Sep 27, 2019, 07:35 PM
30 RC's and counting
When discharging with an inline resistor can the charger track the amount of Ah removed from the battery?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2019, 04:51 AM
Yes
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=243
Oct 08, 2019, 11:47 PM

X8 Error 1301

I am getting the same Error 1301 as shown earlier in this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=313

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=315

After some experimentation I believe nadcicle is correct - seems to be an issue when the supply voltage is very close to the output voltage? I can see the sum of the cells is different (in my case caused by custom calibration - I do not believe this is the issue) and I get error 1301 when I try to charge. I can however discharge - even regeneratively - down .1v/cell and then begin charging with no other changes. I can also attach them to my 40v supply and commence charging. Should be easy enough to test.

This occurs across all 3 of my X8's and they all happen to be v2.07.
Oct 16, 2019, 11:33 AM
Hamburger
charging 6S NiMH battery:
- is balance charging supported?
- can I set #cells manually?
Oct 16, 2019, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
Balance charging isn't supported on NIMH/nicd.

Yes, you can set cell count manually.

Regards,

Steve
Oct 16, 2019, 12:27 PM
30 RC's and counting
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
You have a NiMH battery that has balance leads?
Oct 16, 2019, 12:37 PM
Hamburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life
You have a NiMH battery that has balance leads?
yes, I did assemble it for my taranis x9d from single cells. So I added a xt30 and 6S-balance-plug.
Oct 16, 2019, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg86300
...Yes, you can set cell count manually...
I do not think that you can manually enter the number of cells in NiMh mode. This is explicitly denied in the operating instructions on page 18.
Oct 16, 2019, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
I do not think that you can manually enter the number of cells in NiMh mode. This is explicitly denied in the operating instructions on page 18.
I'm able to in the edit memory mode.

I'm running 2.0.8 beta at the moment though. But I don't think it's been changed.

Let me know if the photo doesn't work.

Regards,

Steve
Oct 16, 2019, 06:33 PM
Ok - thanks for this information.

However, the question remains of the practical benefits.
What happens when, for example, in a serial 4s pack one cell is fully charged much earlier than the remaining cells?
I've been doing tests with my 4010duo a long time ago, but have since forgotten it again.
In the meantime, I have no more NiMH battery packs in my own use.
But I can still imitate packs with my serially interconnected battery holder for single cells.
Oct 16, 2019, 07:05 PM
@ hamburger
You can use the balancer connection to display the individual internal cell resistances.
Prerequisite: The cells should be at least slightly charged and able to deliver 5A discharge current for a short time.
I am now assuming that the X6 / X8 as well as the duo-loader with 5A discharge current measure the internal resistance.
Oct 18, 2019, 04:56 AM
Hamburger
Understood. Thank you everybody.
This does finalyze my purchase decision.
Oct 18, 2019, 10:50 AM
Would you guys be able to sell a new LCD for an X6? Or maybe send one for evaluation & "accidentally" put my address on it? I crunched mine up pretty good & it's unusable.

-------------

Or anybody else here with a fried or otherwise junked X6 that you're willing to part with on the super cheap?

I pulled my X6 out to take a photo for the last post I made here & my dumbass didn't put it back in its proper spot. Dog knocked it while playing &, of course, it ended up in the 2 square inch area under my chair that has clearance when reclined, and none when not reclined.

The only "dangerous" 2 square inches in a 250 square foot room, so of course that's the spot the charger "finds." If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Not to mention, I'm such a freaking dumbass.

Smashed it up real good when I went to bed.

And I knew it instantly. The distinctive crunch of an LCD is both unmistakeable & extremely heartbreaking.

Unfortunately, a brand new charger is a "stupid tax" I just can't afford at the moment.

Regards,

Steve
Oct 18, 2019, 03:17 PM
I am very sorry if I was to blame for your misfortune.
Such a thing is always very annoying when someone is helpful and their own things are damaged.
I can feel that very well. I hope that will comfort a little. - In the matter, unfortunately, I can not help.
Oct 19, 2019, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
I am very sorry if I was to blame for your misfortune.
Such a thing is always very annoying when someone is helpful and their own things are damaged.
I can feel that very well. I hope that will comfort a little. - In the matter, unfortunately, I can not help.
Not your fault!!

I'm the idiot that didn't put his toys away. "I'll get it later" just jumped out and bit me in the ass.

Thanks for the kind words though!

Regards,

Steve

Quick Reply