This thread is privately moderated by BobFromMars, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 07, 2018, 11:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flight Footage

Here is where I'll share some flight edits I've made. Please comment on what you think! I'll keep the first post updated with my most recent flight.

Final flight of the Foxeer Box - FPV crash (3 min 55 sec)

Pelusa X220 First flights - Foxeer Box HD and Topsky DVR (2 min 7 sec)
Last edited by BobFromMars; Apr 27, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2018, 11:37 PM
Thread OP

Arrishobby X220

This video was from a couple flights after I built my Arris X220 and had just received my Foxeer Box. The Arris X220 is a cheap kit that I have found to perform quite well and hold up pretty good to crashes. These flight were on 3s with bent up Kingkong 5040 props, and I think it all looks pretty good.

Arris X220 flight edit - Filmed with Foxeer Box (5 min 23 sec)
Apr 08, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thread OP

Pelusa build

A dirt cheap build I did with parts that I got for good deals. I really like the Pelusa frame, and the Furibee motors perform quite good for the price. This video is on 3s with 5048 props. On 4s, this thing is a rocket and has crazy hangtime.

Pelusa X220 First flights - Foxeer Box HD and Topsky DVR (2 min 7 sec)
Apr 27, 2018, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
Was out after a few weeks of downtime due to second winter, and was flying fairly conservatively to get my bearings back. However, I went for a tight powerloop around a playground set, and ended the career of my Foxeer box.

The excuse I'm going with is, if you look closely, my camera had sagged down. Look at all the props in view! I'm fairly certain I misjudged my angle, and punched straight up when I thought I had a bit of forward angle

Nevertheless, it's the risk one takes when flying robots around steel structures. Better luck next time.

Final flight of the Foxeer Box - FPV crash (3 min 55 sec)

Quick Reply