Robinhood 25 From Old School Model Works - RC Groups

Robinhood 25 From Old School Model Works

Old School Model Works is introducing the latest in their line of kits that you can not only build and fly successfully but personalize them to your own taste.

Splash

Models Made in the USA

From Old School Model Works

We’re continuing to bring back great designs from the past and rework them to incorporate modern, laser-cut techniques to make kit building better than ever. All of our kits are made right here in the USA.

Our Robinhood 25 is a fun-scale version of the Curtiss Robin built back in the 1920's This model retains all the good, clean looks of the original marketed by World Engines in the 1980’s and retains all the great flying characteristics that make a good sport airplane.

In the air, the Robinhood 25 is a true barnstormer and is at it's best when cruising on a lazy afternoon or performing some gentle aerobatics. Also, there’s no problems with mown-grass runway takeoffs and landings.

Power can be from either electric or glow. We've designed the fuselage with a built-in hatch so you have quick access to either your batteries or fuel tank. Utilizing our unique WEB-LOCK construction, you can build our wings, straight and true - with a minimum amount of fuss. And, staying true to the original Robinhood 25, we have replicated the original bolt-on system for the wing.

If you want to go truly "old school", this kit can be built for simple 3-channel control (rudder, elevator and throttle). For even more control, the included ailerons can be made fully functional (4 channel control).

Included in each Old School Model Works kit are full-sized rolled plans, a printed construction manual, pre-bent main gear, hand-selected balsa and plywoods, and a premium hardware package from brand-name, USA manufacturers (DuBro, Sonic-Tronics, and others) to guarantee the best quality. What’s more is you can cover and finish your Robinhood 25 like you want, rather than being stuck with a "me-too" offering that look exactly the same as the others at your local field.

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 51 inches
  • Wing Area: 400 sq. inches
  • Length (airframe only): 33 inches
  • Weight: 3-3.5 pounds
  • Retail Price - $89.95

Radio:

• 3 or 4 channel system

Power:

• Electric (200-250 watt motor, 60 amp ESC, 3S LiPo) or .25 glow engine
  • Glow ( .20-.25 engine, 4-6 ounce tank, fuel tubing)

Apr 11, 2018, 12:48 PM
Looks good. Love to see more balsa kits out there.

Too bad there isn't a cowl with the kit. That one detail would add a bit more character to an already charming airplane.

Or maybe a fake radial engine, 🤔
Last edited by mickydee; Apr 11, 2018 at 03:51 PM.
Apr 11, 2018, 02:46 PM
Included in each Old School Model Works kit are full-sized rolled plans, a printed construction manual, pre-bent main gear, hand-selected balsa and plywoods, and a premium hardware package from brand-name, USA manufacturers (DuBro, Sonic-Tronics, and others) to guarantee the best quality.
Apr 11, 2018, 03:05 PM
That would look so much nicer with a cowl!
Apr 11, 2018, 04:07 PM
Any chance you guys would post a link to a copy of the instruction manual?
Apr 11, 2018, 04:44 PM
I'd rather be Flying
A cowl would be pretty simple to build.
Apr 11, 2018, 05:11 PM
I'm not the pivot man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
That would look so much nicer with a cowl!
Yep .... don't quite understand why they did not include a cowl.
Apr 11, 2018, 07:04 PM
DFS#000178
If it had even a cheesy molded cowl I'd have one ordered already.

It looks good, but it could look great.
Apr 11, 2018, 10:35 PM
200-250 Watt motor versus a .25 glow? I don't think so. An eflite BL 25 850KV produces over 600 watts. That is equivalent of a hot .25 or even an old OS long stroke .30.

Other than that, it looks great! No, it doesnt need a cowl. The original from World Engines didn't have a cowl.

I once had the Robinhood 10 and flew well with a Black Widow. I have plans for one and may throw that on the board next. It's easy build.
Apr 11, 2018, 10:41 PM
DFS#000178
I'd consider an EFlite 25 850kv to be significantly more powerful than a nitro 2-stroke .25, and swinging a much bigger prop. Hell, you've got Park 480s and Power 10s flying planes that are traditionally 40-size.
Apr 11, 2018, 11:43 PM
Take me money!
Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 AM
250 Watts must be a typo. It says ESC of 60A, and a 3S battery.

That is like a 600 Watt motor with 12 A safety margin on the ESC.
No surprise the eFlite 25 is 600 watts.

It would probably fly fine with an eFlite 15. That moves my 44" Ugly Stick just fine.
Apr 12, 2018, 12:46 AM
DFS#000178
It'd probably fly pretty good on 250 watts for the type of flying it's designed for. I've got a VMAR Cessna O-1 that's about the same size as this, probably quite a bit heavier because it's got a fully-sheeted, radiused fuselage and half-sheeted wing, and it flies with authority on a 180 watts.
Apr 12, 2018, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, must just be me as I like vintage style planes, but I find this one just plain ugly.
Apr 12, 2018, 06:09 AM
There is great satisfaction to building and flying a kit. Even better satisfaction is adding details to make your build your own.

For instance - Those wishing for an engine cowl... BUILD ONE! Yep a box of balsa or lite ply with simple 1/4" triangle fillets and then detailed with cut dowels for exhaust would be a simple addition that could be held in place with magnets for an even fancier build.

I suggest you explore the possibilities and then post your cowl builds here. Then we will call you a scratch cowl builder.

For those that have never built a kit before Flite Test did a video showing how easy these type of kits are and how to set up your building area.
Flite Test | Balsa Building Basics (6 min 42 sec)

Quick Reply