This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 01, 2018, 09:53 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Build Log

Ford Flivver—Epoxy

Rigging is recommended in the Ford Flivver 268 plans. When gluing the fin and stabilizer with epoxy onto the fuselage I noticed how important the rigging needed to be.

Shims were glued to the stab to level it. I had to trim off the pegs on the fin so that it would fit into the fuse slot. The fin had to be set vertically and also in alignment with the fuse. This was certainly more art that science.

Gorilla Glue epoxy dries in five minutes but can be set in 30-minutes. I trimmed off any Monokote to expose wood so epoxy could go on balsa. I put epoxy on the stab, fin, and the bracket into the rudder and bracket into the elevators.

After all was set, the left side elevator lifts up 1/8” higher. The rigging will need to correct this.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply