good work!! Glad to see you building again!!
Apr 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike frandsen
Looking really good Oran!!! Keep up the good work!! Glad to see you building again!!
When you coming over?
Oran's Hobby Heaven is open for business.
Apr 15, 2018, 04:15 PM
pnc
pnc
Nice job I still have a couple garage sale fuses

Quick Reply