This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 02, 2018, 08:39 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Build Log

Ford Flivver - Servos for Elevator and Rudder

The Ford Flivver 268 plans place the tail servos behind the firewall. Thanks to incredible technology, I put the elevator servo into the tail. I kept the pull-pull but moved it just behind the CG in the center.

Note that the cables cross and go thru the fuselage in pre-cut holes. The holes are rimmed by matching blue stirring straws I brought home from an American Airlines galley. Thanks to a recommendation I kept the rudder bracket and the servo arms about equal.

The tail servo was epoxied into place. I missed that the extension cable would drape down right into the elevator cables. So I pulled the cable up and into the hulled-out long silver headrest and above the cross beams. It worked like a breeze. If I were into this build it would have saved time to put the elevator rudder into place before flying in the king headrest.

The urge to finish this build is strong!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply