This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 06, 2018, 03:21 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Build Log

Ford Flivver 268 Completion

My Ford Flivver 268 1/5 scale build took about 160 hours stretched over 11 months, and took several hundred dollars. This was my first build from plans. The CG was right where it should be, which was tricky for an electric conversion. The final weight was 3 lbs., 9 oz., one ounce below the target weight. My UpNup blog follows steps to completion over the past year. Start at May 2017 when I first printed out the plans.

As for my plans for the maiden flight, I want to build up skills to fly it in a couple of months. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by UpNup; Apr 09, 2018 at 10:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2018, 04:40 AM
Great job, beautiful work!
Apr 07, 2018, 09:26 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Thank you. Definitely stand-off scale!
Jul 03, 2018, 11:38 AM
Very Nice, What Brushless motor did you use? Can you post a photo of the motor? I like the spinner you used, did you make it? Looks Scale!
Joe
Aug 13, 2018, 11:07 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pierson
Very Nice, What Brushless motor did you use? Can you post a photo of the motor? I like the spinner you used, did you make it? Looks Scale!
Joe
Thanks for your interest. This is an electric conversion, so I used a Rimfire .25 that replaced a .25 fuel engine. I used a brown Sharpie marker on the gray plastic propeller. And I went back after taking this photo of the spinner and cleaned off the paint from the black plastic 2" spinner. I sprayed it lightly with white primer and then used the silver paint and Sharpie on it, too. It now matches the propeller. (Prop size: 11 X 7)
Last edited by UpNup; Aug 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply