Welcome Our New Sponsor - Revolution Kites - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Welcome Our New Sponsor - Revolution Kites

Here is a Kite company that every RC pilot can appreciate!

Splash

Revolution Kites – Makers of the Original quad-line sport kite!

We first became aware of Revolution Kites at Joe Nall. It was hard not to notice their large, colorful kites doing 3D maneuvers inches off the ground! Our own Jason Cole is all about kites so he headed over to talk to them. That resulted in a full review!

I'm excited to announce that Revolution Kites is now an official advertiser on RCGroups.com. I wanted to feature some of their products and share a video that really gets across what their kites can do!

Craziest and Funniest Stunt Kite Ever at Huntington Beach, California (1 min 54 sec)

Revolution EXP kite with Reflex

$195.00

The EXP package comes complete and ready to fly with Kite, Handles, 90 lb x 65 ft Line set, DVD, and a manual.

Revolution Reflex RX Spider Web

$266.00 – $380.00

The Reflex RX Spider was designed for the higher wind days. The fun times !

We list the wind range at 6 – 26 mph. The light feel with its super Rev control gives you very responsive flight on big wind, variable wind, and gusty wind days.

The specifically designed Reflex 5/16” stiff carbon fiber frame gives the flyer a fast acceleration with a smooth in-control feel, and still delivers a crazy tight dive stop.

The reverse, side slide, and float maneuvers are easy and fun.

This ‘vented’ model, with its open panel design, reinforced sail, and monochromatic coloring is stunning.

The Reflex RX Spider is a great all-around model in winds over 6 mph.

“This RX Spider is everything I was looking for in a higher wind sail. I expected the mesh panels. The open concept is fantastic! So light too! Thank you Rev & Joe for making this perfect kite.” Mark K., San Diego.

Revolution Reflex XX

$390.00

Our new Reflex design is the most significant development in decades. This is a ‘must have’ product for flyers. The Patented Reflex design is a breakthrough that increases stability, wind range, and overall control, especially under difficult conditions. Including light wind, turbulent wind, and the ‘edge of the window’ flying. In fact, in ‘loss of control’ situations, your Rev Reflex will shift to “Autopilot” recovery mode where it will fly itself back to the center of the wind window.

Reflex Technology allows the wing to dynamically change shape in flight. Our new Reflex RX and Reflex XX sail pattern is “stress reinforced” throughout, and has wear strips. Our new ‘No fray’ leading edge is included on all models. The ’RX’ and ‘XX’ come with the new super light, super stiff Reflex 5/16” frame. New Carbon Light handles with multi-knot settings are included with the RX and XX models. Our Rev Training video link is on our website.

COMPLETE Package includes Kite, Handles, a Ready-To-Fly 90 lb x 80 ft Line Set, and extra Free

Watch the RCGroups video on this product...

Revolution Reflex XX Kite Setup (5 min 49 sec)

Learn More!

Head over to Revolution Kites to see all the kites options they have to offer!

Apr 09, 2018, 07:55 PM
RCG Admin
Best Kite I've ever owned! These things are amazing.
Apr 09, 2018, 11:04 PM
Build lite, stay high.
I purchased my Revolution in 1991. It flys today as good as my first flight!....a timeless classic.
Apr 10, 2018, 12:49 AM
very coool!!!
Apr 10, 2018, 03:21 PM
Slow is beautiful
Oh man, that's incredible! Used to have one on "Berck-sur-mer" - mekka for Kiters in northern France and worldchampionship in group flights...
OMG - very good times there!
Last edited by Alex Slowfly; Apr 10, 2018 at 03:29 PM.
Apr 10, 2018, 04:23 PM
Older I get, the better I was.
Flying one of those looks like so much fun. I wish I could afford one. Or at least a cheaper version anyway.
Apr 10, 2018, 04:30 PM
a pedantic latitudinarian
Rev's are great!
As a power kiter, I can tell you that these four line kites are ultra controllable. Not a power kite, but anyone into precision will love these.

If you want to take up kiting, the best advice you will ever get, is learn how to pack your kite. That way unpacking it is so simple. I can launch a power kite in twenty/thirty seconds, I've seen peeps take 20mins untangling lines and then give up!

Even these kites can exert a good pull. If you are going to get into power kiting join a club and get good advice. Don't buy the biggest you can get on the web!

Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

If you are in the UK check out Dom and Barry at UFO Power Kites, If they can't help you, nobody can!
Oh and check out the Bristol International Kite Festival.
Anyone and every one will be there, including Rev.
Apr 10, 2018, 05:04 PM
Rising hot air = Good!
The Rev' I purchased back in 2007 is still performing like new. A very well made product!
Apr 10, 2018, 05:12 PM
RCG Admin
Man it's cool to hear you guys have been flying them this long. I just found them about a year ago right before Joe Nall. I saw them flying at Nall and I had to have one! Took it to the beach right after that and had a blast. It was easy to fly, but takes some time and practice to build your skills, just like flying RC airplanes. I can do most of the maneuvers now, but am far from mastering it. I take it with me on most trips and flying events so if you see me, hit me up and I'll let you fly it.
Apr 10, 2018, 08:58 PM
Been flying revs since ‘98. I had 25 at one time. Small quiver left of the best models that I still take time to fly often.
Apr 10, 2018, 09:00 PM
Long Island, NY
I live on the north shore of LI, prime kite flying location. Have been flying Revolution kites as well as power kites for years. As with RC planes, helicopters and quad copters, it becomes an addiction. And an expensive one at that. Almost all of my kites cost more than my planes!
Apr 10, 2018, 11:05 PM
GBX
GBX
I have a couple expensive kites I bought 20 years ago and they are still flying! my regret not buying a Prism Vapor
I have the ozone though!
Apr 11, 2018, 09:09 AM
3D Saves Lives
'been flying Revs since 1992. Got some old classics and new designs. they're great!!!!
Apr 11, 2018, 10:42 AM
3D Saves Lives
Its interesting to look at the history of the company Revolution, and how they innovated and adapted to match developments in the 2 line side of things. For example, when post stall trick line flying came into fashion with 2 line kites (very similar to RC 3D flying) Rev came out with their Speed series and seemed to also put a lot of time into their 1.5 size range. As the best size for agility and wind range, flyers began to do axels and flic flacs, thereby introducing rotation in other axis just like the 2 line guys were doing.
Apr 11, 2018, 02:19 PM
This video cost four kites.

Dock Play 2 (Revolution Quad Line Stunt Kite) (7 min 15 sec)

It is an amazing tool.

Sadly, I don't have the skills or time to make them work. If you all want to give them a try,
I have those four kites for sale. Includes lines and handles. Any or all.

Quick Reply