Hobbico’s Radio-Controlled Hobby Business Continues as Horizon Hobby! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Hobbico’s Radio-Controlled Hobby Business Continues as Horizon Hobby!

This just in from Hobbico...now Horizon!

Splash

Hobbico’s Radio-Controlled Hobby Business Continues as Horizon Hobby!

From Hobbico

We are excited to share with you that the RC brands from Hobbico that you have come to rely on over the years will continue. The Bankruptcy Court has approved the sale of Hobbico’s RC business to Horizon Hobby, LLC. Horizon Hobby has been in business since 1985 and serves customers in the United States and around the World. Horizon Hobby also maintains a strong online presence and warmly welcomes Hobbico customers to its growing family. With this acquisition, Horizon Hobby looks to build upon Hobbico’s great reputation for providing quality RC products to customers across the country. More information about Horizon Hobby can be found at https://www.HorizonHobby.com.

Sincerely, Hobbico

From RCGroups

We should have more info on all of this later in the week so stay tuned!

Apr 03, 2018, 01:43 PM
I hope that this works out for all parties involved.
Apr 03, 2018, 01:44 PM
I hope Tower’s prices don’t go up.
Apr 03, 2018, 02:58 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Does this mean spektrum wins and futaba loses?
What about the tactic brand?

I guess time will tell.
Apr 03, 2018, 04:11 PM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRF201
Does this mean spektrum wins and futaba loses?
What about the tactic brand?

I guess time will tell.
Futaba is their own company. They will survive.
Apr 03, 2018, 04:28 PM
"Bible Thumper"
That must have been one helluva handshake, will Tower Hobbies and Omni Models continue or be absorbed?
Apr 03, 2018, 04:32 PM
Bankruptcy judge OKs Horizon's purchase of Hobbico's RC business

Link to news on the subject.

Apr 03, 2018, 06:59 PM
Does this mean Horizon now owns Towerhobbies?
Apr 03, 2018, 08:05 PM
Stevephoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Does this mean Horizon now owns Towerhobbies?
From the news article above:

Quote:
Horizon is buying Hobbico's Great Planes and Tower Hobbies divisions, along with its Axial and Arrma brands.

Also on Monday, a bankruptcy judge approved a separate $7 million sale of Hobbico's Colorado-based model-rocket subsidiary, Estes, to an organization called The Langford Group.

An auction for Hobbico's remaining assets — including United Model, Revell US and Revell Germany — was temporarily suspended last week.
Apr 03, 2018, 08:35 PM
AeroDan
Does this mean all those Flyzone Micro Biplanes will feature an AS3X?
Apr 03, 2018, 08:42 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
I find it very sad because I always comparison shopped and often found Tower Hobbies to have better prices. Now there is much less competition and the prices will go up.
Apr 03, 2018, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan
I find it very sad because I always comparison shopped and often found Tower Hobbies to have better prices. Now there is much less competition and the prices will go up.
Yup...
Apr 03, 2018, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan
Maybe but usually this means two things: 1) management wasn't good in inventory management 2) prices had been too high and customers didn't buy enough of their product. Sounds like Horizon is doing something right being they can pay several million for rc products they probably really could survive without.

Is it possible that Horizon only did this to block the market from being over saturated with reduced priced RC products and then no one would want their expensive products?
Apr 03, 2018, 11:17 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleemon
Maybe but usually this means two things: 1) management wasn't good in inventory management 2) prices had been too high and customers didn't buy enough of their product. Sounds like Horizon is doing something right being they can pay several million for rc products they probably really could survive without.

Is it possible that Horizon only did this to block the market from being over saturated with reduced priced RC products and then no one would want their expensive products?
Possible.
Apr 04, 2018, 03:23 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I’m thinking this is a good thing. Hobbico already ran the business into the ground. At least now, several of the brands we’ve all come to love will continue. Also, I like Horizon. I like their products, I like their customer service and the people that work there. With all that said, I’ll remain optimistic about the future.

Quick Reply