Pulsar 2E Pulsar Ultra Lite Electric ARF Sailplane - RC Groups

Pulsar 2E Pulsar Ultra Lite Electric ARF Sailplane

Esprit Model has the new Pulsar 2E in stock and it's a looker. This version is based on the Pulsar 2000 M and features a built up D-box design made from balsa and plywood.

Splash

New Pulsar For Light Lift

Esprit Model has the new Pulsar 2E in stock and it's a looker. This version is based on the Pulsar 2000 M and features a built up D-box design made from balsa and plywood. The wing and tail section is covered with transparent Ultracote by hand so you can see the wing structure underneath and appreciate the quality of the work by the builders. The fuse is made from 2.4Ghz friendly gel-coated fiberglass with kevlar reinforcements for strength.

The Pulsar 2E Ultra Lite is an ARF that you'll need to do the final assembly and electronics install on. One nice feature is that the control surfaces are all pre-hinged with kevlar tape that will make finishing the model quick and easy. All up, this sailplane should weigh in around 19-23oz which should yield fantastic performance in light lift conditions.

Check out the Pulsar 2E Pulsar Ultra Lite Electric ARF Sailplane Here

Specifications:

• Wingspan - 76.75" (1950mm)
  • Length - 47" (1195mm)
  • Airfoil - AG 25 mod
  • Wing Area - 480 sq.in. (31 sg.dm)
  • Wing Loading - 5.5-7 oz/sq.ft. (17-21 g/sg.dm)
  • Empty Weight - 0.5 oz. (295g)
  • All Up Weight - 19-23oz (535-650g)

Apr 13, 2018, 12:08 PM
RCGroups Editor
I've always loved the Pulsar line. this one looks like a real winner, too.
Apr 13, 2018, 06:03 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
No carbon/Kevlar d-box?!?!

Very nicely priced though!
Latest blog entry: R.I.P. (rest in pieces)
Apr 13, 2018, 10:45 PM
Soar high, huck low
Pretty plane. I love my 3.2 meter FH version. I bet it floats like a bubble.
Apr 14, 2018, 03:14 AM
I see this as a sign they prepare starting a F3-RES version... the assault to destroy this class has begun
Apr 14, 2018, 10:07 AM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Pretty plane. I love my 3.2 meter FH version. I bet it floats like a bubble.
With this I am sure
Empty Weight - 0.5 oz.
Apr 14, 2018, 02:10 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
With this I am sure
Empty Weight - 0.5 oz.

I saw these planes at the RC model show....
why do they look and feel sooo brittle?

for this much money and the technology these days,
can't they make a much more 'less flimsy' version?
I know they perform well, but one bad landing its its tooth picks all over the field.

This is why I've been hesitant over the years in buying "professional" E-sailplanes.
Foam/molded lightweight dense plastics' planes these days can go just as fast, and travel much further now because
the ability to hold sooo much capacity in batteries.

There are foam/plastic planes that glide faster then with the powerON
Last edited by rclab1; Apr 14, 2018 at 06:32 PM.
Apr 14, 2018, 04:19 PM
AMA 7224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
I saw these planes at the RC model show....
why do they look and feel sooo brittle?..........
I own a few of these sailplanes. They are not brittle and will take more pounding than you think. Unless of course you are a completely ham fisted glider driver. A number of mine are 10 +years old with lots of contest work on them and they are still in fine fettle.
Latest blog entry: Phoenix Models 90" J-3
Apr 15, 2018, 02:20 PM
It's like a flying spear lol
Apr 15, 2018, 02:53 PM
No ideea for other versions, but 2.5m electric fuselage is indeed brittle, cracked gelcoat on mine only by grasping him too tightly in a launch more vigorous than average. Just two fingers...
Apr 15, 2018, 04:27 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
No ideea for other versions, but 2.5m electric fuselage is indeed brittle, cracked gelcoat on mine only by grasping him too tightly in a launch more vigorous than average. Just two fingers...
You cracked Kevlar fuselage? What are they feeding you in Romania?

I have 5 pulsars now and have had over 20 over the years, I have never ever cracked any yet.
Neither seen any cracked yet, unless somebody crashes it straight to the ground.

Zb/Esprit
Apr 15, 2018, 09:27 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
I see this as a sign they prepare starting a F3-RES version... the assault to destroy this class has begun
As a member of both the crappy builders club and fliers with little children I hope they do come out with a competitive ARF. I have an X-RES that probably will always remain an unfinished center section.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Apr 20, 2018, 04:53 AM
Learning to crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
With this I am sure
Empty Weight - 0.5 oz.
No biggie and probably a typo, but empty weight is not .5 oz? 295 grams is 10.4 ozs. Lovely plane just like all the pulsars. Woukd love to see a 2m RES or flap version.
Apr 20, 2018, 07:10 AM
I love my electric 3.2 REF and 2.5 FH and REF. All three from Esprit.
I have abused my 2.5 more than I should and its shows no signs of wear or damage at all. They are much tougher than you would think.
Last edited by mark426; Apr 20, 2018 at 07:23 AM.
Apr 20, 2018, 07:35 AM
Learning to crash
Same here. Love flying my 3.1 Gracia. Need a sweet 2m besides my Radian to go with it.

Quick Reply