Apr 07, 2018, 12:40 AM
Discussion

Telemetry

Has anyone set up telemetry for rx battery voltage and RSSI .
Exactly how do you set this up, does it require you to take a laptop to the field to record the telemetry to view later?
Is there any how to videos or such on telemetry?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2018, 04:55 AM
I have read on this forum that you can get telemetry on the tx display using Auroa 9 and EVO.
Has anyone had the same success with the Horus with battery voltage and rssi when the RFU has telemetry enabled.
Apr 07, 2018, 11:11 AM
Only the A9 and EVO are supported.

The Horus, Taranis, etc. use the JR module. They use an extra (normally unused) pin to transfer telemetry data. It would be possible to modify our JR module to connect the unused pin to one of the expansion pins (which is what I did for the EVO). I will look at that at some point.
Apr 07, 2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks Jim that would be great if you could get the telemetry working, at least battery voltage on rx. and rssi.
I bought a Horus but don,t trust it any more after the receiver failed, the x series cpu fail if used on planes with ignition APPARENTLY!
So I use it on some planes with a XPS module but it would be good to have some telemetry.
May 17, 2018, 03:50 AM
Jim have you had a look at how to modify the JR module for use in the Horus to transfer telemetry data yet, "no pressure intended"and would this be a mod we can do in the field.
May 17, 2018, 01:03 PM
Telemetry on the FrSky system is done by sending data through what use to be the antenna output pin for the old crystal based RF systems. That pin is not connected on any of the XPS transmitter modules. It would be possible to connect a wire from one of the two aux ports on the module to the antenna pin. I would have to figure out how the FrSky telemetry works.
May 18, 2018, 07:06 PM
That would be great if you could figure it out and get the RX battery voltage and RSSI working at least.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by cellbuster; May 19, 2018 at 04:56 AM.
May 19, 2018, 01:21 AM
The Tx battery voltage is already shown.

Nano receivers do not provide full telemetry information. Only our original 8/10 channel and RFU can provide Rx battery voltage and telemetry. The Nano 3 and Nano 4 receivers can provide only RSSI data. Rx voltage is not possible. The original Nano and Nano 2 can not provide telemetry data at all.
May 19, 2018, 03:09 AM
That's fine most of my models have RFU as master and I have 17 of the original 8/10 channel receivers so look forward to telemetry module modification for Horus.
May 19, 2018, 10:30 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
only 17 ??? I WIN..
I have 19 ..... and telemetry would be great ...
May 20, 2018, 02:21 AM
Yeah, you guys down under sure seem to collect the older receivers. I should have made some sort of cycle life on those to force you into buying new receivers every 10 years.
May 23, 2018, 02:06 AM
Us guys down under have to be frugal US postage is ridiculous.
May 23, 2018, 01:33 PM
Really? Shipping to Australia is really cheap compared to us getting stuff from Australia!
May 24, 2018, 03:46 AM
The Aussie Dollar at one time bought $1.30 US but is now $0.70 nearly half its value.
Good to hear you are getting things from Australia with Ford and GM both closing here I didn't think we made anything here at all ! The Australian government is killing manufacturing, one day they will wake up to what they have done.
May 24, 2018, 03:10 PM
Build more, websurf less
Using the XPS Telemetry Station and a laptop at the field you can watch and record the receiver supply voltage and RSSI during a flight. This worked perfectly with the RFU.

Quick Reply