Scale RC Sailboat Mock Battle - Video

I came across the below video of a mock battle with RC sailboats and it was just too cool not to share.

Splash

Amazing Display of Scale Sailboats

I was watching a friend play the new Sea of Thieves video game this past weekend and it looked like a blast getting to run your own pirate ship. Then I came across the below video of a mock battle with RC sailboats and it was just too cool not to share.

The video is a recording of the Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team from 2015. They are engaged in a mock battle recreating the Battle of Trafalgar on a pond to entertain a crowd of people watching. These boats are simply stunning! The detail and effort that must have gone into building these ships is staggering. Aside from just looking like the real thing, they can also mock fire cannon with smoke plumes and realistic sounds to boot. Some of the ships are quite large and the whole spectacle of the battle is something to behold. The video is a few years old now, but it's worth a look if you've never seen it.

Click the link below to watch the video

https://youtu.be/QwFs5NVKVWo

Apr 02, 2018, 11:52 AM
thanks for that...for sure!!
Apr 05, 2018, 11:15 AM
"I will return" Federico
Thanks for posting!

I enjoyed building plastic models of these ships when I was a kid and imagined what it would be like to be onboard one. This mock battle, with the retort of the guns, really helps bring it to life. What a terrifying experience for sailors caught in the middle of such a battle!
Apr 22, 2018, 10:38 AM
Amazing video and even more amazing build skills on these remarkable models. I for one would have had an issue building one of these ships knowing I'd have to build it so a mast or two comes apart in the mock battle. Looked very cool though. Thanks again for posting.

Quick Reply