This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 09, 2018, 06:25 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Fine tuning the Frankenstein

It's alive! ALIVE!

My resurrected Rotor Concept HPQ-1 (aka the LotusRC T380) is finally back among my operational models! The replacement motor endbells and their tendency to pull shafts upward when tightening props were fixed once and for all by Diego, one of the techs at Rise Up Hobbytown. I had mounted the motors facing downward, an interesting feature of this model. I didn't like the looks and it was noisier. The photo shows it connected to Cleanflight while I was tuning the PID settings after I faced them upward.

There's still a hint of wobble while banking, but it flies and quite well! The frame baseplate, battery straps, landing gear, two of the arms and all four motor bases are original. I was able to retain the very nice hard-shelled carrying case as well as the original radio! It works well for this application. I'll soon be adjusting the PID a bit more until I'm totally satisfied, but for now, it's a real joy to see it fly again. Some LED strips might be called for.

Another one back in the hangar! It's a nice feeling.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Apr 11, 2018 at 08:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply