This thread is privately moderated by StevenLawyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:51 AM
Hi

There is quite a lot to get through on this excellent guide so apologies if I missed the answers to the following questions

1. For purely forced fcc or boost do I need to roll back the firmware or is the current firmware v 1.04.0300 compatible with forced or boost app?

2. If I run the boost app on an android device and then switch to iOS running go4 .2.12 will this work , or do I need to roll back the iOS go 4 app to earlier version ?

Thanks for any guidance
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2018, 08:05 AM
Many thanks for this tutorial !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcloud2
1. For purely forced fcc or boost do I need to roll back the firmware or is the current firmware v 1.04.0300 compatible with forced or boost app?
Same question here.
Apr 19, 2018, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbragt
Great work, I went from 1.3.400 to 1.3.700 with no issues. Is the newer firmware in mixed mode save to use and how can I check if the boost is working in the modded DJ Go app? I couldn't use the DJI Boost app because my flight log s can't sync with the airsync site. Thanks for the great explanation!
To date, no one has identified anything in the controller firmware that is an issue. As such, we've all been running whatever version of controller firmware. I've been running my controller on 1.04.300.

We are trying to diagnose an issue where some people in CE countries may not be getting boost. One area of exploration will be whether the controller firmware has something to do with it. Here in the US, where we have FCC, boost seems to work fine.
Apr 19, 2018, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0CTOR
Fabulous work Steven, and well writtin. I understand all of it since I've been rooting Androids for many years now.

I have a question: Will any of these mods work with the Phantom4 Pro? Do you have any plans on a write up on that bird, or even a DJIGo 4 "Boot" app? Maybe talk about it on FB?

TIA,

Doc
I don't have a Phantom 4 and so don't have the option to really try boost with it. The boost app will work--in the sense that it will run--with the phantom. What I don't know is whether the config files will trigger an actual increase in transmit strength or whether the Phantom's transmitter even has that capability. Would love to get feedback. I don't think there's any harm in trying the files with the phantom.
Apr 19, 2018, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbragt
Great work, I went from 1.3.400 to 1.3.700 with no issues. Is the newer firmware in mixed mode save to use and how can I check if the boost is working in the modded DJ Go app? I couldn't use the DJI Boost app because my flight log s can't sync with the airsync site. Thanks for the great explanation!
I haven't seen any reports of problems flying the drone with mixed firmware. I'm flying my Mavic with the 305 and 306 files from FW 1.03.700, the rest of the firmware being 1.04.300, rooted, with 905 NFZ files deleted.

You should still be able to use airsync by first starting up the boost app to get boost, and then exiting it and running a newer version of DJI Go with your airsync.
Apr 19, 2018, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi

There is quite a lot to get through on this excellent guide so apologies if I missed the answers to the following questions

2. If I run the boost app on an android device and then switch to iOS running go4 .2.12 will this work , or do I need to roll back the iOS go 4 app to earlier version ?

Thanks for any guidance
Thank you for your kind words. We are getting mixed answers as to whether or not boost is working with stock FW 1.04.0300. It seems to be working in the US, but maybe not in CE countries. I've got several people testing this trying to hone in on it in CE countries. Here in the US, it seems to be working with stock.

In theory, you should be able to keep boost by starting with the android app and then switching to iOS, so long as you don't shut down the mavic or controller after the start up with android and the boost app. I'd be interested to hear if that, in fact, works.
Apr 19, 2018, 02:26 PM
I tried the boost app today in a CE country. I flew 2.8km with my Spark, and think I could fly even further.

I mainly fly with my ipad mini 2, so I'm going to try to first connect it to the android phone and then to the ipad and se if the config file sticks.

But then every time I change battery I have to redo every step?

To be clear, there is no way yo se if the boost config files are working, other then 11 vs 13 channels in FCC? It does not show that the frequency is changed?
Apr 19, 2018, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLawyer
Thank you for your kind words. We are getting mixed answers as to whether or not boost is working with stock FW 1.04.0300. It seems to be working in the US, but maybe not in CE countries. I've got several people testing this trying to hone in on it in CE countries. Here in the US, it seems to be working with stock.

In theory, you should be able to keep boost by starting with the android app and then switching to iOS, so long as you don't shut down the mavic or controller after the start up with android and the boost app. I'd be interested to hear if that, in fact, works.

I will do some tests when I get back to the uk next week . Thanks again
Apr 25, 2018, 09:25 AM
Hi steven lawyer's, I want to ask, how to make the start of the motor life alternately? from cw to ccw to cw to ccw? what parameter am I changing?
Apr 25, 2018, 03:42 PM
Quote:
I will do some tests when I get back to the uk next week . Thanks again

I downloaded and installed boost v2 to cheap android tablet (Lenovo 50 from Argos). Ran boost and then switched iPad running DJI go 4.2.8, while keeping MP and controller powered up. I can confirm that the boost function worked well. Achieved 5km before battery warning . Controller was 3 bars and HD video 4 bars at 5km.

I immediately re ran the same route in CE mode and managed 2.5km before the controller lost signal, HD video was still good at 3 bars.

Worth noting that in sports Spode the signal degraded quicker than when in normal gps mode. Suspect this due to the angle of the antennas in the MP, when at a steeper angle of attack.

For 50 this is a much better route to go for distance rather than hardwiring the controller with Amps and large antennaes.
Apr 28, 2018, 07:13 PM
Usually I find what I need on the nets, use it, move on, for this I couldn't find how to do it - and I knew enough to mod, so was about to have to spend a lot of time to do - but then I found this, and had to login to say STEVEN - THANK UUUUU, this was clear and you saved loads of people many hours. Good karma man.
Apr 29, 2018, 12:44 AM
thanks you very much, finally I kicked myself and done it (platinum v 1.4.0 originally so it was bit hesitation before opening it)
unfortunately it wasn't fully as described, for a start I had to replace ADB drivers, and then dumldoor crashes (ended up somehow downgrading to 1.03.1000 through assitant) and then with help of dumldoore v2.12 i somehow finished pushing it in (few windows restarts as dumldoor was crashing straight after execution)

anyway please what about RC firmware, mine one is still on riginal 1.03.1000 as I bought it, anything against flashing it to 1.4.3?
Thank you again and big up for your effort and off course for core community effort who released it for us let IT fluent...
Apr 29, 2018, 04:55 PM
Hi steven , thanks for all .
I don't understand why there is nothing in your Boost file ?
Apr 30, 2018, 01:53 PM
Hi Stevem.
Thanks for all the guide.
Does all this training support Spark?
TNX
May 01, 2018, 12:12 PM
Thank you so much for you work. A very clear guide, monkey-proof

I was able to do al the mods without major issue. Only I had a problem in having Dumldore conneting to my Mavic Pro as I had to put an IP address in the network adapter config after some googling.

One question: has the issue with precision landing and mixing firmwares got to a solution yet ? Do we still to choose either precision landing or Pano / Quickshot availability ?

Thanks again man ;-)

Quick Reply