Mar 30, 2018, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon Hobby/Tower Hobbies, No Military Discount?

Why don't places like Horizon Hobby, Tower Hobbies & so forth don't offer military/veteran discounts?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2018, 02:59 PM
most exalted one
Probably with Tower it is because with the discount they already offer, there is nothing more left. They are in bankruptcy so they were already losing money.
Mar 31, 2018, 01:26 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
Some companies do not want to undercut their dealer network. If they offered that discount, then local hobby shops would be out-priced. Margins when you take into effect shipping, employees, keeping the lights on, rent, etc. is very low.
Apr 01, 2018, 08:26 AM
I'm not the pivot man
I am a veteran and disagree with offering discounts to active or past veterans. Just sits wrong with me; I did not serve so that later in life I get freebies or discounts.

Another point of view is it financially burdens the vendor and market, and puts at odds those that are pacifist or anti-war. I will buy a meal for a vet in a heartbeat but that is a personal decision made at that moment and the money loss is only to me and the act in no way will be controversial to anyone.
Apr 01, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusterCluck
I am a veteran and disagree with offering discounts to active or past veterans. Just sits wrong with me; I did not serve so that later in life I get freebies or discounts.

Another point of view is it financially burdens the vendor and market, and puts at odds those that are pacifist or anti-war. I will buy a meal for a vet in a heartbeat but that is a personal decision made at that moment and the money loss is only to me and the act in no way will be controversial to anyone.
+1...... Our local LHS gives our club members a 10% discount & I'm quite happy with that.
Apr 01, 2018, 02:28 PM
A man with too many toys

Tower Club Discount

It would be nice if Tower offered veterans free club membership.

I wonder if the new owners will continue the Club discount program?

Apr 02, 2018, 02:41 AM
most exalted one
The club membership was available lately for 4.99 and I think even less than that at one time.
I'm good for 3 years(WAS!)
Apr 02, 2018, 06:25 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
The club membership was available lately for 4.99 and I think even less than that at one time.
I'm good for 3 years(WAS!)
Who knows what the new owner will do with the club program?

I have a few things on back order - I wonder if they will keep them or just cancel everything and start over.

If Horizon gets Tower i wonder if they will keep the name or everything will be sold under the name Horizon. Has anyone seen anything about that?

Aug 28, 2018, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamogordo
Why don't places like Horizon Hobby, Tower Hobbies & so forth don't offer military/veteran discounts?
Because it is all about ripping off the consumer and forcing other companies to go BK
Aug 28, 2018, 06:56 PM
Since Horizon has taken Top Flite and thrown it in the garbage bin I will never buy products from them. No Monokote? Well I will buy China Kote from Hobby King. At least I am cutting out the over priced middleman. No more kits from Great Planes, Top Flite, Goldberg because of these greedy Ba##tards. Screwge them. The hobby has changed for the worse.

Quick Reply