Apr 15, 2018, 05:02 AM
I've used MKS servos too in my F3X planes, some servos are failed down from unknow reason (flaps, ailerons, elevator)
My personal experience : JR or Futaba servos are more trusted servos.
Last edited by cianokol; Apr 15, 2018 at 10:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2018, 04:00 PM
F3F addict
I´m using MKS servos since many years and Í have had one 6125 mini that burned down.
And a 6625HV with a stripped gear after a heavy crash.

I put the healthy gearset from the 6125 into the 6625 and it works fine again.

Out of 16 MKS Servos in total only one lost over the years ... I guess I have been lucky with MKS in the past.

For this season I will try KST servos again because of the price difference.
Will see how that turns out!

(btw, I'm not sponsored by anyone)
Apr 16, 2018, 05:24 AM
I have seen so many Pilots loosing there Planes (or not able to Launch, because the Transmitter beeped for RX-Low-voltage) because of an issue with there MKS 6125-Servos, that I never tried them while the LowVolt times.

While we changed to HighVolt i had 0 Fails on around 32 pcs. JR (179/189).

As they where stronger i bought 8 pcs. MKS 6625. One of them stopped working after around 8 hours Airtime. The Replace (German distributor) cost me another 90 €.

MKS is again history for me. Its not worth the Price.
Actuilly i assemble KST. Till the last 2 Years with 20 pcs. no issues.

Tobias Reik
(not sponsored by anyone)

P.S.: I don't think MKS cares about this Tread. They make there money not with the accessoiries of our toys. We are only a "nice to have".
Apr 16, 2018, 08:36 PM
MKSservosUSA.com would like to let you know that we do care about our customers and have worked very hard to look after our customers in our territory.

This “Vendor Forum” area was created by RC Groups and the moderators thought it would be best to have one area for anything MKS. (Notice that this forum represents many different manufacturers.)

I hope you also see that we have kept this thread unedited, all we ask is to keep it clean and please, no need for name calling.

We have spoken with the team at Mark Star, the owners of MKS, who also care about their customers and are working hard to create a stronger gear that is better suited for the demands that F3F brings.
Once any update is available, we will share these details here.

I am sorry to hear of the lack of after-sales support in some countries and have shared your disappointment directly with Mark Star.

If you have any constructive questions, please feel free to post here or PM me and we will work thru them.
Regards,
MKSservosUSA.com
Apr 17, 2018, 02:37 PM
F3B
When was this sub forum created and was it someone from mks that asked the rcgroups mods to move the post? Your post implies that rcgroups decided to created the forum and move the thread off their own back.

It would have been nicer for the thread to stay on f3x where people would actually have seen it. As every servo mentioned was a glider servo.
Apr 22, 2018, 09:21 PM
F3B
When is the 6130 thread getting moved to this 'anything mks' sub forum?
May 08, 2018, 09:05 PM
I've used 6100's, 6125's 6125 mini's and 6130's in various F3J sailplanes. All have worked perfectly. I'm extremely satisfied with MKS servos !
Jun 23, 2018, 09:29 AM
KC6ZZS
Yes, I'm a sponsored MKS pilot. If I have an issue with something that I believe is a problem with the product, I expect MKS to fix it in their next revision to that particular servo. And they do. If I keep flying their servos, it means I'm pretty happy with their product. There are other good brands like JR and Futaba, and they are all tight and center well. But I like the way MKS addresses sailplane wing mounting options.

Issues? Not really. I had one that was DOA and it was promptly replaced. Had another one burn up during install, but that was my fault when I hooked it up with reversed polarity (how dumb was that?). Replaced one stripped gear in the last 3 years of flying MKS. Sorry, thats to be expected in F3J where you dive a $3K plane into the dirt on every "landing". I don't always get the flaps up every time and it puts a great load on the gear train. And thats just the initial impact shock. Dragging extended flaps during a flat landing is even worse. I have new planes arriving soon and they will be outfitted with MKS servos (6110's and 6130's). Sponsorship is irrelevant since I still pay for them and I can use any brand of servo that I want (multiple sponsorships).

If anyone has repetitive problems with any servo, let the MKS distributor know about it. But also take a hard look at what you're doing with your servos. Crashes and hard landings (which would be classified as a crash by spectators watching an F3J contest) will strip gears. 20 years ago it was common to replace gears at a contest. Now it is so rare, I probably don't remember how to do it

Ben Clerx
Feb 10, 2019, 05:52 AM

Mks hbl 380

I use 8 MKS 380 on my demonstrator 120 cc...

1 burn out on flight
1 when i put my finger on the surface, the servo can't move and get very hot.

A friend mine was flying his EF extra 300 v1 and 8 MKS 380, and the servo just freeze on flight...

These airplanes had 50 flights max.

Too expensive servo and too much problem.

I'm thinking to buy futaba 9177 HV and never go back to MKS.

i tryed to send email to MKS, but no response at all.

GL with MKS servos.
Feb 11, 2019, 05:02 AM
F3B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Clerx
Yes, I'm a sponsored MKS pilot. If I have an issue with something that I believe is a problem with the product, I expect MKS to fix it in their next revision to that particular servo. And they do. If I keep flying their servos, it means I'm pretty happy with their product. There are other good brands like JR and Futaba, and they are all tight and center well. But I like the way MKS addresses sailplane wing mounting options.

Issues? Not really. I had one that was DOA and it was promptly replaced. Had another one burn up during install, but that was my fault when I hooked it up with reversed polarity (how dumb was that?). Replaced one stripped gear in the last 3 years of flying MKS. Sorry, thats to be expected in F3J where you dive a $3K plane into the dirt on every "landing". I don't always get the flaps up every time and it puts a great load on the gear train. And thats just the initial impact shock. Dragging extended flaps during a flat landing is even worse. I have new planes arriving soon and they will be outfitted with MKS servos (6110's and 6130's). Sponsorship is irrelevant since I still pay for them and I can use any brand of servo that I want (multiple sponsorships).

If anyone has repetitive problems with any servo, let the MKS distributor know about it. But also take a hard look at what you're doing with your servos. Crashes and hard landings (which would be classified as a crash by spectators watching an F3J contest) will strip gears. 20 years ago it was common to replace gears at a contest. Now it is so rare, I probably don't remember how to do it

Ben Clerx
Bit of an issue in creating a special sub forum to hide reasonable discussion on the quality of the product.
I'm surprised gliding OZ hasn't deleted all this yet - he seems that kind of guy.
May 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I'm using MKS HV6100 for the V-Tail of my Shinto.
Last weekend, one of them failed during the fly.
The servo remain blocked. I've checked the gears and haven't seen any damages.
I removed the gears, and saw that the motor remain blocked.
Anyone had the same issue?
Can you please let me know if there is something wrong with the blue wire on this picture.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Quick Reply