Oct 23, 2018, 02:19 PM
Cool, as long as I’m not doing anything wrong by doing is under input weight then I’m happy.

I think small trim would be fine in a moulded ship but my soft Radian Pro takes a bit more trim for it to have an effect than something more responsive
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2018, 01:57 PM
Any ideas why I can't add any camber in the various flight modes? I can add reflex (up trim), but the ailerons won't go past even with the wing no matter how far I move the throttle trim.
Oct 25, 2018, 06:40 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Maybe you reversed the left and right servos?
Oct 26, 2018, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrickmann
Maybe you reversed the left and right servos?
Don't understand. Everything else works fine. The servos all operate as they should. I can add up trim to the ailerons using the throttle trim, but not down.
Oct 26, 2018, 08:26 AM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Try reversing left and right, and see if that solves the problem.
Oct 27, 2018, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Try reversing left and right, and see if that solves the problem.

That works, but then it makes the spoilerons not work. I'm guessing I can't have flaperons and spoilerons at the same time? Gotta make a choice.
Oct 29, 2018, 07:52 AM
Is there any way to not use the motor timer in favor of using a CAM unit?
Oct 29, 2018, 12:29 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
It is not legal according to the official rules, because the system is easy to tamper with, and not certified in any way. But for training and club contests etc. it should be just fine. I have tried to make it compliant with the F5J rules.

Jesper
Oct 29, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quote:
It is not legal according to the official rules, because the system is easy to tamper with, and not certified in any way. But for training and club contests etc. it should be just fine. I have tried to make it compliant with the F5J rules.

Jesper

What I meant was, is there a way to disable the SoarOTX motor timer when I have a CAM installed?
Oct 29, 2018, 08:24 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksky
What I meant was, is there a way to disable the SoarOTX motor timer when I have a CAM installed?
You cannot disable it, but you can change the max. allowed motor time in L23. You can set it as high as 8:59:59 (nine hours minus one sec.) - that should do it.

Jesper
Oct 30, 2018, 11:53 AM
Quote:
You cannot disable it, but you can change the max. allowed motor time in L23. You can set it as high as 8:59:59 (nine hours minus one sec.) - that should do it.

Jesper
FWIW, I just set the timer to "OFF" instead of L20. That seems to have accomplished what I needed.

Arm the motor, pull momentary to start it. Throttle up and launch. When the CAM shuts the motor down, pull the momentary again to switch from Motor to Speed mode. Upon landing, pull momentary again which stops the flight timers. Save score and start over.

Seems to accomplish everything needed.
Nov 12, 2018, 04:56 PM
Jasper good day. I am trying to use your program for f5j. I already have everything working! I just need to be able to set the Speed ​​flight mode. I can not make the flaps raise the millimeters I need. The cruise is perfect! The thermal is perfect! But it does not let me set the speed. Can you tell me what I should do?
Nov 12, 2018, 07:47 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momia
Jasper good day. I am trying to use your program for f5j. I already have everything working! I just need to be able to set the Speed ​​flight mode. I can not make the flaps raise the millimeters I need. The cruise is perfect! The thermal is perfect! But it does not let me set the speed. Can you tell me what I should do?
You can only move the trailing edge further down with camber. Therefore, you need to set the maximum reflex (Speed mode) position in the configuration menu for airbrake curves.

Jesper
Nov 13, 2018, 12:49 PM
When in the brake curves menu, should I be in Speed ​​mode, to set it? With the key in speed mode?
Nov 13, 2018, 02:49 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momia
When in the brake curves menu, should I be in Speed ​​mode, to set it? With the key in speed mode?
You don't have to, but it doesn't hurt either. It does not add camber preset or flaps when the menu is active. But you have to adjust flaps and ailerons to the most "reflexed" position that you want there. Then, after you have exited the menu, you can adjust camber in the various flight modes with throttle trim. And please notice that in the Motor flight mode, camber preset goes to zero as you increase power to 100%. That's a feature, not a bug

Jesper

Quick Reply