nano used in wireless buddy-box with Taranis - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 04, 2018, 06:22 PM
Discussion

nano used in wireless buddy-box with Taranis

Jim, is there any reason the nano would not work to setup a wireless trainer system with the Taranis like in this video?
Taranis Wireless Buddy Box Part 1 (10 min 55 sec)
My understanding is that the Rx connected to the Taranis trainer port just has to be able to output a PPM signal. I am unable to make this work with one of my nanos in PPM mode linked to an XPS module in my Futaba 9C. I am able to get the trainer function to work with a Devo10 radio connected with a standard audio cable (the Futaba uses a different connection.) Seems like it should work... am I missing something
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2018, 07:34 PM
Nevermind... I have it working. Not exactly sure what is happening but it works as long as I have an audio cable connected to the trainer port. I have the nano connected to the TX just as in the video without the resistor. I believe the resistor is to keep a spcktrum Rx form going into binding mode when powered up. Anyways the audio cable in the trainer port must be completing a required circuit. The Taranis in the video is an older model so things may have changed since then.
Apr 05, 2018, 09:04 PM
Yes, we have been doing for a long time now. You can also use a Nano as a wireless setup for your flight simulator.

Quick Reply