Apr 12, 2018, 09:30 PM
Thread OP
Help!

No Tx response in Shuriken 180

Hi folks, I've reached the limit of my troubleshooting abilities and ideas so hopefully, someone out there can help. I've had maybe a half dozen flights on my Shuriken 180
with only one crash and the copter worked fine afterwards. After another couple of flights it just stopped working. I plug it into Betaflight and there is no response from
the Tx in the "Receiver" section of BF. I have rebound the receiver several times and have a solid orange lite and the Tx says it is bound. The Spektrum receiver was installed
in the quad when received from Banggood and I'm using a DX9 Tx. Transmitter control setup travels show correct movement when I move the sticks and the Tx works fine
on other models so I have no reason to believe I have Tx problems.

I opened up the quad and inspected the Rx antenna-looks fine. No other obvious problems.

Motors spool up in BF when I use the sliders.

I also re-flashed the firmware in the quad.

Nothing! Dead in BF; no response to controls or switch movements. BF settings look correct so I think I should at least be showing a response to the Tx.

OK, any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Chuck
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2018, 09:43 AM
If you have a known good Rx, try swapping it, and seeing if that works. You might have a bad Rx. Alternately, you should confirm you're on the correct UART for serial Rx, as well as the serial rx configuration setup correctly.
Apr 14, 2018, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, Ace. I should have looked closer at the Rx configs in BF. In my frustration, I must have glanced over it a dozen times or more and didn't notice I had changed one
of the config settings. All is well now (except maybe my flying).

Thanks,

Chuck
Apr 15, 2018, 01:25 PM
Hi guys,
Same problem here. My emax Babyhawk flew ok. Today I decided to fly it again but to tweak it as well. I downloaded the newest version of BF and After connecting to BF I had no transmitter inputs.
Didn’t change the uart (3) and I get a solid bond light on the spektrum sat. What could it be?

Quick Reply