Jan 15, 2019, 03:06 AM

vista granda

yep I'm waiting till February for mine too .. oh well to cold to fly anyhow
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2019, 04:09 PM

Shipping Now

I just got an email that my Vista Grande has shipped! It should be here in a day or two as I live close to the warehouse. I pre-ordered in April 2018 and had sort of forgotten about it with all the delays. It will be great to have a larger floater sailplane as my original Vista BL flew away last fall when I lost sight of it in a huge thermal. Having a spoiler will help too!
Jan 30, 2019, 12:33 PM
Team $CRILLA_VILLA
they must have filled all the pre orders because i got an email update this morning that they are in stock.
Pulled the trigger, cant wait for rhe first round of 70-80ís to see how it thermals. My aging first gen radian is due for retirement.

Anybody that hasnt ordered yet make sure to google tower discounts, theres a couple out there that are good until mid feb
Jan 30, 2019, 12:49 PM
aka KF7DS
Excellent news!

Ordered mine in April as well....lookjng forward to getting it. Wonder why the 10 month delay and if HH made any changes
Jan 30, 2019, 12:55 PM
I Fly!
I jumped on the notice in stock also, I was looking for something better then another Radian or Radian XL so this seems like a great price point.

I guess nobody has had one in their hands so feedback is limited still.
Jan 30, 2019, 08:27 PM
Here Comes the Sun
I just ordered one too. I have the original Vista which came with the brushed motor, which I switched out for a Mega brushless in-runner right away, about 6 years ago. I've won a couple of local club limited motor run contests with it. It's a great floater. I recovered the wing with transparent red and yellow in order to see it better way up there. I will do the same with the Grande.

I don't understand why Tower doesn't consider transparent covering with their sailplane ARFs. White is tough to see at altitude, even with black striping.
Jan 30, 2019, 09:17 PM
I Fly!
Nice idea, I really have only dabbled in sail planes with a Radian and a Radian Pro. They were fun but irritating with flexing. I learned to fly in the 80s when we had to build everything and always like balsa planes but lack time to build anymore.
Jan 31, 2019, 09:34 AM
I Fly!
So did Tower / Horizon kill any enthusiasm with announcement last year (April) and first shipment delayed for months? I watched the video and it looks pretty impressive, hope it shows up in a few days!
Feb 01, 2019, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb
So did Tower / Horizon kill any enthusiasm with announcement last year (April) and first shipment delayed for months? I watched the video and it looks pretty impressive, hope it shows up in a few days!
I got tired of waiting and went with the Tori 2M
Feb 01, 2019, 02:49 PM
I lost interest in that and the Tori after several months and since, have built two F3-RES planes and fallen in love with that class. Add in this 400' thing being up in the air (no pun intended) and I question getting a large span plane anyway. At least till we see how all that FAA stuff shakes out.
Looks like a lot of bang for the buck though.
Feb 01, 2019, 10:20 PM
I Fly!
So my plane showed up today and the quality looks amazing. The civering is tight and everything looks really well made and designed. For the price it is a killer deal for sure. Will try to get it assembled tomorrow and take some pics.
Feb 02, 2019, 08:32 AM
Quote:
So my plane showed up today and the quality looks amazing. The civering is tight and everything looks really well made and designed. For the price it is a killer deal for sure. Will try to get it assembled tomorrow and take some pics.
Sounds great. Would you please verify if this is the included ESC? If so, I will continue my quest for its programming directions. Thanks.
Feb 02, 2019, 11:37 AM
BMFA 190658
Looks like this isn't available in the UK

Probably due to Brexit!
Feb 02, 2019, 05:24 PM
I Fly!
Not sure, no marking or label on it. This is a pic.
Feb 02, 2019, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Not sure, no marking or label on it. This is a pic.
Thanks for the picture. Does not appear to be the same. Will have to play with it when it comes. I am hoping the brake and the start-up rate can be programmed.

Thanks again.
Last edited by Titan II; Feb 02, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply